ready for some bulldog baseball!!!

1696dogs

Nederland has enough players this year to make 2 teams. But the big question in my opinion is the pitching. Replacing 2 Div 1 lefties is gonna be tough. There are several good pitchers on this team but I am not sure who the clear cut #1 and #2 are gonna be. The whole infield returns and we gotta fill a couple of outfield spots with several good prospects. Its gonna be an interesting year to say the least but now that football is over (BTW im still pissed about that) its time to oil up the gloves.

Dogs win district!

1B.
2B. Razor
S/S. Soneaux
3RD.
C. Babbs
OUTFIELD.
PITCHERS.
There will be several good players ridin the pine this year. A whole lot of talent. Starting pitching is going to be the key, bulldog defense is always above par, there will be no shortage of bats in the lineup. This may be the best offense we have seen in a while. Hope everybody likes the offense, next year (2012) your not going to like the new bats. Homeruns become routine fly balls.

[quote name="9Doggies" post="910792" timestamp="1289937911"]
Pitts was D.H. last year, i do not know where he will be this year, 1st, Outfield, D.H. Thats why i didn't list him, i just listed the no-brainer's. Maybe Admin can give us a full lineup with a batting order.
[/quote]

9doggies, I'm going to stay out of lineup making, i've been on the other side.

I pulled this off our rosters last year, going to be some open spots. As always, who ever works the hardest and can produce will be playing.

15  Jacob Pitts  1B/P  Jr
3    Tyler Smith  P/inf/Of  Jr   
10  Stephen Schlett  inf  Jr
4    Anthony Babino  c  Jr
16  Brett Brown  P/inf  Soph
9    Trevin Sonnier  inf  Jr
2    Andrew Williamson  Of  Jr
4    Trent Fontenot    P/inf  soph
18  Carson Raines  P/inf    Fresh

[quote name="1696dogs" post="910844" timestamp="1289942255"]
Williamson graduated last year.
[/quote]

thks 1696, corrected.

8 coming back, need 9 

15  Jacob Pitts  1B/P  Jr
3    Tyler Smith  P/inf/Of  Jr   
10  Stephen Schlett  inf  Jr
4    Anthony Babino  c  Jr
16  Brett Brown  P/inf  Soph
9    Trevin Sonnier  inf  Jr
4    Trent Fontenot    P/inf  soph
18  Carson Raines  P/inf    Fresh

We had such a great time watching our favorite son Cody play last year.The success he enjoyed was possible because of the fantastic play and attitude of the whole Bulldog team.If these returning players play like we all know they can along with the talent of the incoming players it will be another great year.Go Dogs!

[quote name="lefty3162" post="911165" timestamp="1289968019"]
We had such a great time watching our favorite son Cody play last year.The success he enjoyed was possible because of the fantastic play and attitude of the whole Bulldog team.If these returning players play like we all know they can along with the talent of the incoming players it will be another great year.Go Dogs!
[/quote]

It's easy to say Cody is your favorite son when he is your only son! ;D...lol...We will miss having the Code-Man and Kirby on the mound. 

[quote name="9Doggies" post="910464" timestamp="1289914822"]
1B.
2B. Razor
S/S. Soneaux
3RD.
C. Babbs
OUTFIELD.
PITCHERS.
There will be several good players ridin the pine this year. A whole lot of talent. Starting pitching is going to be the key, bulldog defense is always above par, there will be no shortage of bats in the lineup. This may be the best offense we have seen in a while. Hope everybody likes the offense, next year (2012) your not going to like the new bats. Homeruns become routine fly balls.
[/quote]

Don't know who Razor is, but I can't imagine he will play 2nd over Schlett.  Schlett's had the position for the last two years.  He just needs the right exposure and he will be playing somewhere next year.

