Why In Your Opinion Does HS Football Bring Out So Many Fans?

Guest Indian Chief

You come watch the Broncos on a Friday night at home. Wow!!!!!! The crowd is large. The band and the drill team or prepared. The Football team is pumped. I cannot think of a better place to be on a Friday night than watching HS Football in TEXAS. I sometimes like to go to other games when the Broncos are on a long road trip. It still is exciting to see the atmosphere at HS stadiums wherever I go watch a game. Those student athletes put in a lot of time to play this game. Some people forget that win or lose, those young men have sacrificed a lot to be able to play on Friday nights. Texas HS Football will always be the greatest thrill for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The work that goes into Texas High School football....from the discipline to academics (no pass, no play), from weak and timid to strong and intimidating....from seeing those who can't tie their own shoestrings at the beginning to seeing them perform daring catches or hard-hitting stops on the goal-line.  It's yelling for your kid or your team or your favorite colors (blue and sliver, for me)....the thrill of victory and the competitiveness of a kid that no one thought he had it in him. 

Didn't mention defeat...I'm a sore loser!  LOL

• 1 month later...

Football is just a more interesting sport to more people. Most other sports (with maybe the exception of basketball) tend to be boring by comparison. I am not saying that all of them are boring but compared to football, they are.

I love most sports, have played many sports and like to watch them both live and on tv. None compare to football however in most people's opinion, at least in Texas.

Football is just a more interesting sport to more people. Most other sports (with maybe the exception of basketball) tend to be boring by comparison. I am not saying that all of them are boring but compared to football, they are.

I love most sports, have played many sports and like to watch them but live and on tv. None compare to football however in most people's opinion, at least in Texas.

Completely agree...no two sports are as exciting as football and basketball...soccer has the high energy atmosphere but any sport where a high scoring team might avg. 3 goals a game gets boring quick

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder