6 PN Grey
7 PN purple
8 vidor white
[/quote]
What about lum blue at the 8th seed?
[/quote]
you are right. prob will be lumb blue.

Guest BigCountry66
Just to clarify, let's say that Vidor White beats WOS by at least 14 points.  That would put WOS in the playoffs as a #8 seed.  I haven't looked at it enough to say but I think that would put the seeding as follows (not sure who would be 4,5 or 6)

1) Lumberton White
2) Vidor Black
3) Lumberton Red

4) 5) 6) would be Vidor White, Ned White and PNG Grey but not sure what seeds

7) PN Purple
8) WOS

Just something to think about...

You guys must be looking at different rules than I am.  Here is what they are according to the STJFL website.

Junior, & Pee-wee Division

There will be a total of 8 teams qualify.

1st & 2nd place in each division will qualify based on division record and will seed 1 through 6.

There will be 2 wild card teams selected out of the remaining teams and these will be determined by best overall record. Wild card teams will qualify as the 7th & 8th seed in the playoffs.

Divisional Tie-breakers:

Best division record

Head to head

Points Allowed

Coin Toss

Wild Card Tie-breakers:

Best overall record

Head to head (if teams played)

Points allowed

Coin toss

Seeding Tie breakers:

Best overall record

Head to head (if teams played)

Points allowed

Coin toss

That means...
Lum White and Vidor Black have already qualified from Division 1.
PNG - Grey and Ned White from Division 2.
Lum- Red and WOS From Division 3.
These are all locked in based upon division recordsa and tiebreakers.  

This leaves 2 wild cards.
PNG Purple gets 1 for certain, leaving Lum Blue, Ned Black and Vidor-White as potential for the 8th spot.  Lum blue has a 1 game lead on both teams and the tie breaker on Ned Black.  Vidor White has to beat WOS and Lum has to lose for Vid-White to get the spot.  

It's going to be hard for Lum-Blue to not get the 8th spot.  Although with their recent trainwrecks a loss to Orangefield is certainly a possibility.  

Of course I might misunderstand the rules, but I beleive this to be accurate.

Birddog

[quote name="One4All" post="879470" timestamp="1287414828"]
[quote author=BigCountry66 link=topic=74585.msg879436#msg879436 date=1287411567]
Of course, this could all change when Vidor White beats WOS this weekend.  How would that affect the seeding?
[/quote]There is no way WOS  could end up the #8 seed. . .even with a lost to Vidor White
[/quote]

If Vidor white beats WOS that will put them in a three way tie.  Lumberton Red would win the divison by least amount of points scored against.  Vidor White would take second with a head to head win against WOS.  WOS would take the 7 seed.  This all depends on how many points are scored this weekend.

Guest BigCountry66
I mostly agree with Manofsteel.  I think since Lum Red beat Vidor White, and WOS beat Lum Red and let's say Vidor White beats WOS...  Wouldn't that mean you would immediately go to points allowed?  Currently, WOS has given up 13 fewer than Vidor White, hence Vidor White having to beat WOS by 14 or more.  If Vidor White wins by 13 or less and loses a coin toss, they could be out of the playoffs altogether.  Wouldn't that suck?  It's all in how you interpret the playoff qualification rules.  There seems to be some room for differences in interpretations.  You could always look back to last years bracket and see how the rules were applied, but that seems like a lot of work.  :)  Wouldn't it be great if we had a board member who could weigh in on this discussion?

Guest BigCountry66
It sounds like BAM knows something I don't know.  I figured your conference record would only guarantee you a spot in the top 6.  After that, it seems like the overall record would be used to seed you against teams like Lum White, Vidor Black and Lum Red, etc (teams from other conferences).  If that is the case, Ned White has 2 losses on overall record and wouldn't seed #3.  Am I interpreting the rules wrong?  Why would a conf record be used to decide whether you are seeded #1 or #6 if all those teams represent different conferences?

[quote name="BigCountry66" post="879724" timestamp="1287426415"]
It sounds like BAM knows something I don't know.  I figured your conference record would only guarantee you a spot in the top 6.  After that, it seems like the overall record would be used to seed you against teams like Lum White, Vidor Black and Lum Red, etc (teams from other conferences).  If that is the case, Ned White has 2 losses on overall record and wouldn't seed #3.  Am I interpreting the rules wrong?  Why would a conf record be used to decide whether you are seeded #1 or #6 if all those teams represent different conferences?
[/quote]
1st place in each conference is seeded 1-3. 2ND place in conference is 4-6.

Guest BigCountry66
If that is true, then it would be nice to have that little nugget of info written into the 'Playoff Qualifications' section on the website.  I did look back at how you ended up #7 last year. That is crazy.  I feel for you.  I just had to laugh when I saw that PN White seeded #1 based on a 5-0 conference record.  Especially since they had the same overall record as WOS (7-1) and lost head to head against WOS.  Oh well, at least now I know.

So what you guys are saying is IF Vidor White where to beat a very good WOS team this coming Saturday they would finish the season tied for 1st place in their division with a 3-1 record. But if they don't win by at least 14 points they would not make the playoffs. WOW!
  Question?  IF Vidor white squeeks it out against WOS and Lumb blue loses to OF, who would go? Lumb Blue would be 4-4 and Vidor White would be 4-3 having the better winning percentage so I assume Vidor would advance. Help me out guys.

Guest BigCountry66
That is correct.  If Lumberton Blue were to lose to OF, then Vidor White just needs to win to be in.  I hate to say 'just needs to win' because that is a very good WOS team.  It should be a very good game. Good luck to both teams.

I just thought of another question I need help on. Of course all of this is based on a big IF. If vidor white beats wos then Lum Red, Vid White and WOS are all 3-1 in division. Tiebreaker would come down to points allowed. Is that points allowed in the division against common opponents or total points allowed for the season. It would make sense to me to only factor in division games since we are trying to decide finish order for the division. Again this is based on the big IF Vidor White can pull it off Saturday. Just curious, what do you guys think?

[quote name="VPATH" post="880653" timestamp="1287505720"]
I just thought of another question I need help on. Of course all of this is based on a big IF. If vidor white beats wos then Lum Red, Vid White and WOS are all 3-1 in division. Tiebreaker would come down to points allowed. Is that points allowed in the division against common opponents or total points allowed for the season. It would make sense to me to only factor in division games since we are trying to decide finish order for the division. Again this is based on the big IF Vidor White can pull it off Saturday. Just curious, what do you guys think?
[/quote]

Divisional Tie-breakers:

Best division record

Head to head

Points Allowed

Coin Toss

Guest BigCountry66
VPATH, you are correct.  The points allowed would only be for Conference games.  The 13 point differential that I mentioned would have been for all games, not just conference.  Just counting conference games, points allowed is as follows:
Lum Red 13
WOS  18
Vidor White 19
That certainly makes a difference. 

All this talk about WHAT IF vidor beats WOS! I guess that if we lose one game, then all of a sudden everyone is gonna run over us!! You better get off the DRUGS and Alcohol, WOS is no joke and just lost a very tough game. Congrats to PNG on a great game played but to all of you talking about us getting beat, better wake up and drink some coffee, we will be back and I feel sorry for whoever takes our Pee Wee team lightly!!!!

[quote name="ICEWATER" post="880829" timestamp="1287518580"]
All this talk about WHAT IF vidor beats WOS! I guess that if we lose one game, then all of a sudden everyone is gonna run over us!! You better get off the DRUGS and Alcohol, WOS is no joke and just lost a very tough game. Congrats to PNG on a great game played but to all of you talking about us getting beat, better wake up and drink some coffee, we will be back and I feel sorry for whoever takes our Pee Wee team lightly!!!!
[/quote]

Sombody seems flustered  ;D  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    napeba
    Newest Member
    napeba