[quote name="Keeper99" post="911364" timestamp="1290008215"]
[quote author=9Doggies link=topic=76121.msg910464#msg910464 date=1289914822]
1B.
2B. Razor
S/S. Soneaux
3RD.
C. Babbs
OUTFIELD.
PITCHERS.
[/quote]

Don't know who Razor is, but I can't imagine he will play 2nd over Schlett.  Schlett's had the position for the last two years.  He just needs the right exposure and he will be playing somewhere next year.

[/quote]

Razor is Schlett! ;)

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="NHS83LU87" post="911374" timestamp="1290008975"]
[quote author=Keeper99 link=topic=76121.msg911364#msg911364 date=1290008215]
[quote author=9Doggies link=topic=76121.msg910464#msg910464 date=1289914822]
1B.
2B. Razor
S/S. Soneaux
3RD.
C. Babbs
OUTFIELD.
PITCHERS.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Razor is Schlett! ;)
[/quote]

Nice........ ;D

[quote name="Dog4Life" post="911639" timestamp="1290028744"]
Any ideas on our outfield??
[/quote]Pitts , Smith may be in the outfield ..You also have [glow=red,2,300]Fontenot who played some 3rd last season[/glow]...Pitts could see some 1st but I think Canton.Richard & J.Richard & B.Brown will be fighting it out for the 1st base postion..But I guess you never know with Nederland, look at the Football season...They may want to get ready for the next year :o Back to the post ,,,the reason I think Pitts & Smith is becuase they have proved they can play it ....Got to have both in line up.. And I am sure Rains will fill the other outfield spot..Colby Richard can play some outfield also..Cody Robins has his hands full this year with talent lets see what he can do with it ???

[quote name="9Doggies" post="910464" timestamp="1289914822"]
1B.[glow=red,2,300]C.Richard[/glow]
2B. Razor
S/S. Soneaux
3RD.[glow=red,2,300] T.Fontenot[/glow]
C. Babbs
OUTFIELD.[glow=red,2,300]Rains Smith Pitts[/glow]
PITCHERS.[glow=red,2,300]6 to choose from[/glow]
[/quote]I will play the game with you Catfish , "what ya think"

[quote name="heartattack90" post="912014" timestamp="1290084841"]
Thats what I would do take the best Def-catcher in the district put him in center field...I say set all the seniors out,, and lets get ready for next year :o Babino would make a good center fielder ;)
[/quote]

You may be on to something heartattack....lol.....Let's set out the follwing seniors:  Pitts, Sonnier, Schlett, all of whom were 2010 1st Team All District;  Babs-2010 Defensive Player of the Year; and Tyler Smith 2nd Team All District.  (I know you were joking) ;D

Just really dont think you need the 'Babino' style catcher back there this year. Theres no Bellow whos money was his nasty dirtball slider. Pitching we  have comming back are spot and gas with the occosional mistake in the dirt. Why waste his speed? The catchers (Stamply-K Richard) could handle the job. Need speed and leadership player in center, not just someone to fill a void. JMO

[quote name="Dog4Life" post="912308" timestamp="1290107860"]
Just really dont think you need the 'Babino' style catcher back there this year. Theres no Bellow whos money was his nasty dirtball slider. Pitching we  have comming back are spot and gas with the occosional mistake in the dirt. Why waste his speed? The catchers (Stamply-K Richard) could handle the job. Need speed and leadership player in center, not just someone to fill a void. JMO
[/quote]

You do have a point.  Ultimately I think it will come down to their bats.....I don't see any way that Sonnier, Schlett, Smith, or Pitts will not be in a lineup due to their proven bats.  Raines' bat looked solid the few at-bats he had last year.  Pitts(RF) and he(LF) are the returning players who were practicing in the outfield at the end of last season.  If Fontenot's bat is hotter than Stamp or K. Richard, I could see him at 3rd with Smith going to the OF.  If Smith goes to OF, I don't see Babs moving from behind plate.  What makes you think having an outfield consisting of three good athletes such as Smith, Pitts, and Raines, would be just filling a void?  Remember the above listed seniors will be playing for their third district title!     

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder