Why does Alvarez want to leave Kirbyville

T-daddy

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any coach would be looking to better himself. Kirbyville is definitely not the "end-all" type of job. I don't see anything wrong with Jack trying to get a 5A, 4A or bigger 3A job.

As for the talent coming up at Kirbyville, I saw their freshman team play some this year, was not too impressed.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="950348" timestamp="1295368971"]
Any coach would be looking to better himself. Kirbyville is definitely not the "end-all" type of job. I don't see anything wrong with Jack trying to get a 5A, 4A or bigger 3A job.

As for the talent coming up at Kirbyville, I saw their freshman team play some this year, was not too impressed.
[/quote]

:o

Guest oooohEasily
[quote name="pirateguy" post="950371" timestamp="1295370873"]
The talent is gone and he knows it. They'll have a decent year this year, then it's really going to go downhill after that class graduates.
[/quote]

they have a good 7th and 8th grade class coming up and they will be 2a next realignment just chill this happens every year

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="950348" timestamp="1295368971"]

[/quote] I agree about him betting himself, but as far as talent.....you better recognize! Kirbyville still dangerous.

Guest ECBucFan
Probably a combination of factors for Alvarez. It is also a fact many times coaches apply for another job, to use that as leverage to get a pay increase from their existing employer. Alvarez is probably really wanting a career move "up", though.   

As far as Kirbyville having talent back next year, I don't know. I have a good friend in Newton that says that Kirbyville will not have a deep run in the play-offs again anytime soon. That the tallent will be gone. Weather that is true or not I don't know. Alverez may want to move now if it is true. It would be easer to get a better offer when you have had the success he has had the last few years. A bad talent year could hurt his chances if the win/loss record goes down. Again I don't know anything about the returning talent. If he does stay I'm sure he will get the most out of the talent he has and field a competive team. He is a very good coach.

[quote name="T-daddy" post="950341" timestamp="1295368344"]
just wondering why he is trying so hard to leave kirbyville is it because he has no talent coming up?
[/quote]You have to understand .. this has become an annual rite of passage in Kirbyville ... happens every year ... kind of get used to it though ... I have heard all the naysayers ... however, this was said in 2009 after Hazlewood, Musgrove, and Co left .... was said when Pierce Rhodes and his group graduated ... kids will come in August ready to play ... we still have talent coming up ... a bit young and raw ... but then again, so were Ford, Cucancic, Keene, Breed, etc.. in 2008, 2009 ... we'll wait and see ... keep telling ya don't pay attention to subvarsity ... smaller schools move best players up earlier ...

[quote name="Lefty99" post="950399" timestamp="1295372868"]
You can't blame a man trying to better himself.  If he leaves I wish the best for him.
[/quote]
I agree.  He helped Kirbyville move up from the bottom.  Good luck to him.  I doubt that the talent supply has anything to do with it.

Is this the first year he has been applying for other jobs?

[quote name="j_dog" post="950777" timestamp="1295406853"]
[quote author=Lefty99 link=topic=78898.msg950399#msg950399 date=1295372868]
You can't blame a man trying to better himself.  If he leaves I wish the best for him.
[/quote]
I agree.  He helped Kirbyville move up from the bottom.  Good luck to him.  I doubt that the talent supply has anything to do with it.

Is this the first year he has been applying for other jobs?
[/quote]

Kirbyville will be just fine...May surprise a few folks...Nothing new..lol Same thing every year the doomsday predictors come out predicting the demise of the Wildcat's ,But come playoff time,We are still in the hunt... Same song,second verse....No Big Deal.... ;)

[quote name="CatFan81" post="952631" timestamp="1295664448"]
Heard rumor today that Alvarez was offered the Paris job.  Anybody got any info about this or is this just a small town rumor??
[/quote]

If true, I wish him lots of luck. Paris is lucky to get him. I suspect they'll be contending for state championships within the next 2 - 3 years, if not sooner.

[quote name="JB94" post="952856" timestamp="1295679009"]
[quote author=CatFan81 link=topic=78898.msg952631#msg952631 date=1295664448]
Heard rumor today that Alvarez was offered the Paris job.  Anybody got any info about this or is this just a small town rumor??
[/quote]

If true, I wish him lots of luck. Paris is lucky to get him. I suspect they'll be contending for state championships within the next 2 - 3 years, if not sooner.
[/quote]
True.  A much better choice than a Mr. Bowman that applies everywhere, then turns them down!  Just withdrew from the Temple process after getting to the finalist stage.

[quote name="JB94" post="952856" timestamp="1295679009"]
[quote author=CatFan81 link=topic=78898.msg952631#msg952631 date=1295664448]
[/quote]

[/quote] We'll know next week i'm sure.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder