PN-G vs. Willis Game Thread/PN-G Wins/Comments

WOSgrad

[quote name="dayton" post="916457" timestamp="1290443364"]
[quote author=akifan94 link=topic=76421.msg916456#msg916456 date=1290443210]
[quote author=HUM398 link=topic=76421.msg915435#msg915435 date=1290352110]
Im am very surprised Willis scored 47 points.   

I just want to say.....i don't think the better team won tonight, the better coached team did.  ::)
[/quote]

Let's see. Which team made the critical stop in the 4th Quarter with the game on the line? Which team made big plays on special teams like the blocked punt? Which team created turnovers? Which team ran their offense to dang near perfection? Which team won? PN-G.

I am not taking anything away from Willis but to say the better team did not win is ignorant.
[/quote]

i would also say the coach is part of the team.
[/quote]

No doubt about it. But to say Willis was not outplayed is simply not the truth.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="akifan94" post="916460" timestamp="1290443478"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=76421.msg916457#msg916457 date=1290443364]
[quote author=akifan94 link=topic=76421.msg916456#msg916456 date=1290443210]

I just want to say.....i don't think the better team won tonight, the better coached team did.  ::)
[/quote]

Let's see. Which team made the critical stop in the 4th Quarter with the game on the line? Which team made big plays on special teams like the blocked punt? Which team created turnovers? Which team ran their offense to dang near perfection? Which team won? PN-G.

I am not taking anything away from Willis but to say the better team did not win is ignorant.
[/quote]

i would also say the coach is part of the team.
[/quote]

No doubt about it. But to say Willis was not outplayed is simply not the truth.
[/quote]

PNG flat out, outplayed Willis.  Willis held the lead for most of the first half on 2 fluke plays:  the batted ball that fell right into a receivers hands for a long TD, and the forward latter that led to a score.  Without these 2 plays, PNG wins handily.  PNG had to execute every play to perfection and they did.  The offense looked like a machine.  PNG's game starts with the Offensive line and those guys were flawless. 

What some people fail to realize is that coaching creates better athletes and this is what PNG has done the past 2 years.  We might not have the fastest players at the skilled positions, but the execution was flawless Saturday night from the skilled positions.  And with Bertrand running behind the O-line, nothing but a thing of beauty.

[quote name="akifan94" post="916456" timestamp="1290443210"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

dude....im not being serious.  This was a comment that was made about Humble this past friday.  i was merely interjecting as was done to our thread.

[quote name="HUM398" post="916576" timestamp="1290451541"]
dude....im not being serious.   This was a comment that was made about Humble this past friday.  i was merely interjecting as was done to our thread.
[/quote]
I made the comment that the best team did not win Friday Night...Let me clarify, line these two teams up again and again and again (Central and Humble) and give Central Humbles coaches and Central wins again and again and again. Centrals coaching staff did not take advantage of Humbles weaknesses.

As for Saturday night, both coaches took advantage of the others weaknesses and the better team won. There was no real "aha, that was a poor coaching decision" moment.

Also to the PNG fan that complained about what you called an illegal forward lateral for the TD by Willis, this was not an illegal forward lateral, just dumb luck and it happened to occur two plays after the dumb luck catch after a batted pass. The play was legal. By rule a fumble can be advanced by a player other than the one who fumbled on 1st through 3rd downs. Only on 4th down is it illegal for obvious reasons (not wanting people to fumble on purpose if they wont make the line to gain). The fact that the fumbled ball never hit the ground doesn't constitute it being a lateral since he was not throwing the ball, it was stripped. Just unlucky on our part!

[quote name="badndn" post="916729" timestamp="1290463239"]
[quote author=HUM398 link=topic=76421.msg916576#msg916576 date=1290451541]
dude....im not being serious.   This was a comment that was made about Humble this past friday.  i was merely interjecting as was done to our thread.
[/quote]
I made the comment that the best team did not win Friday Night...Let me clarify, line these two teams up again and again and again (Central and Humble) and give Central Humbles coaches and Central wins again and again and again. Centrals coaching staff did not take advantage of Humbles weaknesses.

As for Saturday night, both coaches took advantage of the others weaknesses and the better team won. There was no real "aha, that was a poor coaching decision" moment.

Also to the PNG fan that complained about what you called an illegal forward lateral for the TD by Willis, this was not an illegal forward lateral, just dumb luck and it happened to occur two plays after the dumb luck catch after a batted pass. The play was legal. By rule a fumble can be advanced by a player other than the one who fumbled on 1st through 3rd downs. Only on 4th down is it illegal for obvious reasons (not wanting people to fumble on purpose if they wont make the line to gain). The fact that the fumbled ball never hit the ground doesn't constitute it being a lateral since he was not throwing the ball, it was stripped. Just unlucky on our part!
[/quote]

See thats where this argument gets stupid.  You watch one game, and are ready to makes that sort of assessment?  really?

Guest tappedout
Hopefully we have a better defensive gameplan for Manvel because it was not a very good gameplan against Willis. We never pressured the qb and gave him all night to throw. I don't care how good your db's are, they can't cover for that long. We never tried to force the qb into making mistakes. We have one of the better lb's in the area and we didn't utilize. For the most part he was on the opposite side of the field that the play was on. We were using DJ like a spy instead of like the bone-crushing player that he has been all season. If we play scared and don't pressure Manvel then we will have problem's. Faircloth is a genious on the offensive side of the ball but someone has to get this defense under control. The player's are there but I believe the scheme does not fit the personel.

[quote name="NewIndian" post="917132" timestamp="1290498405"]
You are right there, i hope Kroeker unleashes DJ and let him do what he does best, kill QBs we gotta force those QBs to make mistakes, we know they will not get to Doty, the OL prides themselves on that.
[/quote]

Unless they have Doty running the ball again...really did not like to see that...He needs to stay safe and sound behind the O line. Looked like he was  hurting a little...holding his middle.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder