Time for Roc to go?

time to give roc the boot? or is he really an evil genius?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. time to give roc the boot? or is he really an evil genius?

• give him the axe
    • one more year
    • Roc is the answer!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="TexasTerror" post="956546" timestamp="1296245135"]
Best part about Lamar coaching searches..

The fans' expectations are through the roof and we get to hear hyperbole of how many great coaches are interested in coming to Lamar... then we end up with another Ray Woodard-type, a guy with no head coaching experience at the Div I level, let alone the Div II level. Fantastic!
[/quote]

I can promise you if there is a coaching change with the MBB team the leadership at Lamar will leave no stone uncovered.

How is Hooten working out for you guys in Huntsville?

[quote name="TexasTerror" post="957188" timestamp="1296313856"]
[quote author=bigred360 link=topic=79372.msg956712#msg956712 date=1296260983]I can promise you it there is a coaching change with the MBB team the leadership at Lamar will leave no stone uncovered.[/QUOTE]

Similar assessment of the football search?
[/quote]

Did Woodard pick on you when you were a kid or something?  Nobody here cares what you think about Woodard.  ::)

He is a slow learner as I have been telling him this from years. See how he didn't answer the second part of my statement.

Again I'll ask, how is Hooten doing in Huntsville?

Worry about your own program and leadership at SHSU. As you can see, there are no threads here or on BRI about the Kat's and their athletic programs.

[quote name="TexasTerror" post="957508" timestamp="1296359954"]
[quote author=bigred360 link=topic=79372.msg957233#msg957233 date=1296319234]Worry about your own program and leadership at SHSU. As you can see, there are no threads here or on BRI about the Kat's and their athletic programs.
[/quote]

Neither board particularly cares or covers the Southland...
[/quote]

Neither does McNeese. I like the guys over on the McNeese board, they follow their sports teams and if someone from Lamar comes and talks to them they just chat with them. They don't feel the need to constantly tell you what's wrong with your program or how great their sports teams are in comparison.

I totally agree...my attitude is best wishes to Kat fans and sincerely hope they succeed in whatever direction their leadership takes them, but I only care about Lamar..hopefully very soon we will be out the SLC and their interest in us will die also..and if not...from afar and only on their boards.

One note about McNeese and their fans..they were so classy at our first football game. They geninuely were happy for us to be back and kept wishing us good luck etc. I am very glad that we will continue that rivalry even when we leave.

[quote name="GeauxLamar" post="957582" timestamp="1296395179"]
I totally agree...my attitude is best wishes to Kat fans and sincerely hope they succeed in whatever direction their leadership takes them, but I only care about Lamar..hopefully very soon we will be out the SLC and their interest in us will die also..and if not...from afar and only on their boards.

One note about McNeese and their fans..they were so classy at our first football game. They geninuely were happy for us to be back and kept wishing us good luck etc. I am very glad that we will continue that rivalry even when we leave.
[/quote]

i agree...the mcneese fans were very nice at our first football game...and even though we lost it was such a great small college football atmosphere and personally to me that is what made it unique...it didnt matter who their cowboys were playing they just went out and supported their team.  i wish some of that would rub off on our fans lol...to me there is no shame in being a small college football team..as long as we win consistently jmo  8) sorry back on topic, coach roc  ;D

To answer the question of this thread ask yourself this... Has he had time to get his own kind of players in the system? The answer is yes....Has he had the support of university administration, alumni and fans? My answer is yes again....Are we [color=red]significantly[/color] better than we were 4 or 5 years ago? In my opinion the answer is no....I thank Roc for his effort but I believe its time for a change....

[quote name="88Warrior" post="957659" timestamp="1296412730"]
To answer the question of this thread ask yourself this... Has he had time to get his own kind of players in the system? The answer is yes....Has he had the support of university administration, alumni and fans? My answer is yes again....Are we [color=red]significantly[/color] better than we were 4 or 5 years ago? In my opinion the answer is no....I thank Roc for his effort but I believe its time for a change....
[/quote]

Very well said and 100% accurate!!!!

[quote name="JJWooten" post="958428" timestamp="1296537915"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=79372.msg958394#msg958394 date=1296533632]
[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=79372.msg958312#msg958312 date=1296526915]
who are the 8 chowder heads...slam houston fans?
[/quote]
;D ;D ;D

[/quote]

I'm sure it's Roc and his immediate family.
[/quote]

That is what I was thinking!!!!!

I have alway hated to see a coach not make it.  I don't know what will happen concerning the mens BB coaching situation.  That said, it is IMHO that if a change is made, we need [b]COMPLETELY NEW BLOOD[/b] in the program, that is a new coach who has no previous ties to LU that has the pedigree to get this back to where Billy Tubbs had the program his 1st go around.  I think only new blood can make that happen.

[quote name="bigred360" post="958938" timestamp="1296594547"]
North, if you go in that direction you take Alvin Brooks out of the equation. Not sure if that is a good are bad move.

The more I think about it I don't see BCG here as he and Roc are good friends. Obviously, I could be wrong about both.
[/quote]

alvin brooks?...maybe we can get a coach with a winning history

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics