Washington player penalized for pointing to heavens after TD

Guest octfeb

[quote name="Mark F Barnes" post="924138" timestamp="1291303226"]
[IMG]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l222/mfbarnes62/Montgomery%20Football/11-27-2010%20playoff%20Dawson/photo1290956158297.jpg[/img]

Here's to you Washington, care of Leroy Dobbins.....
[/quote]

The most awesome display of celebration possible!!!  It would be great to see more celebrate (give thanks) this way!!!

[quote name="westend1" post="924838" timestamp="1291386352"]
Maybe, one day, these kids will learn to return the ball to the ref after a score and quit trying to draw attention to themselves.
[/quote]

Are you serious right now? The kid was giving thanks to the Lord and possible short prayer, reguardless of how long he holds onto the ball. That is downright rediculous for penalizing a player who celebrates a TD by thanking the Lord and pointing to the heavens because he held the ball too long?

Something isnt right here...

[quote name="All Day" post="924913" timestamp="1291390628"]
[quote author=westend1 link=topic=76929.msg924838#msg924838 date=1291386352]
Maybe, one day, these kids will learn to return the ball to the ref after a score and quit trying to draw attention to themselves.
[/quote]

Are you serious right now? The kid was giving thanks to the Lord and possible short prayer, reguardless of how long he holds onto the ball. That is downright rediculous for penalizing a player who celebrates a TD by thanking the Lord and pointing to the heavens because he held the ball too long?

[/quote]

So how long is a player allowed to pray in the end zone? I know some preachers that give 15 minute "short" prayers. Maybe if he gave the ball to the ref, then went to the sidelines and knelt and prayed, I doubt if he would have gotten a penalty. He could have prayed until it was time to go back on the field. There are many ways to give thanks to the Lord without making a spectacle of it.

[quote name="westend1" post="924838" timestamp="1291386352"]
[/quote]
[quote author=Cougtalk link=topic=76929.msg924581#msg924581 date=1291337010]
To be fair according to the official he wasn't flagged for the jester but for keeping the ball, rules are rules.
[/quote]

Did any of you actually watch the video?  From the time he knelt down to the time he started to toss the ball to the ref it took all of 2.38 seconds, I timed it with a stop watch.  How many games have you been to where the player sprinted to the ref to give him the ball, because thats what he would have had to do to get it to the ref any faster?  If he had stayed down there for a minute then i would understand.  I mean really, it was 2.38 seconds, come on.

[quote name="Englebert" post="924946" timestamp="1291393694"]
[quote author=All Day link=topic=76929.msg924913#msg924913 date=1291390628]
[/quote]

[/quote]

So how long is a player allowed to pray in the end zone? I know some preachers that give 15 minute "short" prayers. Maybe if he gave the ball to the ref, then went to the sidelines and knelt and prayed, I doubt if he would have gotten a penalty. He could have prayed until it was time to go back on the field. There are many ways to give thanks to the Lord without making a spectacle of it.
[/quote]

Maybe if some of the kids kneeled for 2.38 seconds of their life, they would find the endzone more often and their team would get more wins...Englebert.

[quote name="Big Ford" post="925038" timestamp="1291404082"]
[quote author=Englebert link=topic=76929.msg924946#msg924946 date=1291393694]
[quote author=All Day link=topic=76929.msg924913#msg924913 date=1291390628]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Maybe if some of the kids kneeled for 2.38 seconds of their life, they would find the endzone more often and their team would get more wins...Englebert.

[/quote]

What if the kids playing defense prayed for 2.4 seconds and the kids on offense only prayed for 2.38 seconds. Would the defense keep them out of the end zone...Big Ford!

Probably seen 60-70 Texas high school football games in the last two years, and have noticed a growing number of players beginning and ending the games together in prayer.  Kinda makes us old men of God proud... and a little tearyeyed.  Even visited a stadium earlier this year that is still beginning games with prayer over the loudspeakers.

Might still be a chance for this world!

[quote name="highcountry" post="925109" timestamp="1291411238"]
Probably seen 60-70 Texas high school football games in the last two years, and have noticed a growing number of players beginning and ending the games together in prayer.  Kinda makes us old men of God proud... and a little tearyeyed.  Even visited a stadium earlier this year that is still beginning games with prayer over the loudspeakers.

[/quote]

Kirbyville still does it...And if people don't like it,The same road that brought them there,Can take them home again... ;)

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="Kville_Kats" post="925117" timestamp="1291411877"]
[quote author=highcountry link=topic=76929.msg925109#msg925109 date=1291411238]

[/quote]

Kirbyville still does it...And if people don't like it,The same road that brought them there,Can take them home again... ;)
[/quote]

Silsbee RETURNED this year to having pre-game prayer over the public address system.  I'm proud of them and any other school that is choosing to do this.  Amen

[quote name="tigersvoice" post="925152" timestamp="1291414434"]
[quote author=Kville_Kats link=topic=76929.msg925117#msg925117 date=1291411877]
[quote author=highcountry link=topic=76929.msg925109#msg925109 date=1291411238]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Silsbee RETURNED this year to having pre-game prayer over the public address system.  I'm proud of them and any other school that is choosing to do this.  Amen
[/quote]

Way to go Silsbee...!!!! ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder