Why does Alvarez want to leave Kirbyville

T-daddy

Paris sounds promising and word is that its between Alvarez, Bowman (again what a joke) and guy already in the Ennis porgram at Ennis so well have to wait and see.  I think Bowman is still playing games and I dont see them going with a guy from inside.   Ennis and Paris  LOL   Jasper who???

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="rykerx144" post="953008" timestamp="1295723751"]
Paris sounds promising and word is that its between Alvarez, Bowman (again what a joke) and guy already in the Ennis porgram at Ennis so well have to wait and see.  I think Bowman is still playing games and I dont see them going with a guy from inside.   Ennis and Paris  LOL   Jasper who???
[/quote]

It seems very strange to me that Bowman is applying at so many places and then removing his name from consideration. Hopefully Daingerfield is the only place he ever wants to coach at because if I'm another school district I'm hesitant to seriously consider him in the future.

Why would anyone not want a man to better his situation in life? Coach Alvarez has proven he can perform in the job and teachers retirement depends on their pay level in the last few years they teach. This is something anyone should be concerned about, their own life. I hope he finds what ever it is that makes him happy. Maybe it's the challenge, maybe it's money in the later years.

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="snag" post="953206" timestamp="1295751227"]
[quote author=ECBucFan link=topic=78898.msg953158#msg953158 date=1295742741]
Pineland West Sabine.
[/quote]What kind of record did he have there?
[/quote]

Oh I have no idea. I just remember back 10 or so years ago, they were a 2A opponent with EC. W. Sabine was always undermanned due to their enrollment, but was always a real feisty opponent. I know they made the playoffs some, but don't remember exactly when. 

[quote name="lakerat" post="954109" timestamp="1295960150"]
Good chance Coach Alvarez is hired in Ennis tonight.
[/quote]

And Jasper brass said  "Coach you don't have a chance to be the HC/AD at Jasper but you can still interview if you want"....  Really??   Really?    Really?

That is an actual quote from a person of power in Jasper who shall remain nameless... but you know who it is if you know Jasper.
[img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3417/3577230926_ee3e324b4a.jpg[/img]

he did apply for several jobs... must want to give the 4A/5A gig a try... Will he keep the spread offense of Sam Harrell? what kind of defense?.. If he's making anywhere close to Harrell, that's a lot of reasons Kirbyville can't match..

[url=http://theoldcoach.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1180848]Ennis New Release[/url]

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="954110" timestamp="1295960978"]
[quote author=lakerat link=topic=78898.msg954109#msg954109 date=1295960150]
Good chance Coach Alvarez is hired in Ennis tonight.
[/quote]

That would be a culture shock for the Lions fans!  From the spread to the wing-T!
[/quote]

There's no doubt.  Even with the wing-t he will win games & make noise.  Imagine what he can do with more talent...  The passing game ability (more talent) will be a deadly force.  He's a VERY good coach & will have things going quickly.

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="953732" timestamp="1295873485"]
Why would anyone not want a man to better his situation in life? Coach Alvarez has proven he can perform in the job and [b]teachers retir[/b][b]ment depends on their pay level in the last few years they teach[/b]e. This is something anyone should be concerned about, their own life. I hope he finds what ever it is that makes him happy. Maybe it's the challenge, maybe it's money in the later years.
[/quote]

I can't say I blame him concerning the money. If he get paid the $100K that has been rumored, that really helps bump up the money toward retirement. Look, many, many administrators plan there last years in education to be their best paid. Teachers generally aren't so lucky. We traditionally are stuck with whoever will have us at the end of our careers.

Congrats to Coach Alvarez on his new job!  One of the biggest perks is that he inherits a team with a lot of talent so he won't have to build a contender as was his task in Kirbyville.

Coach, be careful, you think the Kirbyville fans are rabid...and this statement is by no means meant to offend Wildcat fans....you haven't seen anything yet.  And whatever you do, no matter how the season is going, DON'T EVER....AND I MEAN EVER....lose to Waxahachie!

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="954585" timestamp="1296006444"]
Coach, be careful, you think the Kirbyville fans are rabid...and this statement is by no means meant to offend Wildcat fans....you haven't seen anything yet.  And whatever you do, no matter how the season is going, DON'T EVER....AND I MEAN EVER....lose to Waxahachie!
[/quote]

This is true. I just hope fans bring the shakers back this year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder