STJFL junior champions VS. LONESTAR junior champions

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a part of the coaching staff of the H-j team, I've seen wos play....hands down, last year was last year and this year is this year! I will honestly say this, I don't know who would win but as far as you icewater, evidently you haven't seen H-j play or you know it would be a dogfight to the end.....ill give #4 his credit as credit is due but we have more than 1 that's just as fast! PM me and we'll set it up but you got to promise me one thing, no crying after the game!

[quote name="diamond dawg" post="914897" timestamp="1290303978"]
As a part of the coaching staff of the H-j team, I've seen wos play....hands down, last year was last year and this year is this year! I will honestly say this, I don't know who would win but as far as you icewater, evidently you haven't seen H-j play or you know it would be a dogfight to the end.....ill give #4 his credit as credit is due but we have more than 1 that's just as fast! PM me and we'll set it up but you got to promise me one thing, no crying after the game!
[/quote]
You obviously have no idea what I am all about and I promise you that crying is not an option. However complete humiliation is, and that is what you will experience after we play and you come back and read this lame statement that you posted for me this weekend! I hope that you are prepared because my defense will be !!!!!!

WOW that WOS Team must be really really really good.  I mean maybe they are ready to skip the rest of their youth years and go straight to Highschool. Or maybe you could quit bragging on your kids and let them enjoy playing sports without all the smack talk. A good team or athlete never has to say a word their actions speak loud enough. Just my Opinion though.

[quote name="extrapoint4u" post="916330" timestamp="1290430184"]
WOW that WOS Team must be really really really good.  I mean maybe they are ready to skip the rest of their youth years and go straight to Highschool. Or maybe you could quit bragging on your kids and let them enjoy playing sports without all the smack talk. A good team or athlete never has to say a word their actions speak loud enough. Just my Opinion though.
[/quote]

Your post is wack, Please don't play the better than thou act. We have been on here having a good time dude, no one takes this seriously. You can ask anyone that knows me and they will tell you that I love my kids and that I respect every team that we play, I love coaching these kids for they really are the future high school players. I have been joking with these guys on here for a week, then you jump and say it's only me come on dude its like 5 pages long. We have fun on here and that's the end of it, if you don't like smack talk and having a good time then I apologize. I will end it here before someone says WOS IS MEAN!! I hope that you don't watch ESPN, they do the same thing week after week its all in fun. So sorry guys and gals well see you later, don't wanna make someone cry!! "My bad that's what diamond dawg said, but you didn't post about that did you!!!"

[quote name="ICEWATER" post="916435" timestamp="1290440931"]
[quote author=extrapoint4u link=topic=76264.msg916330#msg916330 date=1290430184]
WOW that WOS Team must be really really really good.  I mean maybe they are ready to skip the rest of their youth years and go straight to Highschool. Or maybe you could quit bragging on your kids and let them enjoy playing sports without all the smack talk. A good team or athlete never has to say a word their actions speak loud enough. Just my Opinion though.
[/quote]

Your post is wack, Please don't play the better than thou act. We have been on here having a good time dude, no one takes this seriously. You can ask anyone that knows me and they will tell you that I love my kids and that I respect every team that we play, I love coaching these kids for they really are the future high school players. I have been joking with these guys on here for a week, then you jump and say it's only me come on dude its like 5 pages long. We have fun on here and that's the end of it, if you don't like smack talk and having a good time then I apologize. I will end it here before someone says WOS IS MEAN!! I hope that you don't watch ESPN, they do the same thing week after week its all in fun. So sorry guys and gals well see you later, don't wanna make someone cry!! "My bad that's what diamond dawg said, but you didn't post about that did you!!!"
[/quote]

NO worries Ice. That is the first post made by that person. Usually means someone changed their name in order to say something they didn't have the ...... to say in person. Good luck if yall play.

I had the same thing done to me last year on a baseball thread. The guy was supposed to be a "friend or acquaintance" of mine too. In the end when people are able to hide behind screen names it gives them the ability to say whatever they want to say without consiquence.

Sorry about the late post I've been on vacation.  All I kept hearing is about how HJ wanted to play now all of a sudden it's we would love to but all equipment was turned in and too much of a hassle to play. Blah blah blah blah blah blah.  As the song says "Put On For my city". So put on HJ or put your computer UP

The players in the two associations match up, weight and age wise, in the Sr divisions. The rules are the same. The Jr division is way out. Lonestar Jr division is 8-10 year olds and any 10 year old over 85 must move to SR. In STJFL the Jr division is only 9 and 10 and a 10 year old can carry the football up to 105 pounds and can play Jr division up to 135 pounds. We warned against the Jr game that went on last year but didn't stop it even though we should have. The differences in sizes and weight showed up from the very beginning of the game. 105 lb/10 year old running backs and 135 lb 10 year olds against a team where the biggest 10 year old is less than 85 lbs and has 8 year olds on the team is no match up at all.

It's target practice.

Last year WOS had a good time beating up on the Silsbee 8 and 9 year olds with their heavyweights. They proudly pounded on a couple of 8 year old running backs. If HJ Jr agrees to this game then they are crazy.

[quote name="mwmuck" post="918849" timestamp="1290730551"]
The players in the two associations match up, weight and age wise, in the Sr divisions. The rules are the same. The Jr division is way out. Lonestar Jr division is 8-10 year olds and any 10 year old over 85 must move to SR. In STJFL the Jr division is only 9 and 10 and a 10 year old can carry the football up to 105 pounds and can play Jr division up to 135 pounds. We warned against the Jr game that went on last year but didn't stop it even though we should have. The differences in sizes and weight showed up from the very beginning of the game. 105 lb/10 year old running backs and 135 lb 10 year olds against a team where the biggest 10 year old is less than 85 lbs and has 8 year olds on the team is no match up at all.

It's target practice.

Last year WOS had a good time beating up on the Silsbee 8 and 9 year olds with their heavyweights. They proudly pounded on a couple of 8 year old running backs. If HJ Jr agrees to this game then they are crazy.

[/quote]
As an association this game should not be allowed due to safety reasons above all else.

Plain and simple the best 2 jr. teams in SETX played in the STJFL Super Bowl.  WOS won the game and either team would dominate HJ.  We tried to scrimmage but kept hearing about difference of age and weight.  On to baseball.  They say diamonds are a girls best frown but men love em too.

[quote name="demons95" post="919007" timestamp="1290743556"]
Plain and simple the best 2 jr. teams in SETX played in the STJFL Super Bowl.  WOS won the game and either team would dominate HJ.  We tried to scrimmage but kept hearing about difference of age and weight.  On to baseball.  They say diamonds are a girls best frown but men love em too.
[/quote]
Reverse the weight requirements and then see if you would play the game.  ::)

[quote name="SteelerCzy" post="919118" timestamp="1290783816"]
[quote author=demons95 link=topic=76264.msg919007#msg919007 date=1290743556]
[/quote]
[/quote]
We had 9 year olds that weighed in 50's.60's range. Excuses ::)

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="919787" timestamp="1290835304"]
[quote author=SteelerCzy link=topic=76264.msg919118#msg919118 date=1290783816]
[quote author=demons95 link=topic=76264.msg919007#msg919007 date=1290743556]
[/quote]
[/quote]
We had 9 year olds that weighed in 50's.60's range. Excuses ::)
[/quote]
Whatever, the running backs are the key anyone with knowledge knows this.

[quote name="FootballManiac" post="921678" timestamp="1290997621"]
well the thing is hj mustve gotten a lil bit scared of the speed of wos because i played wos ths year and i dont think wos had any body over 125..they are just little and very fast and athletic..so therefore hj got beat by wos for being scared of little people..dang hj i thought you were better than that
[/quote]
::) ::) ::)

As the Sr. coach I must admit to protect my players I looked up weight and age of Sr STJFL division and as Muck said they are comparable but the Jr. division is heavily (pardon the pun) weighted to the STJFL side. I have to agree with a son on the Jr. team it would not be in the best interest of the kids to play the game.

[quote name="Chester86" post="922955" timestamp="1291154914"]
When does it end?  It's time to get back to what matters....baseball.  I'm hoping the game Friday night is the last for the season.
[/quote]

Football never ends Chester .....Baseball matters never ...lol :P :P

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder