Should high school basketball coaches dress up for games?

[quote name="jumpstop" post="956094" timestamp="1296174496"]

IMHO,
Tournament games- Casual (windsuits, jumpsuits, coaching gear)
Non District- Coaching polo and khakis
District - Dress up (Slacks, button ups, tie, vest, etc.)

[/quote]The vest and tie usually gets tossed about the third quarter.....

i personally don't care as long as they don't look like bill belicheat.  slacks and matching school polos for coaching staffs should be more than sufficient.  These are HS coaches, and they make HS coach money, so i'm not going to expect them to dress up like a college or pro coach who's making money into the millions of dollars.

[quote name="tigerguy" post="956187" timestamp="1296186494"]
They should "uni" it up just like the baseball coaches do!   ;D
[/quote]

:D  :D , better yet the uni from their high school days, can you even buy shorts that short anymore?

back to the original question i think neat is enough, i guess its a tradition thing to tie up?

If coaches hold their own players to a high standard then they need to hold themselves to a high standard.  Dressing up for basketball games is one way to look professional.  The main problem with area schools is that athletic directors do not hold their coaches to a high standard, obviously because they are football coaches and could care less what happens on the basketball court.  Look at the bigger districts around the state where the football coach is not AD and you will see all the coaches dressing up for the games.  It sends a message to the kids, parents, and schools that their sport means business and they will promote a professional program.  IMO no jeans or windpants ever you can't even wear that in your classroom.

Guest speechless
so your assumption is most small school bball coaches are football coaches

if they are not wearing a shirt and tie they dont care as much

if they are not wearing a shirt and tie they do not have high standards

if they are not wearing a shirt and tie they do not run a program that teaches kids to have high standards

I'm saying Jeans or Windpants is unacceptable.
I did not say that makes someone a better coach.
Did not say anything about basketball coaches being football coaches I said ADs are football coaches.
I am saying it is more professional to dress for a basketball game.

[quote name="speechless" post="956289" timestamp="1296225645"]
so a staff all wearing the same wind suit on an 8 am christmas break tournament game is unprofessional?
[/quote]

Then they should let the kids wear sweatpants during the game...

An 8 A.M. Christmas break tournament game is no less important than a regular non-district game.

[quote name="speechless" post="956310" timestamp="1296226731"]
sweat pants would be much less comfortable than the regular uniform
[/quote]

LoL you are right windpants are more comfortable for coaches never disagreed with that but the question is not on comfort. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami