SOUTHEAST TEXAS COACHES RANKING FOR 2006

SOME OF YOU MAY BE RT A FEW COACHES WHO NAMES YOU FEEL CAN BE IN THE TOP 10 CAN BE THERE BUT IF YOU STUDY THE POLL CARTER COACHES WHAT 2A OR 3A AND MCCARTER 3A. A COACH FRIEND OF MINE ONCE TOLD ME, HEY MAN IN 2A ALL YOU NEED IS 2 GOOD BASKETBALL PLAYERS AND YOU CAN GO TO STATE HE STATED IN 3A YOU NEED 2 TO BE GOOD AND 3 TO GO TO STATE. SO YES THE COACHES YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT DO GOOD BUT WEST ORANGE HAS BALL PLAYERS THAT COACH IS FALLEN SHORT IF HE IS NOT GOING DEEP IN THE PLAYOFF EVERY YEAR. DONT KNOW SUCH ABOUT WARREN PLAYERS.

The ball is the same size in 2-a or 3-a.The years Carter went to state he coached in 1-a,however they were good enough to win the 3-a thru 1-a bracket of the YMBL tournament.The size of the scool has nothing to do with the knowledge of the game.You gotta coach who has 497 wins I dont care if he's in the Saturday morning lil dribblers leauge he has to know the game.I'm glad some of these small school coaches aren't well known,we couldn't afford to keep em.

Guest OFballer

If you could make it in 2 or 3 A with 2 players, I can name about 20 teams that would have made it from this area last year.

It takes a solid "team" to make it to Austin.

Kountze had 4 excellent players - Arp had 6

WOS had 6 hreat players - can't remember all thier names but I know they had 6.

Your wrong on this one.

SOME OF YOU MAY BE RT A FEW COACHES WHO NAMES YOU FEEL CAN BE IN THE TOP 10 CAN BE THERE BUT IF YOU STUDY THE POLL CARTER COACHES WHAT 2A OR 3A AND MCCARTER 3A. A COACH FRIEND OF MINE ONCE TOLD ME' date=' HEY MAN IN 2A ALL YOU NEED IS 2 GOOD BASKETBALL PLAYERS AND YOU CAN GO TO STATE HE STATED IN 3A YOU NEED 2 TO BE GOOD AND 3 TO GO TO STATE. SO YES THE COACHES YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT DO GOOD BUT WEST ORANGE HAS BALL PLAYERS THAT COACH IS FALLEN SHORT IF HE IS NOT GOING DEEP IN THE PLAYOFF EVERY YEAR. DONT KNOW SUCH ABOUT WARREN PLAYERS.[/quote']

I have seen 1A and 2A teams that can handle just about any 3A or 4A teams around.

1A or 5A it's what a coach can do with the talent he has to work with that makes him a good coach. Taking nothing away from any coach, but if you are loaded with talent you will look good. There have been many 1A or 2A coaches that have worked miracles with no talent. We have watched two coaches here at Warren (Hand and Carter) build a team from nothing. Those two belong on anyone's list. And the best is yet to come.

Guest OFballer

How do you pick the top coaches. McCarter is down at the bottom of the list. If I recall, he beat 4 of the top 6 coaches on the list. His teams 9th, soph, and varsity handed Lincoln thier only distict loss in years when Henderson was at the Helm.

I beleive his team defeated HJ twice this year. (Sutherland)

His team beat Travis Williams at Silsbee in the RQFinals.

His team beat Kountze in the Jasper tournament.

I am not saying he is better than those guys, jusy why is he down there with Simon and Rice. :?:

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder