Most Overrated SETX team

BADSANTA

[quote name="jumpstop" post="934203" timestamp="1292513441"]
Hey Big Ford,
Will Vidor "loose" or will they "lose"?  ::)

Before talking too much smack, get to your English tutorials.
[/quote]

After the Nederland game tonight, how about you meet me at the Legacy game next week and we will see which one they do...

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JoesBros
[quote name="Big Ford" post="934627" timestamp="1292587023"]
[quote author=jumpstop link=topic=77550.msg934203#msg934203 date=1292513441]
Hey Big Ford,
Will Vidor "loose" or will they "lose"?  ::)

Before talking too much smack, get to your English tutorials.
[/quote]

After the Nederland game tonight, how about you meet me at the Legacy game next week and we will see which one they do...
[/quote]
Ok really?? Real smart response there  ::) I dont understand how a team is overrated after not really doing or accomplishing anything yet? But the way things go over here it dosent matter if they win or lose tonight they will get ripped.

[quote name="wOUTanEXCUSE" post="934502" timestamp="1292549259"]
The KIDS don't make the schedule and the KIDS won all the games they were supposed to win... [b]Seems that people are bitter that they haven't loss[/b].. Vidor has lost to some of these teams in recent years.. I'm not saying they will win state, or district for that matter but no need to discredit what the kids have done so far because the COACH put together a weak schedule. At least wait for them to get blown out to rip them apart, and tell them how over-rated they are. Then I'd be right with you guys.. As I am just as against THAT weak of a schedule.
[/quote]

i don't think anybody's bitter about that.  maybe some people will be bitter if they start winning a bunch of district games, i don't know, as i don't really follow 4A basketball much.  the only reason this is an issue is because it's the softest pre-district schedule most of us have ever seen.  in the long run, i think it will hurt the boys rather than help them.  they have no experience fighting adversity, they have no experience bouncing back from a loss, heck, they don't even have experience playing decent teams.  i just don't see how "learning how to win" against mediocre to awful teams is going to prepare them for the quality teams they're about to face in district.  all that being said, i don't think they're overrated, but under-prepared.

Guest JoesBros
[quote name="bullets13" post="934655" timestamp="1292594204"]
[quote author=wOUTanEXCUSE link=topic=77550.msg934502#msg934502 date=1292549259]
The KIDS don't make the schedule and the KIDS won all the games they were supposed to win... [b]Seems that people are bitter that they haven't loss[/b].. Vidor has lost to some of these teams in recent years.. I'm not saying they will win state, or district for that matter but no need to discredit what the kids have done so far because the COACH put together a weak schedule. At least wait for them to get blown out to rip them apart, and tell them how over-rated they are. Then I'd be right with you guys.. As I am just as against THAT weak of a schedule.
[/quote]

i don't think anybody's bitter about that.  maybe some people will be bitter if they start winning a bunch of district games, i don't know, as i don't really follow 4A basketball much.  the only reason this is an issue is because it's the softest pre-district schedule most of us have ever seen.  [b]in the long run, i think it will hurt the boys rather than help them.  they have no experience fighting adversity, they have no experience bouncing back from a loss, heck, they don't even have experience playing decent teams.  i just don't see how "learning how to win" against mediocre to awful teams is going to prepare them for the quality teams they're about to face in district.[/b]  all that being said, i don't think they're overrated, but under-prepared.
[/quote]
So I guess since 98% of this team are all returned from last season it dosent matter? The schedule was rougher last season in Pre-District this team DID get their butts kicked in district last season. So they do have the experience against the good teams in district and I garuntee you that tonight when those lights come on this team will be ready to play!

joe, i'm not going to argue your point, as it's valid, but i don't think games that happened 10 months ago are going to have them ready for the same type of games this year, especially with absolutely nothing leading up to district to get them "re-prepared" for this type of ball. 

Guest JoesBros
[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="934666" timestamp="1292595249"]
Going to be tough, Joey.  Your facing a state ranked (  ::) ::) ) team...
[/quote]
What?? your still not buying into that ranking??  :D

[quote name="Scooter!" post="934479" timestamp="1292547684"]
[quote author=no-look link=topic=77550.msg934463#msg934463 date=1292546842]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=77550.msg934455#msg934455 date=1292545419]
[quote author=bullets13 link=topic=77550.msg934436#msg934436 date=1292542666]
[quote author=wOUTanEXCUSE link=topic=77550.msg934383#msg934383 date=1292536350]
ya exactly..10th... Wow...w three district teams ahead of them... Cant say that is a great rating..
[/quote]

i'd say it's pretty generous considering they're 12 games into the season without playing a team above 3A, or a quality opponent, for that matter.
[/quote]They've played Hamshire Fannett 4 times 8)
[/quote]Hamshire Fannett shouldn't have got in their way.... ;D
[/quote]I thought HF was winning state this year?  ???
[/quote]No, not this year. But HF has a serious shot @ 3rd place in district.

After tonights game, I think Vidor proved a lot of you guys wrong.
They may not have won, but they proved that they can hang.
Nederland didn't really have an off night either, so that excuse is out the window.
As I'm a Vidor fan, I mat be somewhat biased. However, I have a big cheesy smile on my face as I'm writing this because I think Vidor just shut all those haters up. They didn't win, but that was a close game. I can imagine Bryan English had a little sweat running down his face all the way to the end of the game.

[quote name="Gfberhi" post="935495" timestamp="1292645268"]
After tonights game, I think Vidor proved a lot of you guys wrong.
They may not have won, but they proved that they can hang.
Nederland didn't really have an off night either, so that excuse is out the window.
As I'm a Vidor fan, I mat be somewhat biased. However, I have a big cheesy smile on my face as I'm writing this because I think Vidor just shut all those haters up. They didn't win, but that was a close game. I can imagine Bryan English had a little sweat running down his face all the way to the end of the game.
[/quote]

i've been out of town, or i would've responded to this sooner.  as one of the "haters", i'm not going to give them much credit for losing against the ONLY real opponent they've faced all season.  i did see that bounced back with another win over local powerhouse legacy.

I'm not doubting Cleveland being good by any means! But, are they really "Second in the State Good?" I mean, this is over some quality teams!

And I know they're not in SETX, but Dallas Madison still up there, even with a 9-6 record. I'm thinking they're getting their ranking because of their name.

And I'm bracing myself here, because I'm about to get hit hard! However, I think HJ and Silsbee are both overrated this year. They just don't seem to be on the same level they were in the past.

All are good teams, no doubt! But are they where their rankings put them?

[quote name="HJ2012" post="937077" timestamp="1292959713"]
I'm not doubting Cleveland being good by any means! But, are they really "Second in the State Good?" I mean, this is over some quality teams!

And I know they're not in SETX, but Dallas Madison still up there, even with a 9-6 record. I'm thinking they're getting their ranking because of their name.

And I'm bracing myself here, because I'm about to get hit hard! However, I think HJ and Silsbee are both overrated this year. They just don't seem to be on the same level they were in the past.

[/quote]Whew! Finally the truth begans to come out about HJ ;D

How is Vidor overrated? Just because we had a 12-0 start before are district opener does not mean that we are overrated. Just have done a good job on getting a "W". An if you look at the Friday nights game against Nederland. You seen how good we are or can be. We didn't win that game, but we gave Nederland a run for there money. Overrated..... Is a huge accusation. Those boy put there heart into basketball, and critics want to call them overrated. That is a very rational statement. Vidor is the team that there record shows, and will be a contender for 20-4a district championship. Lets go Vidor, don't listen to all the haters.

[quote name="HJ2012" post="937077" timestamp="1292959713"]

[/quote]

I think HJ and Silsbee are legit top 10 teams in the state in 3A. Just speaking for Silsbee, I don't think there is a 3A team in the state that Silsbee cannot compete with. After taking 4A #1 ranked Galveston Ball to the brink of defeat, I like Silsbee's chances against any of the 3A teams in the state.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="937146" timestamp="1292969976"]
Will Silsbee or HJ have to go thru Cleveland if they win their district games?
[/quote]

The runner up of our district would not face Cleveland until the regional quarterfinal round (3rd round) and the district champ would not face Cleveland until the regional final round( 5th round). That's if Cleveland wins their district and makes it that far in the playoffs.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed