Brenham @ Kingwood Park...KP STUNS BRENHAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name="friogal" post="907698" timestamp="1289691634"]
[quote author=ricko link=topic=76027.msg907688#msg907688 date=1289691231]
While it was pretty clear the refs were either ignorant or there was some home cooking going on, it does not matter.  The Cubs should have never let the game get close enough to be decided by a few seconds here and there.  You cannot win games when you fumble 4 times within your own 30.  I said this last week, that the Cubs were not playing up to snuff and if they played the way they did against Stratford against a team like Dayton, they would go down.  Well turns out, it didn't even take a strong team like Dayton to capitalize on their mistakes.  At this point, [b]Dayton now becomes the strongest team in the region[/b] IMO.
[/quote]

Agreed  ;D
But I am biased, so I will leave it to everyone else to discuss  ;)
[/quote]

By November 27th Dayton will be watching Football not playing it.  I hope the Lions shock the Bronco's tonight.  Good luck to both teams.  I'll be at the BUTCH observing.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="KET92" post="907724" timestamp="1289692378"]
[quote author=HUM398 link=topic=76027.msg907717#msg907717 date=1289692167]
[quote author=ricko link=topic=76027.msg907688#msg907688 date=1289691231]
While it was pretty clear the refs were either ignorant or there was some home cooking going on, it does not matter.  The Cubs should have never let the game get close enough to be decided by a few seconds here and there.  You cannot win games when you fumble 4 times within your own 30.  I said this last week, that the Cubs were not playing up to snuff and if they played the way they did against Stratford against a team like Dayton, they would go down.  Well turns out, it didn't even take a strong team like Dayton to capitalize on their mistakes.  At this point, Dayton now becomes the strongest team in the region IMO.
[/quote]

Not sure how you figure Dayton to be the strongest in the Region...Maybe your classification, but Friendswood, Montgomery, and Humble all have just as much right to that crown as Dayton.
[/quote]

I believe they are referring to who's left in the DII bracket.

Dayton would destroy Humble ;D
[/quote]

Yeah...so ive been told.    ::)

[quote name="HUM398" post="907733" timestamp="1289692730"]
[quote author=90PNGNDN link=topic=76027.msg907731#msg907731 date=1289692594]
Some of those teams  you mentioned like Montgomery are not in the same div as Dayton so that point is moot
[/quote]

Hey the comment was strongest in the region not Region III dII
[/quote]

My comment was clearly aimed toward Division II. As far as Division I goes, I think Humble probably has the best athletes in the region, although Dobbins from Montgomery is a monster.

Guest Two-Dogs...
[quote name="API steve" post="907762" timestamp="1289695159"]
I Love it Brenham Fan crying about 20 seconds, he must not have seen the game between PNG and Brenham last year. Good riddance...............Bunch of Big heads
[/quote]

+1

I guess when you think you're "All That" a big fall is just around the corner!!! 

One and Done!!  It just seems fitting

[color=navy][b]There is no clear favorite in the region 3 Division II bracket so I'll just take it 1 game at a time. The obvious 2 favs were taken down and it's pretty much a toss up now. Speculation is easy to say however it is just that...speculation. I prefer not to have crow thrown in my face so I'll sit back and watch others get theirs! One question though...why would you consider Dayton the clear favorite coming from a district who's teams overall records is 36-44?Furthermore, Dayton lost a close one to Angleton while Dawson wiped the floor with with Angleton on their home field 47-13. [/b][/color]

[quote name="xLmCoog88" post="907777" timestamp="1289696007"]
[color=navy][b]There is no clear favorite in the region 3 Division II bracket so I'll just take it 1 game at a time. The obvious 2 favs were taken down and it's pretty much a toss up now. Speculation is easy to say however it is just that...speculation. I prefer not to have crow thrown in my face so I'll sit back and watch others get theirs! One question though...why would you consider Dayton the clear favorite coming from a district who's teams overall records is 36-44?Furthermore, Dayton lost a close one to Angleton while Dawson wiped the floor with with Angleton on their home field 47-13. [/b][/color]
[/quote]

Well I believe Dayton to be the strongest in the region based off of only one thing, Jerry Stewart. In my opinion a great coach goes a long way and even though I'm a homer for the Brenham Cubs, you just HAVE to respect Jerry Stewart.  I tend to think that Dayton will outcoach the other teams in the region, plus their D is pretty strong.  But hey, I predicted Brenham to win the region so what do I know LOL:)

Early season losses don't mean squat.  It's how your playing when the post season is here.

We will just have to wait and see over the next several weeks.  Plus posting is all in good fun the kids and coaches are the ones who determines the outcome.

Great game by KP tonight.

[quote name="ricko" post="907783" timestamp="1289696198"]
[quote author=xLmCoog88 link=topic=76027.msg907777#msg907777 date=1289696007]
[/quote]

Well I believe Dayton to be the strongest in the region based off of only one thing, Jerry Stewart. In my opinion a great coach goes a long way and even though I'm a homer for the Brenham Cubs, you just HAVE to respect Jerry Stewart.  I tend to think that Dayton will outcoach the other teams in the region, plus their D is pretty strong.  But hey, I predicted Brenham to win the region so what do I know LOL:)
[/quote]

[color=navy][b]Fair enough....who knows really what's to come? I predicted Brenham as well to take the title.[/b][/color]

I don't have a clue what BrenhamFan is even talking about with the twenty seconds off the clock? After recieving the ball after Brenham couldn't convert on 4th down, they never passed the ball. So unless he's talking about twenty seconds running off the clock while Brenham was driving I'm not sure what he is thinking, but even in that case, that would have seemed to work in Brenham's favor if they were going to score to give KP less time for last second comeback.

[quote name="kparkfan21" post="907921" timestamp="1289701262"]
I don't have a clue what BrenhamFan is even talking about with the twenty seconds off the clock? After recieving the ball after Brenham couldn't convert on 4th down, they never passed the ball. So unless he's talking about twenty seconds running off the clock while Brenham was driving I'm not sure what he is thinking, but even in that case, that would have seemed to work in Brenham's favor if they were going to score to give KP less time for last second comeback.
[/quote]

I wasn't AT the game, but I was listening and it did seem there was some confusion on the clock. With that said, I will also report I was listening to the Brenham station so not sure how accurate the report was, cause as I found out/ am finding out tonight, it certainly makes a difference on who the commentators support and that certainly impacts their perspective of the play.  Congratulations KP- good job and best of luck!

[quote name="PNG Proud" post="907611" timestamp="1289689098"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=76027.msg907601#msg907601 date=1289689012]
Wow.  They ran 20 secs off the clock when it was an incomplete pass. :-\ :o ::)

I have never seen a clock runner decide the game
[/quote]

C'mon now.  If you're gonna depend on the clock runner to determine the outcome,  you've already lost.
[/quote]

No i'll show up on here still.  It was part the clock runner and part the 4 fumbles we turned over inside our own 30.  Congratulations to Kingwood Park...

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="907943" timestamp="1289701844"]
[quote author=PNG Proud link=topic=76027.msg907611#msg907611 date=1289689098]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=76027.msg907601#msg907601 date=1289689012]
Wow.  They ran 20 secs off the clock when it was an incomplete pass. :-\ :o ::)

I have never seen a clock runner decide the game
[/quote]

C'mon now.  If you're gonna depend on the clock runner to determine the outcome,  you've already lost.
[/quote]

No i'll show up on here still.  It was part the clock runner and part the 4 fumbles we turned over inside our own 30.  Congratulations to Kingwood Park...
[/quote]

I, personally, never doubted your return. We've all been there at one time or another. Brenham will be fine and will be back next year stronger than ever after a very successful 2010 season!

[quote name="friogal" post="907941" timestamp="1289701774"]
[quote author=kparkfan21 link=topic=76027.msg907921#msg907921 date=1289701262]
[/quote]

I wasn't AT the game, but I was listening and it did seem there was some confusion on the clock. With that said, I will also report I was listening to the Brenham station so not sure how accurate the report was, cause as I found out/ am finding out tonight, it certainly makes a difference on who the commentators support and that certainly impacts their perspective of the play.  Congratulations KP- good job and best of luck!
[/quote]
Thanks, see y'all next week?

[quote name="kparkfan21" post="907995" timestamp="1289702972"]
[quote author=friogal link=topic=76027.msg907941#msg907941 date=1289701774]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

YES  ;D

[quote name="friogal" post="908201" timestamp="1289706185"]
[quote author=kparkfan21 link=topic=76027.msg907995#msg907995 date=1289702972]
[quote author=friogal link=topic=76027.msg907941#msg907941 date=1289701774]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

YES  ;D
[/quote]
Looking forward to a good game, unlike the past two years of you guys completley whooping our a ash in district ;)

well i just watched the broncos get by in a squeeker, one of the best games i have seen in a while. this is the only game i have seen them play this year and i will have to tell you that they had their hands full with livingston and that wasnt supposed to happen go figure, with the upsets this weekend. Dont let your egos block your vision you arent the power house you think you are, snap them chinstraps and bring it or you will be scratching your heads and wondering why you didnt get past the second round. No offense but it was an entertaing game and i met some good people in the cheap seats, good luck hope to see ya in 3 weeks if we both succeed. nicek to meet you lil tex and barbershill89 loved the pink shirt by the way lol

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder