PN-G vs. Willis Game Thread/PN-G Wins/Comments

WOSgrad

southpaugh....You have a very talented team. They brought it big time and will be a handful next year. I won't get into name calling. Your team did come out after ours and did taunt our sideline and fans before the game. I think your coaches had them so jacked up for us and had them in a frenzy against anything PNG and I think that spilled over into some of the unsportsmanlike stuff. No big deal, just kids selling out physically and emotionally and that's what you want from your kids, they just have to keep it under control. I agree there was some "chipiness" on both sides, but hey, play to the echo of the whistle, I am cool with that. As far as our band playing during your school song AFTER the game, we ALWAYS play Cherokee after the game....Why should we defer to you? We could complain that you played your school song while we were playing Cherokee....No disrespect meant by either side, let it go. Talking to some kids that were on the field, Nelson did catch that ball, had his arm under the ball the whole way. Looking at you roster, ya'll have a lot of kids coming back and should be a force to be reckoned with next year. Congratulations on a successful season and good luck next year.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="HUM398" post="915435" timestamp="1290352110"]
Im am very surprised Willis scored 47 points.   

I just want to say.....i don't think the better team won tonight, the better coached team did.  ::)
[/quote]
Last I checked coaches ARE part of the team. Ridiculous statement. Flat out talent-wise, the better ATHLETES were on the Willis side. PNG had the better FOOTBALL PLAYERS.

[quote name="ndnsrock44" post="915448" timestamp="1290352602"]
[quote author=HUM398 link=topic=76421.msg915435#msg915435 date=1290352110]

I just want to say.....i don't think the better team won tonight, the better coached team did.  ::)
[/quote]
Last I checked coaches ARE part of the team. Ridiculous statement. Flat out talent-wise, the better ATHLETES were on the Willis side. PNG had the better FOOTBALL PLAYERS.
[/quote]

:Face-Palm:

[quote name="ndnsrock44" post="915448" timestamp="1290352602"]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Here is the reference point my dear friend.

[font=Verdana][font=Verdana]BadNDN comment after Humble beat Central[/font][/font]
[b]"Better team did not win tonight, the better coached team won.
Sad for the kids. Mitchell could have had 300 through the air and 100 on the ground had the staff adjusted. Should have had Mitchell rolling out to give him some options. On the defensive side Central should have went to a 4 man front and stuffed the run. Make Humble throw the ball, they were not very good through the air. QB was inacurate and lofted some throws. #33 was all they had. Make the QB throw more and Central picks a few off!!!

Can't believe that Humble team beat Willis by 31. Wonder what we will see tomorrow night?"[/b]

I'm going to throw this out there and y'all can take it from here.

1. What a great high school football game this was. It’s too bad both teams can't advance. Hats off to the Willis players, coaching staff, band, and fans. You guys certainly made some noise.
2. Wow. 97 points in a high school play-off football game. Bet the basketball teams would like to borrow some of those points. LOL
3. About the catch by #4 late in the game. The refs made the call based on what the human eye saw. Yes, I am a PN-G fan but once a call is made in HS football there is no instant replay to overturn it. Coulda went either way. By the way, great game Nelson !!
4. And last. I would like to say that we scored 50 points on what I would say was one of Doty’s sub par nights. Hopefully we are clicking on all cylinders next week.

Let’s go Indians. One round at a time.

[quote name="SouthPaugh" post="915401" timestamp="1290346859"]
[quote author=badndn link=topic=76421.msg915372#msg915372 date=1290330143]
Maybe you didn't see it from your side of the stadium, but your players did way more than huddle at midfield. If that's all they had done, I wouldn't have mentioned it as I have no problem with that, but I'm here to tell you SouthPaugh, they were pointing fingers at our side and and taunting our players on our side. It wasn't just one or two either, it was about one third of the team.
And our players went through our run through before Willis did and were already on our sideline when this all occured. The officials had to go out to midfield and stop them. Thats why the officials stood at midfield during the entrances in the second half.

Argue all you want on this one SouthPaugh, just calling it like I saw it. I think youll find in the morning when they wake up, that I wasn't the only PNG Fan that felt like Willis showed very little class!

I have not seen a team act like that in a long time.

But hey like I said once you begin to dissrespect your opponent...you get what you deserve...YOU GET BEAT!

Other than all that it was a heck of a game!
[/quote]

As I recall Willis came out first in the first half. If our kids did that, Coach Jackson will punish them. I have seen plenty of disrespectful teams win. That has nothing to do with winning and losing. It has to do with handling a situation. If they did it, it was in poor taste- much like they way you are generalizing and much like the way PNG band played while we played the school song at the end. Like I said, PNG was no model for sportsmanship last night.
[/quote]

We always play Cherokee at the end of the game....maybe it was disrespect for you to play your school song during Cherokee.  Besides, I'd like to thank your fanbase for standing for our school song at the begining of the game, like most schools do.  No problem, we stood for yours....without being told to.  That personifies the class Willis has as a whole, and spilt over to your teams poor taste.  Seems to me that you bunch of rookies to the playoffs do not know how to handle a little success.  And yes, two rounds is a little.

wow hum398 you have posted that twice about your thoughts, well my friend  i watched your 3 d-1 recruits and i wasnt impressed they didnt get any pressure on the smaller central offense at all. I will say this the better team lossed in your game and it was the  better coaching won in YOUR game. Centrals sophmore  qb  did a  great job against a very big humble defense. If the coaches would have  spread the defense out  and continued the qb draw they would not have lost, unfortuneatly one of the three penalties the refs happened to throw was the one that brought back the winnin td for central and give yall the game. you will not get passed the next round, your offense didnt really show me  nothing but you might have had a off week for all  i know, but it will all end next week. Good luck though and go post on someone elses threads yours arent needed here. Our team played hard and so did willis, everyone knew it was gonna be a shootout and it was, as far as i am concerned the better team did advance and the team who did all the taunting got what is deserved and that was a loss. The willis band did a awesome job all night and it was a great experience  to watch, i have no voice due to the fact that i was leading the defense chants on the one key drive where we did make the winning stop! Our defense is beat up and we will need some great COACHING this next round, MANVEL is the real deal and we must prepare, win or lose  next week i am proud to watch my ndns week in week out. It has been a heck of a rollercoaster ride .

[quote name="Layingemdown" post="915525" timestamp="1290358268"]
[quote author=SouthPaugh link=topic=76421.msg915401#msg915401 date=1290346859]
[quote author=badndn link=topic=76421.msg915372#msg915372 date=1290330143]
Maybe you didn't see it from your side of the stadium, but your players did way more than huddle at midfield. If that's all they had done, I wouldn't have mentioned it as I have no problem with that, but I'm here to tell you SouthPaugh, they were pointing fingers at our side and and taunting our players on our side. It wasn't just one or two either, it was about one third of the team.
And our players went through our run through before Willis did and were already on our sideline when this all occured. The officials had to go out to midfield and stop them. Thats why the officials stood at midfield during the entrances in the second half.

Argue all you want on this one SouthPaugh, just calling it like I saw it. I think youll find in the morning when they wake up, that I wasn't the only PNG Fan that felt like Willis showed very little class!

I have not seen a team act like that in a long time.

But hey like I said once you begin to dissrespect your opponent...you get what you deserve...YOU GET BEAT!

Other than all that it was a heck of a game!
[/quote]

As I recall Willis came out first in the first half. If our kids did that, Coach Jackson will punish them. I have seen plenty of disrespectful teams win. That has nothing to do with winning and losing. It has to do with handling a situation. If they did it, it was in poor taste- much like they way you are generalizing and much like the way PNG band played while we played the school song at the end. Like I said, PNG was no model for sportsmanship last night.
[/quote]

We always play Cherokee at the end of the game....maybe it was disrespect for you to play your school song during Cherokee.  Besides, I'd like to thank your fanbase for standing for our school song at the begining of the game, like most schools do.  No problem, we stood for yours....without being told to.  That personifies the class Willis has as a whole, and spilt over to your teams poor taste.  Seems to me that you bunch of rookies to the playoffs do not know how to handle a little success.  And yes, two rounds is a little.
[/quote]

if you will go back and read, I wasn't the one complaining about sportsmanship from the beginning. PNG fans were. Neither team was a model last night. And I agree we should have all stood for the PNG school song - I did. But most Willis fans are new to this as I previously admitted. No biggie.

As for the assinine comment that Willia has better athletes and PNG has better football players, that is ridiculous. You beat us by 3 points. You have 42 seniors and we have 14 (only 5 senior starters). You have won consistently throughout your history. Willis is building. When Jackson was hired, they were coming off of 1-29. So save me the y'all were better coached or are better football players crap. Last night, you were the better football TEAM. You had size and we had speed. Neither defense could handle the opposing offenses strength.

I hate to see all this nit-picking about dirty play. We've seen dirtier play in our own district this year. I believe the difference was that the refs let the boys play ball last night. They didn't throw flags unless it was flagrant. One of the better called games we played this year. Willis has a talented and well coached team. These boys were a lot smaller than the Barbers Hill team we faced last week. They didnt hit as hard, but they brought it every play. The Indians played hard and got the win. Lets move on.

[quote name="biaplayer" post="915541" timestamp="1290359382"]
wow hum398 you have posted that twice about your thoughts, well my friend  i watched your 3 d-1 recruits and i wasnt impressed they didnt get any pressure on the smaller central offense at all. I will say this the better team lossed in your game and it was the  better coaching won in YOUR game. Centrals sophmore  qb  did a  great job against a very big humble defense. If the coaches would have  spread the defense out  and continued the qb draw they would not have lost, unfortuneatly one of the three penalties the refs happened to throw was the one that brought back the winnin td for central and give yall the game. you will not get passed the next round, your offense didnt really show me  nothing but you might have had a off week for all  i know, but it will all end next week. Good luck though and go post on someone elses threads yours arent needed here. Our team played hard and so did willis, everyone knew it was gonna be a shootout and it was, as far as i am concerned the better team did advance and the team who did all the taunting got what is deserved and that was a loss. The willis band did a awesome job all night and it was a great experience  to watch, i have no voice due to the fact that i was leading the defense chants on the one key drive where we did make the winning stop! Our defense is beat up and we will need some great COACHING this next round, MANVEL is the real deal and we must prepare, win or lose  next week i am proud to watch my ndns week in week out. It has been a heck of a rollercoaster ride .
[/quote]

::)

Hey, all i know is that i am dumbfounded on how PNG held Central to 14pts....and allowed Willis to score 47.  Im trying to approach this with the same logic that was brought forth in the Humble-Central thread...

I really do wish PNG the best of luck, i believe yall have a good squad.  I am not sure what happened defensively.  As i have watched that Willis team 4-5 times, and they shouldn't of given you that much of a problem if the Central game was any indication on how good yalls Defense was.

Best of luck Indians.

[quote name="HUM398" post="915614" timestamp="1290364704"]
[quote author=biaplayer link=topic=76421.msg915541#msg915541 date=1290359382]
[/quote]

Hey, all i know is that i am dumbfounded on how PNG held Central to 14pts....and allowed Willis to score 47.   Im trying to approach this with the same logic that was brought forth in the Humble-Central thread...

I really do wish PNG the best of luck, i believe yall have a good squad.  I am not sure what happened defensively.  As i have watched that Willis team 4-5 times, and they shouldn't of given you that much of a problem if the Central game was any indication on how good yalls Defense was.

Best of luck Indians.
[/quote]

Hum398,  For the Central game,  the PNG D played it's best game of the season.  We hoped that they would keep it up[, but they haven't.  Last night they played about 2/3 as good as they did against  Central.  I just hope they can kick it up a couple more notches for next week.

[quote name="PNG Proud" post="915631" timestamp="1290366052"]
[quote author=HUM398 link=topic=76421.msg915614#msg915614 date=1290364704]
[/quote]

Hey, all i know is that i am dumbfounded on how PNG held Central to 14pts....and allowed Willis to score 47.   Im trying to approach this with the same logic that was brought forth in the Humble-Central thread...

Best of luck Indians.
[/quote]

Hum398,   For the Central game,  the PNG D played it's best game of the season.  We hoped that they would keep it up[, but they haven't.  Last night they played about 2/3 as good as they did against  Central.  I just hope they can kick it up a couple more notches for next week.
[/quote]

They will need to.  It won't be possible to beat Manvel if that Defense doesn't show up.  Manvel is very talented team, very athletic.  If Willis gave you problems matching up, Manvel will be very similar.

Good luck to yall.

southpaw...i guess you didn't read any of my post where i was complimentary of Willis. ??? The only thing I said about coaching was in response to HUM398 saying that your coaches got outcoached. I don't give a crap who had how many seniors, Willis definitely had better all around athletes. Our kids made the plays they had to make when they had to make them to win the game. MY OPINION is that our kids are just flat out FOOTBALL PLAYERS. Take the compliments I gave you in my first post and try to leave here graciously, unlike your last few posts. Go whine on your message board about you wanting our band to respect your band playing your school song AFTER the game, when your fans didn't stand for ours BEFORE the game.......OH, that's right, you don't have a message board!

[quote name="rollinac" post="916178" timestamp="1290395171"]
Thanks....not the place I normally go but works.  What's up with PNGindians.com? 
[/quote]

we've been having some glitches.  I've had to type in "www.PNGIndans.com" in order to get there.  My link on my favorites doesn't seem to be working at the moment.

[quote name="HUM398" post="915614" timestamp="1290364704"]
[/quote]

Best of luck Indians.
[/quote]

I would have to say that the Central team that played PNG did not play very inspired.  Central had the district won and knew where they were headed in the playoff's.  I don't think they put forth their best effort.  Central lost to Humble simply for their poor coaching decisions.  It definatly looked as if they were avoiding Humbles defensive strenghts. 

There is no secret how to put up points on PNG.  Their secondary is weak, weak, weak.  They play bend but don't break on the corners and their safties play run first and do not react to the ball in the air at all.  Willis missed a few good oppertunities to burn that Indian defense.  That offense is something special tho.  They truley beleive they can run the ball on everyone and seeing their 2 standout wide receivers sometimes leaves me in awe.  Jayce Nelson is the real deal and I enjoyed watching him call for the ball the entire second half.  The Alvin team better not take PNG lightly or they will be lacing up the high tops as well.

[quote name="HUM398" post="915435" timestamp="1290352110"]

[/quote]

Let's see. Which team made the critical stop in the 4th Quarter with the game on the line? Which team made big plays on special teams like the blocked punt? Which team created turnovers? Which team ran their offense to dang near perfection? Which team won? PN-G.

I am not taking anything away from Willis but to say the better team did not win is ignorant.

[quote name="akifan94" post="916456" timestamp="1290443210"]

[/quote]

Let's see. Which team made the critical stop in the 4th Quarter with the game on the line? Which team made big plays on special teams like the blocked punt? Which team created turnovers? Which team ran their offense to dang near perfection? Which team won? PN-G.

I am not taking anything away from Willis but to say the better team did not win is ignorant.
[/quote]

i would also say the coach is part of the team.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83