18 3A games 2/1/11

no-look

[quote name="shooter" post="957387" timestamp="1296341541"]
Diboll did, but I think Jasper is capable of beating anyof the top teams in the district at home or on the road.  Also, I think their capable of being beaten by any team if they don't come to play.
[/quote]

Jasper is VERY tough to beat at home.

Four teams competing for the top three spots...and it does look like it may be Diboll or Jasper that gets left out...but Hudson isn't safe yet by any means...and Diboll has Center at home this round. Diboll lost to Center at their place by about 8 but went to overtime on a neutral court. That game at Diboll should be a great one to watch. 

Its a really fun district this year and with the exception of one team very well balanced.

[quote name="meadowlark" post="957678" timestamp="1296417632"]
[quote author=shooter link=topic=79361.msg957387#msg957387 date=1296341541]
Diboll did, but I think Jasper is capable of beating anyof the top teams in the district at home or on the road.  Also, I think their capable of being beaten by any team if they don't come to play.
[/quote]

Four teams competing for the top three spots...and it does look like it may be Diboll or Jasper that gets left out...but Hudson isn't safe yet by any means...and Diboll has Center at home this round. Diboll lost to Center at their place by about 8 but went to overtime on a neutral court. That game at Diboll should be a great one to watch. 

Its a really fun district this year and with the exception of one team very well balanced.
[/quote]The Diboll/Huntington game tuesday will be huge for both teams. Huntington has to win and win friday at Jasper or they are toast.Should be a great atmosphere and a packed house tuesday.....I owe you a popcorn and a decafinated drink...lol

[quote name="no-look" post="957695" timestamp="1296420394"]
[quote author=meadowlark link=topic=79361.msg957678#msg957678 date=1296417632]
[/quote]

[/quote]The Diboll/Huntington game tuesday will be huge for both teams. Huntington has to win and win friday at Jasper or they are toast.Should be a great atmosphere and a packed house tuesday.....I owe you a popcorn and a decafinated drink...lol
[/quote]

I'd just be happy to shake your hand....and you are right, it is an important game for both teams.  That at Jasper game will be very tough...keep one eye on the scoreboard, one on the clock, and have someone give you the play by play cause of the problems there. Its unreal.

[quote name="no-look" post="957695" timestamp="1296420394"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Will Gestapo play an integral part in this one?

[quote name="stevenash" post="957803" timestamp="1296441273"]
[quote author=no-look link=topic=79361.msg957695#msg957695 date=1296420394]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Will Gestapo play an integral part in this one?
[/quote]Big time, There will be an all out blitze!  ;D

jdog, from what i hear, the Gestapo can not help but follow their leader (no look).  He will even plead for them to not engage but they go by his creed  and cannot take a night off.  lol
Seriously, I didnt know what the Gestapo joke was until no look and nash told me one day.  On going joke, that has become famous or in some cases infamous. lol

[quote name="east texas bb" post="957789" timestamp="1296438783"]
Meadowlark, I pointed out the fact that yall were in 3rd place not Jasper so every comment I make is not negative.  And the smiting thing is a joke.
[/quote]

If it is a joke, which it was not, why do I get a negative everytime you reply to my posts? Who is this "yall"  Sorry but I have not seen anything except negative comments from you...carry on and smite away again.

[quote name="no-look" post="957801" timestamp="1296440557"]
Diboll has Huntington,Center and Jasper coming up. Jasper has Central, Huntington and Center. Maybe a bye mixed in there somewhere.
[/quote]

The Center and Jasper games with Diboll are at Diboll and the Huntington game is away.

The Jasper game vs Center is away for Jasper and Center is clearly laying for Jasper after that one in Jasper that was questionable.  Not sure where the other Jasper games are?  If they catch Central at their place,  that will not be an easy game and Huntington will be tough where ever it is played.

Let the games begin!!

The smiting part is a joke.  Im sorry you dont understand that.  What does the karma of anyone on the board mean?  It dosent mean anything.  Sorry I touched a nerve or said something out of place.  I definetly know that I do not know everything and can admit when I am wrong.  You undoubtely believe I was being negative with the smite, so I apologize.  Good luck the rest of the way.

[quote name="no-look" post="958202" timestamp="1296513409"]
Just a hint, If you ever get stopped by a peace officer, whatever you do dont tell them you know nash......it would be like throwing a a rock at a hornets nest!............
[/quote]

What an insult.  I beg to differ.  It would be more like throwing gasoline on a fire ;D

[quote name="east texas bb" post="958284" timestamp="1296524156"]
No look, are you for sure on the Hudson/Kirbyville game?  Isnt Kirbyville due a win too. lol  
All kidding aside, the Jasper vs. Central should be a good game.  
[/quote]I went out on a limb with the Hudson-Kirbyville.....lol

[quote name="no-look" post="958291" timestamp="1296524641"]
[quote author=east texas bb link=topic=79361.msg958284#msg958284 date=1296524156]
No look, are you for sure on the Hudson/Kirbyville game?  Isnt Kirbyville due a win too. lol  
All kidding aside, the Jasper vs. Central should be a good game.  
[/quote]I went out on a limb with the Hudson-Kirbyville.....lol
[/quote]
a VERY VERY long limb ........ lol  ;D

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="shooter" post="957314" timestamp="1296330137"]
Diboll and Jasper are tied @ 5-3

18-3A        
Team     W     L
Center     7     1
Lufkin Hudson 6     2
Diboll     5     3
Jasper     5     3
Huntington 3     4
Pollok Central 2     6
Kirbyville     0     7

[/quote]
Record through February 8 with two games left for every team except Jasper?  Jasper plays Diboll at Diboll Friday night I believe.

18-3A        
Team           W     L
Center     8     2
Lufkin Hudson 8     2
Jasper     8     3
Diboll             6     4
Huntington     3     7
Pollok Central 2     8
Kirbyville     0     8

Interesting how things are playing out in 18-3a.  Especially for lightly regarded underDOG Jasper.  At this point, they are the only team without a second half loss.  If they lose to Diboll Friday they will be in a tie with Diboll for third place.  I presume the tie-breaker would be Diboll's better record head to head and Jasper would be finished.

On the other hand, if Jasper again somehow finds a way to win away from home, (as they did last night at Center and last week at Central) then it appears they will end district at least tied with either Center or Hudson for second.  Against Center Jasper has two wins, and has a split with Hudson.  Hudson has Huntington and Center remaining so either Center or Hudson must pick up another loss.  There is a lot riding on the last two district games for all these four teams it appears.  How is it going to play out?

The report is that Jasper defeated Diboll at Diboll tonight.  Jasper did it the hard way in the second half of district picking up road wins against Pollok Central, Center, and Diboll.

This assures Jasper at worst a tie for second place in the district, and an outside chance at a 3 way tie for first.

Dogs, they said you could not do it!  Congratulations on winning all your second half district games!  :)

I think this proves that the "scoring table" brouhaha was pure bunkum.  Jasper proved they deserved to win by doing it on the road against some of the district's top teams.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin