high school player attacks ref ( video )

First, WOW!!  Second, "I thought it was just part of the game".  What the heck?  You cant apologize your way out of that.  Im sorry but I would be embarressed even trying to apologize, and he would too if he had any dignity.  He should have apologized to the ref in forum that was not public, in a private manner.  He dont need to go on TV. He should have contolled his emotions better. 

Guest Two-Dogs...
[quote]“I worked at it harder than anything in my life and [b]having it taken away from me[/b] is a hard feeling,” said Holland describing how he felt after he was kicked off the Desoto County High School basketball team.

During a game, Holland received a technical foul. Then he pushed another player. The referee kicked Holland out of the game.  Holland reacted by “clotheslining” the referee taking the 51 year old man completely to the ground.

“When I saw it I thought wow that’s not me. It’s shocking,” said Holland describing seeing the video of his actions, “I didn’t know at the time on the court. I didn’t feel I knew what I was going to do. It just happened. I couldn’t control it.”

“You realize you could have really hurt this gentleman?” asked chief investigator Melissa Yeager.

“Right, right. Hopefully..I hope he’s ok. I think he just needed ice for his wrist but my intention was not to hurt him,” replied Holland, “I didn’t do it to impress nobody. It just happened…to me it was part of the game.”[/quote]

There is the problem right there. Basketball wasn't "taken away" from him, he threw it down the toilet for himself!

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="934235" timestamp="1292517775"]
[quote author=Scooter! link=topic=77539.msg933681#msg933681 date=1292438346]
where was the coach? i sure didnt see him anywhere on the court
[/quote]The coach is the first guy to grab the player - dude in white shirt with tie.
[/quote]oh, thought that was someone from the stands, so much commotion on the court.

“I worked at it harder than anything in my life and having it taken away from me is a hard feeling,” said Holland describing how he felt after he was kicked off the Desoto County High School basketball team.

During a game, Holland received a technical foul. Then he pushed another player. The referee kicked Holland out of the game.  Holland reacted by “clotheslining” the referee taking the 51 year old man completely to the ground.

“When I saw it I thought wow that’s not me. It’s shocking,” said Holland describing seeing the video of his actions, “I didn’t know at the time on the court. I didn’t feel I knew what I was going to do. It just happened. I couldn’t control it.”

“You realize you could have really hurt this gentleman?” asked chief investigator Melissa Yeager.

“Right, right. Hopefully..I hope he’s ok. I think he just needed ice for his wrist but my intention was not to hurt him,” replied Holland, “I didn’t do it to impress nobody. It just happened…[b]to me it was part of the game[/b].”

I didnt know tackling was part of basketball??? missed that rule. esp a zebra. How embarrassing for the coach and his parents. Didnt know anyone could "take away" something so special to him ;D ;D

[quote name="True Blue" post="934540" timestamp="1292554406"]
I cant beleave the other Ref did not come to help his partner. I would have lite that punk up. That is the prob. no one has ever stood up to this thug. Prob has no ideal who dad even is..
[/quote]If the other ref would have jumped in then the headlines would have read adult ref attacks teen hoops player. then Q.X and know tellin who else would be after him..jmo

I agree with 77 if the other ref jumps in to help this would be a media frenzy and this would have turned the situation into a "poor kid" story. Also that was about the saddest apology I have ever heard. See you at the drive through at Micky Dees young man

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124