Texas APSE Class 3A all-state football team

[quote name="HubTx" post="932975" timestamp="1292348282"]
I'd have to say that to only have Ford on the first two teams from Kirbyville is a joke....
[/quote]
I only saw one of Kirbyvilles games but Ford was not the best player on Kirbyville the game I saw. That would have been the Cucanik (sp) kid. That kid played lights out the whole game.

[quote name="Gametime23" post="933402" timestamp="1292388962"]
All-State is a little overrated. Congrats to those who made it, just confuses me how some kids get on it and are not even the best at the position they play on their own team. Too many deserving kids to mention on a list, I believe a lot of the names are due to committments to play in college ball and [b]some I don't know how it's possible to get honorable mention.[/b] I know I sound like I am bashing the kids but I have no kid in the hunt just watch a lot of area ball and the team I watch got a kid on here and he is the worst one on that side of the ball. Just makes me wonder how they even make these selections.
[/quote]

who are you referring to? who don't you understand in setx that doesn't deserve their honorable mention..message me, if you are not comfortable saying it, but you brought it up, and i'd really really like to know.

[quote name="chs11" post="933387" timestamp="1292387986"]
First of all, ced was not even double teamed by us, secondly, if you knew anything about football, you would know that you can only get so much from stats, PARTICULARLY IN A WEAK DISTRICT(not including huffman of course). I don't why it doesn't make sense to you, that if somebody is really deserving of FIRST team all state, why the voter's should take into account his performance against other d-1 talent(not rb's, linemen). If I was really trying to bash, then I would say ford doesn't deserve it based on his SECOND game against us, but I know he's been big in plenty of games against quality opponents THROUGHOUT THE SEASON, yes, even including the playoffs. It's just this particular one that I don't understand.

Also I don't care is my posts are making you mad, after seeing plenty of just stupid and idiotic posts by MANY huffman fans including you, I don't think there's much respect to be had for huffman fans either.(the ones that are on this site)
[/quote]

if i know anything about football? excuse me sir? don't make accusations like that, it's a little shallow. i know you can only get so much from stats, however, stats were the simplest method i had to go by and the easiest comparision, so it's what i used. the point i was trying to make was that there are good players at other schools besides coldpsrings and i made that point, whether you are willing to accept it or not. and i know you dont care about what you post and had you and other posters like you from coldsprings not been so cruel and bias, my posts wouldn't have been so "iditoic" as you put it.

either way, i'm done trying to prove my point to you. i repsect the players from coldspring, i respect their acheivments and i support them in the playoffs because they clearly deserve it, however i do not support the bashing of other players from fans. period. i think it's messed up to rag on a player just because they don't play for your school...so what? you want us to support coldsprings but you can't support our guys? seems a little hypocritical to me!

Falconfantic is correct in how they vote for all state.  It is up to the coaches to summit the stats each week.  If a school or coach does not summit stats and that happens a lot at smaller division schools players don't really get mentioned a lot.  Not the best system in the world, but the only one they have.

[quote name="rmac" post="934708" timestamp="1292599135"]
Falconfantic is correct in how they vote for all state.  It is up to the coaches to summit the stats each week.  If a school or coach does not summit stats and that happens a lot at smaller division schools players don't really get mentioned a lot.  Not the best system in the world, but the only one they have.
[/quote]

yeah, i mean when you look at the stats, most of these players are very deserving. i mean, there might be a little bit of bias in where the players were placed on the list, but that is just what happens when certain teams are consistently talked about in the press and the press is voting and when players are signed to D-1 schools. however, none of that should take away from the acomplishments of those players.

that said, atleast there was quite a bit more variety in the list when it came to the honorable mentions and i was very impressed (actually quite surprised) with some of the selections ---given the lack of press coverage some schools and players on the list received throughout the season.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder