New Helmets

9Doggies

Xenith was not even tested by the NFL.  I have talked to several College equipment guys and they will not put the Xenith on their kids.  And in the NFL, you paid for everything you wear.  The draw back is that they use a cable that is attached to chin strap to tighten the shock bonnet around the head.   To me that means that the kid now has control over the fit of the helmet.  That becomes a safety issue.  Also, if the cable should break, you are not able to fix it. 

No helmet is going to prevent all concussions. If they say it prevents all concussions, run lightning is about to strike. The goal is to reduce the likely hood of getting a concussion.  That requires constant monitering of the fit of the helmet and making it where kids can not adjust the fit that much.  

When the NFL did its testing, they gave a "thumbs up" to the Riddell Revolution, Ridell Revo Speed and the Schutt DNA pro.  THe highest priced helmet, the schutt Ion did not make the cut and I know of one Dr that prescribed this helmet for a kid to reduce concussions.  

It is an educational process, teach the kids to tell you if something is wrong.  And then inspect, inspect, inspect.

Think about what the Bills did with Kelso in the 90's, put the foam rubber cushion on top.  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder