Nederland Gets An Early Halloween present

Guest LCM Volleyball

GoStangs' date='

We had Nederland beat. You have to admit we're a better team. If Coach Moody comes back we'll be even be better.[/quote']

That is the difference between a team that knows how to win and a team that is trying to learn how. Ned has been in that situation many times and knows what to do to pull it out. As far a u being better, not really. If we called more than one number for the first three quarters the score wouldn't have been the same. Our defense played four quarters for the first time this year, if the offense gets back one track we could go several rounds deep.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike, your posts are right on target... Watching the talent across the state from some of those teams is fun to do.. And this year, 22-4A doesnt hold a candle talentwise to some of those teams mentioned...great post... Maybe the Orange County fans will close a lid on it...THE STREAK CONTINUES!

Guest GoStangs

GoStangs' date='

We had Nederland beat. You have to admit we're a better team. If Coach Moody comes back we'll be even be better.[/quote']

I didn't see the game, so I can't say how you all had NED beat. I'm just saying that it's hard to look at a .500 season (at best) and say things are "turning around," when it's been .500 seasons or less since '97 for you all. I'm not trying to belittle anyone's efforts, Coach Moody, or your program -- I just don't see this as the mark of a vast improvement in your team.

GoStangs' date='

First things first, i can not stand Nederland. And wouldnt mind if they lost every game for the rest of ever.

Now with that being said, lets just evaluate what happened last night in the Ned v. LCM game. How can you say that youre the better team when you let Ned drive 85 yards with 2 mins or less left in the game to beat you. Youre not better than they are. And I guess your classic comeback will be "oh, we beat yall 42-0 this year." Key words being "this year." Whens the last time yall beat us? Exactly, so lets just not go there. And last time a I checked, youre new coach needs to be a MIRACLE worker to fix yalls program. Which has been .500 or less sine '97.

Guest 1motime

When I saw that I thought of the bug eyed guy that alway comes to Nederland home games and roots for the other team . :roll: When we take the lead he sneaks out :lol:

Guest Pirate V Ball

I don't hate Nederland. I just get angry when the posters act they're the best in the State and can't lose. This nederland team is not near as good as ones in the past. I believe Godogs admitted it and that was it.

Quit exaggerating. We have never claimed to be the best in the state. In this district in the past 10 or 11 years, we have been a force to be reckoned with and always towards the top of the heap. That is something to be proud of and it just bothers some people.

Which is worse? Someone who brags about their team's greatness and has the record to prove it, or the one who boasts of greatness but has the record to prove otherwise? Those are the ones who irk me.

• 11 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...
Haha, this is back when they thought Moody was the real deal...man, I remember going to this game.  It was classic.  Game wasn't over until the final blow.  Great game.  But I think its funny how LCM volleyball kept saying that Nederland was going to score no more than 14, and they got 15...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    hulmeyolmu
    Newest Member
    hulmeyolmu