Absolute Circus - Jasper..List Of Applicants Now Posted!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw a couple of interesting names on that list that I didn't expect...McFarland and Hunt. Both played on great Jasper teams. I'm not sure why Fred applied, but I know for a fact that he is passionate about Jasper football and wants to help get the program back on its feet. Marcus has a bright future in coaching and would have loved to come home.

I don't think we'll ever know how it all REALLY went down, but it would be foolish to dismiss Coach Morgan's track record. Obviously, the guy's talented and knows what it takes to win. Hopefully he'll be around for a long time and we can all put this discussion to bed.

[quote name="the sports guy" post="947779" timestamp="1294971491"]
[quote author=Scooter! link=topic=78668.msg947759#msg947759 date=1294969212]
where was my name? i applied. guess they didnt want someone coming from west texas to outshine them  :D :D :D :D :D

j/k
[/quote]
They asked me to take the job.....then turned me down for trying to bring you in with me.  Jasper ::)
[/quote]there goes my first state title  :D

Process doesn't really matter now. I hope everyone in Jasper gets behind Morgan, lets him coach, and supports the kids. I do believe this is a really sound hire for Jasper. I just hope he is here at least five years. He has a chance to build a program and his career. Should be a win, win for him and Jasper. Go Bulldogs!

There is no way to know who the best applicant is until all the applications are in.  If Jasper offered the job before all the applications were in, that would not be ethical and nor fair to all the other applicants.  Jasper's duty to the athletes and fans is to hire the best applicant possible for Jasper.  That is a judgement call.  Jasper fans will have to trust that the right call was made.

First of all congratulations to Coach Morgan new leader of the DAWGS!!!!!!!

and second of all is the circus really over muhahahaha!!!!  ???

After all there where only [b]3 members[/b] of the search committee and all of the information leaked to us before the announcement was made? hahahaha let the witch hunt begin baha baha bahahaha

Oh no he dinint!!!

[quote name="jeffcoat" post="947914" timestamp="1294984931"]
As I stated earlier we maybe didnt hire the biggest name, but we got the best coach.

Let the winning begin!
[/quote]

Yezzzir!!!!!!!! However I wish we  would have gave [b]Drew Peackock[/b] a look. He isn't the biggest either but I don't think it would take much for him to get bigger  ;D

Ohhhh snap the ladies didn't even know he wanted the job

Everyone knows that hiring DC/HC is always going to creat some hard feelings.  A good question for all of those who are upset would be this, Who gives Jasper the best opportunity to have the best football program? The best Football program meaning, Discipline, developing character in the athletes, Football Genius, surrounded by capable assistants, great in community public relations, concerned about the total athletic program as a whole.  The problem with Jasper is simply this: 1. Gloomy outlook before the New coach even hits the door. 2. Mind set, how can Kirbyville, Newton produce successful programs every year, Their athletes love and believe the game they play! once winning is in your blood, its hard to remove. 3. The old glory days of Jasper sports, yea back in the day! times have surely changed, and the generation has as well. alot of these young men who take the fields today are the same fields that their fathers played on. 4. i just bet you their parents weren't up at the fieldhouses back in the day trying to disagree with what the coach was doing, lets face it, until parents start holding their athletes accountable for working hard like they use to, and put down the cell phones, and all the other distractions they care about more then the game the old schoolers loved to play you wont see a change.  5. finally, maybe just maybe, yall will get the picture in Jasper, Patience!!! you want to win, but simply just move out of the way, and let this new Coach do his job! 

[color=maroon]CLICK HERE FOR FULL EFFECT>>>>>  [/color] http://www.audiomicro.com/party-circus-music-sound-effects-168312

[quote name="jackhammer" post="947477" timestamp="1294937959"]
JASPER GETTING THINGS READY FOR BIG PRESS CONFERENCE

[img]http://www.judasfavre.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/celebrity-circus-coming-to-nbc.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

[quote name="luvdgame07" post="947988" timestamp="1295017668"]
Everyone knows that hiring DC/HC is always going to creat some hard feelings.  A good question for all of those who are upset would be this, Who gives Jasper the best opportunity to have the best football program? The best Football program meaning, Discipline, developing character in the athletes, Football Genius, surrounded by capable assistants, great in community public relations, concerned about the total athletic program as a whole.  The problem with Jasper is simply this: 1. Gloomy outlook before the New coach even hits the door. 2. Mind set, how can Kirbyville, Newton produce successful programs every year, Their athletes love and believe the game they play! once winning is in your blood, its hard to remove. 3. The old glory days of Jasper sports, yea back in the day! times have surely changed, and the generation has as well. alot of these young men who take the fields today are the same fields that their fathers played on. 4. i just bet you their parents weren't up at the fieldhouses back in the day trying to disagree with what the coach was doing, lets face it, until parents start holding their athletes accountable for working hard like they use to, and put down the cell phones, and all the other distractions they care about more then the game the old schoolers loved to play you wont see a change.  5. finally, maybe just maybe, yall will get the picture in Jasper, Patience!!! you want to win, but simply just move out of the way, and let this new Coach do his job! 

[/quote]
Agreed!  Administrators, parents, fans:  Everyone get out of the way and let the new coach develop his program.  I do not know details of what has happened in the post Walkoviak era, but it sure seems that perhaps there may have been way too much interference at times.  On the other hand, it is the responsibility of the AD/HC to sell his program and win folks over.  If he cannot sell his program, it is time to move on.

[quote name="jdawg83" post="947894" timestamp="1294980469"]

After all there where only [b]3 members[/b] of the search committee and all of the information leaked to us before the announcement was made? hahahaha let the witch hunt begin baha baha bahahaha

Oh no he dinint!!!
[/quote]

Wonder how the meeting will go?  Will the board give a unamimous vote rubber stamping Coleman's recommendation or a split vote?  Jasper's been down this road before.  Usually you don't put the cart before the horse.  Could be some interesting dialogue.  I've heard there are a lot of unhappy campers in Jasper.

Guest oooohEasily
I know if I was on the school board I would not be happy with the way this made my district look  >:(. Come five o' clock I imagine that is going to be one long meeting. I would be wanting to know how all this information got out and how I was going to correct it.

[quote name="jdawg83" post="947894" timestamp="1294980469"]

Oh no he dinint!!!
[/quote]

[size=16pt][b]Who is the[/b][/size]
[img]http://crypticbedfellows.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/10_leaky-faucet.jpg[/img]

We will soon know about the Board support.  I cannot conceive that Mr. Coleman would have allowed this information to be published unless the Board was on board.  If not, he may find himself in a pickle.  ;)  Then again, it is best that the Board stays out of the selection.  That is why they hire professional administrators.  Jasper is ready to start winning again.  I do not think the Board will want to mess up the works.

I admire the District for going for the unconventional pick.  The "safe" picks of the recent past have proved to not be so "safe"!  There are many coaches out there that can win district occasionally.  Very few ever win state.  They offered the job to one who had won three times as head coach, then they turned to one that has participated in three state wins.  That is good enough for me.  We know for sure that he will be thinking "state" and not just district.

[quote name="j_dog" post="948225" timestamp="1295041400"]
We will soon know about the Board support.  I cannot conceive that Mr. Coleman would have allowed this information to be published unless the Board was on board.  If not, he may find himself in a pickle.   ;)  Then again, it is best that the Board stays out of the selection.  That is why they hire professional administrators.  Jasper is ready to start winning again.  I do not think the Board will want to mess up the works.

I admire the District for going for the unconventional pick.  The "safe" picks of the recent past have proved to not be so "safe"!  There are many coaches out there that can win district occasionally.  Very few ever win state.  They offered the job to one who had won three times as head coach, then they turned to one that has participated in three state wins.  That is good enough for me.  We know for sure that he will be thinking "state" and not just district.
[/quote]

So J_dog... you think it'll be a rubber stamp approval by the board?  Or will Mr. C be in a pickle?  Regardless, the drama is fun to watch.  Should be a reality show.

[quote name="rykerx144" post="948252" timestamp="1295044538"]
[quote author=pirateguy link=topic=78668.msg948250#msg948250 date=1295044371]
It will be a unanimous decision to approve the hire. Why wouldn't it be?
[/quote]

might be!  but the word is that some are upset and it might not go so smooth
[/quote]why?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    geho
    Newest Member
    geho