Cameron Yoe Vs. Newton

Yoe_09

Who Win?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Who Win?

• Cameron Yoe
    • Newton

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="907157" timestamp="1289677922"]
Sorry but yoe takes this one. Thet just droped down from 3a and have been killin people all year.
[/quote]
Go do a little history check. Newton has played Cameron Yoe more than once in the past. Lost one game on the old tie breaker rule of tied on score, tied on penetrations, and Cameron Yoe advanced in playoffs on having one more first down. Cameron Yoe lost the next time as Newton advanced. That's two I can remember and may be more. Newton is capable. Should be good game. Newton takes the win.

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="907422" timestamp="1289685884"]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=76046.msg907157#msg907157 date=1289677922]
Sorry but yoe takes this one. Thet just droped down from 3a and have been killin people all year.
[/quote]
Go do a little history check. Newton has played Cameron Yoe more than once in the past. Lost one game on the old tie breaker rule of tied on score, tied on penetrations, and Cameron Yoe advanced in playoffs on having one more first down. Cameron Yoe lost the next time as Newton advanced. That's two I can remember and may be more. Newton is capable. Should be good game. Newton takes the win.
[/quote]

I never said anything about yoe's and newton's history ???. I just said that yoe's has been dominating 2a all year, and newton has had some stuggles this year. Yoe is my pick to win state so I have to pick them to win this game, but I do think it will be close.

This has historically always been a good game.  Two historically great teams.  Cameron Yoe currently has the most wins in Region III 3a all time and Newton always has great teams.  I think the Yoemen are going to come in focused and take care of business.  Yoemen by 28.

I will of course pick with the heart and pick Newton.

Cameron Yoe is a juggernaut and Newton will have to pass the sternest of tests to advance ... but Newton is used to playing and beating "unbeatable" teams.

Hats off to the Eagles ... they won in bi-district in what has been a tough and poignant season for Newton.  

Anything from here is lagniappe.

From what ive heard the game is at [url=http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=627]Leonard George Stadium[/url] in spring.  There is also Klein Collins but I do not think it is there.  I will probably find out who is home and visitor tomorrow if no one has that. 

Saw Cameron play earlier this year during our off week against my hometown Marlin. Cameron easily won. Cameron has nothing spectacular except a little Jacquizz type RB, but very SOLID at all positions. I think Newton is a little down (not sure)from previous posts--I think Cameron takes this one.

If Newton comes out on there A game this will be a close game, but if they come out like they did vs EC and Anauac then it will be a track meet. Newton looks to be getting better each week , lets see how the kids will respond to being the underdog for the second game in a row, A place Newton is not use to.

[quote name="coach bear" post="909472" timestamp="1289804045"]
Saw Cameron play earlier this year during our off week against my hometown Marlin. Cameron easily won. Cameron has nothing spectacular except a little Jacquizz type RB, but very SOLID at all positions. I think Newton is a little down (not sure)from previous posts--I think Cameron takes this one.
[/quote]

True.  We are not going to run out DI prospects all over the field.  I think overall we are pretty solid all around and if we play up to our capability, it will be hard for someone to beat us IMO. 

Newton is a little down this year, Losing Coach Barbay was the worst.  Dont forget Newton was ranked number 2 at one time and they have alot of talent, If the kids are confident and the Coaches teach something this week then Newton will win. Many Yoe fans were at the game last week in Carthage and I think they were a little surprised with the lopsided score, I just hope Newton D plays better cause there is no doubt they can move the ball.  p.s. please kick and punt to #3 lol

What makes this game interesting to me is that Newton has obviously improved tons from when I saw them Week 1 vs. Kirbyville.... Cameron Yoe has been a hot pick to win the region since the realignment came down....

I don't know if Newton has the horses or not to get it done, but it's hard to pick against this team.... I think it will be one heck of a game and hopefully if it all falls right the Eagles will move on....

They did a great job against one of the more powerful offenses in East Texas last week, so the defense will have to play well again....

[quote name="SouthArise" post="910617" timestamp="1289926714"]
Newton is a little down this year, Losing Coach Barbay was the worst.  Dont forget Newton was ranked number 2 at one time and they have alot of talent, If the kids are confident and the Coaches teach something this week then Newton will win. Many Yoe fans were at the game last week in Carthage and I think they were a little surprised with the lopsided score, I just hope Newton D plays better cause there is no doubt they can move the ball.  p.s. please kick and punt to #3 lol
[/quote]

I kind of think everyone was a little surprised by the score.  White Oak had just given Tatum all they had wanted in the 1st half....then Newton comes in and beats them by a wider margin.  How good is Tatum?  They have only beat one "good" team in Gilmer and they are down this year by their standards.  Many think Newton has the capability to go all the way....cant wait until Friday night...only a few days away.

[quote name="Yoe_09" post="911584" timestamp="1290026423"]
[quote author=SouthArise link=topic=76046.msg910617#msg910617 date=1289926714]
Newton is a little down this year, Losing Coach Barbay was the worst.  Dont forget Newton was ranked number 2 at one time and they have alot of talent, If the kids are confident and the Coaches teach something this week then Newton will win. Many Yoe fans were at the game last week in Carthage and I think they were a little surprised with the lopsided score, I just hope Newton D plays better cause there is no doubt they can move the ball.  p.s. please kick and punt to #3 lol
[/quote]

I kind of think everyone was a little surprised by the score.  White Oak had just given Tatum all they had wanted in the 1st half....then Newton comes in and beats them by a wider margin.  How good is Tatum?  They have only beat one "good" team in Gilmer and they are down this year by their standards.  Many think Newton has the capability to go all the way....cant wait until Friday night...only a few days away.
[/quote]  Well I don't know what people think up there in your area, but around here no one really thinks Newton has what it takes to win it all .  In fact if you were to ask around Newton most people would say that this is the worst Season Newton has had in many years (3 loses 3rd in district), thats because the standards are so high in Newton. The Newton White Oak game was a game that Newton took over because they had alot more athletes and they simply wore White Oak down.  Newton will defitely utilize there speed in this game, it will come down to who can score the most , dont see the Newton D changing much they have Sucked all Season. Newton has many young talented players (Frosh:FS,WR,RB- K.Shorter)( Soph:CB,backup QB-DJ Dean) starting this year and the future looks very promising , and with the leadership of senior's Rb:Jermy Jackson  All state Rb:Kelvin Bennett  plus Spikes and Seastruck leading the Defense Newton should have a chance to bring home the title.  but it will be the toughest championship run ever considering they are very young and Newton lost the number 4 winninest coach of all time in Coach Curtis Barbay. .

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder