Question for the long time Bronco fans

broncos92

[quote name="Tyrone_Biggums" post="919945" timestamp="1290869990"]
[quote author=fwstangs link=topic=76671.msg919901#msg919901 date=1290864593]
[quote author=Hawkeye link=topic=76671.msg919079#msg919079 date=1290764345]
[b]Pat Barret??[/b] Man that dude couldn't have been any good. He's asleep 20 ft. away from me in the control room chair!  :D :D I don't dare wake him up and show him cause he might get the big head!! :D :D

Don't know if they would have won state, but if Big Stu was there you can be rest assured, they would have played to their full potential.
[/quote]

You guys need to watch the control board and stop posting on here while running a plant. Process safety is critical to our neighbors and community. Need to ensure the kids and families are safe. Post on these forums at home please!!
[/quote]

Does typing the words "shut your" and "stinking friendswood mouth" get this post erased? 

Dayton has had some good atletes, but this coaching staff helps them maximize their potential.  Thereis really no way to compare the talent each year because they played against different competition.  It was good to see milkshake's name though...does he still work for the city?
[/quote]

Sorry for the diversion, but Safety and community are very important to me! But use a little more Class Tyrone, who do you root for again??. From what I have heard, the group that just came thru hear is the best, I also watched the group form the early 80's and while good, they were not dominant as often.

[quote name="fwstangs" post="919967" timestamp="1290872634"]
[quote author=Tyrone_Biggums link=topic=76671.msg919945#msg919945 date=1290869990]
[b]Pat Barret??[/b] Man that dude couldn't have been any good. He's asleep 20 ft. away from me in the control room chair!  :D :D I don't dare wake him up and show him cause he might get the big head!! :D :D

Don't know if they would have won state, but if Big Stu was there you can be rest assured, they would have played to their full potential.
[/quote]

You guys need to watch the control board and stop posting on here while running a plant. Process safety is critical to our neighbors and community. Need to ensure the kids and families are safe. Post on these forums at home please!!
[/quote]

Does typing the words "shut your" and "stinking friendswood mouth" get this post erased? 

Dayton has had some good atletes, but this coaching staff helps them maximize their potential.  Thereis really no way to compare the talent each year because they played against different competition.  It was good to see milkshake's name though...does he still work for the city?
[/quote]

Sorry for the diversion, but Safety and community are very important to me! But use a little more Class Tyrone, who do you root for again??. From what I have heard, the group that just came thru hear is the best, I also watched the group form the early 80's and while good, they were not dominant as often.
[/quote]
Did you use the word "class" and Tyrone in the same post :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="919912" timestamp="1290865989"]
[quote author=fwstangs link=topic=76671.msg919908#msg919908 date=1290865482]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=76671.msg919904#msg919904 date=1290865058]
Oh believe me it's a fail safe system w/multiple alarms.Not to worry you're not gonna run out of gas for the car :D
[/quote]

Plenty of incidents where there were not alarms. to quote one of the operators who works for me, I did not think we could have an incident with the compressor, we did not get any alarms. 200,000 pounds of propane later! I am not worried about gasoline, my plant will make it also!! Be safe please, your family is counting on you!!
[/quote]
Your a safety guy huh. ;D ;D Operators work for you? If there were no alarms, they wouldn't have known about it no matter what they were doing. Believe me, after 25 years I've learned that there are two levers in a plant. Lever A and Lever B. The community is much better off if we leave her be!!  ;D ;D

I will reply to you with a PM , but after 35 years in this industry, I am a guy  who has a passion for safety - alarms are not enough and if you worked for me you would know that!!

Would love to see some of the great Dayton teams of the past play the great LM teams of the past!!

[/quote]

[quote name="mlejeune" post="919870" timestamp="1290860352"]

If I'm looking at it correctly, it looks like Dayton didn't make it to the playoffs until 98 since the 80s.  I think 98 is the year that the ship started turning for Dayton's football team.  When did Stewart start at Dayton?
[/quote]

Check yourself...Big Stwe's first year was '96...as well as the start of the dynasty andnplayoff run...'96-'10

[quote name="fwstangs" post="919901" timestamp="1290864593"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
You are worried about the guy posting?? What about the guy sleeping? Dude please, everyone knows that plant operators spend all shift on the internet or playing cards. My brother in law is a fantasy football genious and a craigs list addict thanks to his overpaid operator job. On the other hand I cant say much because I am an air traffic controller and we play poker all night long..

[quote name="Backflipper" post="919992" timestamp="1290874294"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
You are worried about the guy posting?? What about the guy sleeping? Dude please, everyone knows that plant operators spend all shift on the internet or playing cards. My brother in law is a fantasy football genious and a craigs list addict thanks to his overpaid operator job. On the other hand I cant say much because I am an air traffic controller and we play poker all night long..
[/quote]
Thats the AMERICAN way ;D

[quote name="mikehoncho" post="919986" timestamp="1290873653"]
[quote author=mlejeune link=topic=76671.msg919870#msg919870 date=1290860352]

If I'm looking at it correctly, it looks like Dayton didn't make it to the playoffs until 98 since the 80s.  I think 98 is the year that the ship started turning for Dayton's football team.  When did Stewart start at Dayton?
[/quote]

Check yourself...Big Stwe's first year was '96...as well as the start of the dynasty andnplayoff run...'96-'10
[/quote]

I checked myself several posts before you posted this.  Thanks though!

[quote name="Backflipper" post="919992" timestamp="1290874294"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Worried about both of them, but could not talk to the guy sleeping thru this forum obviously. The operators who work for me do not sleep, got rid of a few and fixed that problem. We changed our culture years ago. Nice try on the poker all night long line.

[quote name="mlejeune" post="920053" timestamp="1290879017"]
[quote author=mikehoncho link=topic=76671.msg919986#msg919986 date=1290873653]
[quote author=mlejeune link=topic=76671.msg919870#msg919870 date=1290860352]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I checked myself several posts before you posted this.  Thanks though!
[/quote]

wasn't clear...'96-'10

I wish I could have played under Coach Stewart, he brought an attitude of winning Dayton had been lacking. As for Coach Hughes, he was soft, a direct opposite of the coach he replaced. From seventh grade we ran, sweated and puked all over everything behind Wilson Jr. High during two a days and was pushed to the points of exhaustion but we would walk through hell for Coach Moore/Coach Crow. I feel that if we would have had the leadership and tenacity that Coach Stewart instills in his players today along with the conditioning and strength Coach Moore demanded, then the 80's could have started the era of winning we enjoy today. I am very thankful that Coach Stewart found our little town to settle in and hope he never leaves. He has built a dynasty, Also I would also love to see the Broncos play against those whom live on the wrong side of the Trinity (Liberty Panthers) once again and renew a rivalry that our kids today have no idea of how fun it was to whip the Panthers. To this day I still will not own anything black and yellow. Go Broncos, great year, we only have 266 days until our first scrimmage.  ;)

[quote name="john3624" post="921124" timestamp="1290923815"]
I wish I could have played under Coach Stewart, he brought an attitude of winning Dayton had been lacking. As for Coach Hughes, he was soft, a direct opposite of the coach he replaced. From seventh grade we ran, sweated and puked all over everything behind Wilson Jr. High during two a days and was pushed to the points of exhaustion but we would walk through heck for Coach Moore/Coach Crow. I feel that if we would have had the leadership and tenacity that Coach Stewart instills in his players today along with the conditioning and strength Coach Moore demanded, then the 80's could have started the era of winning we enjoy today. I am very thankful that Coach Stewart found our little town to settle in and hope he never leaves. He has built a dynasty, [b]Also I would also love to see the Broncos play against those whom live on the wrong side of the Trinity (Liberty Panthers) once again and renew a rivalry that our kids today have no idea of how fun it was to whip the Panthers. To this day I still will not own anything black and yellow.[/b] Go Broncos, great year, we only have 266 days until our first scrimmage.  ;)
[/quote]

Renew it!  Would've said the same thing but college colors were black and gold.

[quote name="liltex" post="919084" timestamp="1290769262"]
If my memory is correct those backs on that team between 4 of them had over 1,200 rushing yds apiece.I've always thought that group had the most talent in yrs.@ Dayton as I coached them when they were much younger and they were nearly unbeatable as young kids.Drag some smoked sausage in front of Pat's nose and when he wakes tell him Unk Bobby said hello ;) ;D ;D
[/quote]

Now Liltex, I am gonna take ya fishing, but relative or not, you can't be dragging sausage under a man's nose.  That's a fishing trip you might see happening in Orange.  ;D ;D 

#1 = bobby little. 2=travis ortego.4=keithon edwards.5=brandon payne.6=russell revere.7=juan  carranco.8=dakarai pearson.9=brandon robinson.10=gumaro martinez.15=sherman thompson.21=tim odermann.22=mark mabry.24=jeremie robbins.25=seth gregory.30=logan haugenater.31=randie ressler.33=rocky beard.34=will bowers.35=d.j. dever.41=corey roberts.42=mike navarre.43=ed semien.44=lamont jones.45=seth lyons.50=bruce woods.52=john anderson.53=brent brown.55=patrick dobbs.58=j.p. landriault.60=will cooper.61=jeff lyons.64=chris bell.65=jesse woods.66=tommy george.67=dwayne lee.73=brad ernst.76=brett brown.77=steve williams.78=chris louvier.89=jonathan schumann.............jerry stewart,butch lawney,jowell hancock,jeff nations,quinn wood,daryl bell,tom deberry,charlie smith,allen painter,geoff mccrackin,mike morgan,ron wilson,tony brown,daniel boedecker,rusty ressler,tim chavanne,william corcoran,trey gammon...this team was #9 in state, #1 in off, 441.9 yards. #4 in def 158.1, total yards 4419.0..............

I loved that 98 game against PNG, I think Ivory Durio would have thrived under a stewart coached team, Larry Sherman was probably the worst coach in the history of bad coaches, but his wife was some kind of HOT, so props there, hehehe
Wasn't that the coaches name before Stewart, Larry Sherman?

HAVE TO DISAGREE WITH YOU BOUT THE JUMBO PACKAGE,THATWAS OUR OFFENSE,RUN THE BALL DOWN YOUR THROATH,AND KICK THE HELL OUT OF YOU ON DEFENSE.I TELL YOU WHAT ,ASK RANDY RIPKOSKI,BRAD NEAL,CHRIS YOUNG,JOE BOY ROBINSON,ANYBODY ELSE THAT PLAYED FOR DAYTONTHE YEAR WHEN WE WERE SOPHOMORES HOW WE USED TO PUT THE BALL ON THE 5 YARD LINE AND GIVE THEM 4 PLAYS TO SCORE AND THEY COULDN'T DO IT .THEY WOULD GIVE US THE BALL THE SAME WAY AND WE WOULD SCORE 4 TIMES LEAVING THEM GUYS AFTER PRACTICE TO RUN EXTRS 40'S.THESE GUYS WERE HUGE AND WE KICKED THEIR BUTTS EVERYDAY

[quote name="Matt" post="924702" timestamp="1291348174"]
I loved that 98 game against PNG, I think Ivory Durio would have thrived under a stewart coached team, Larry Sherman was probably the worst coach in the history of bad coaches, but his wife was some kind of HOT, so props there, hehehe
Wasn't that the coaches name before Stewart, Larry Sherman?
[/quote]

technically:

Sherman
Van Zandt
Fain (interim)
Stewart

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder