Nederland Gets An Early Halloween present

Guest LCM Volleyball

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll bite....

No, that situation obviously wasn't working for Nederland so NISD made a change.

However, when we began winning games we didn't start mouthing off about how invicible we were either. After ten years of consecutive playoff appearances, our fans have earned the privilege of touting their team as one of the best in the Golden Triangle since the Mid 90's. You can't argue that point. It is what it is.

Guest Cherokee Nation

It is true about Nederland 10 -15 years ago... When I graduated in 93 we had only one playoff appearance for a long time... and that was in 1989 we lost in the first round to ce king in pasadena. I hope we don't have to see those days again. :cry:

Y'all didn't make the playoffs in '89. That was the year PN-G and WOS were both 9-0 and met week 10. WOS pulled it out with a late score. Indians went to the quarterfinals that year led by Ron McGill.

Guest GoStangs

The bears are still a long way from turning things around. You all had an upset win over PNG, but at best will finish with a .500 record -- heck, with Vidor and Lumberton looming on the horizon, both teams that have also had a few big wins during the year, you all may not even get to .500 this year.

LCMVB,

You are losing credibility letting your frustration show like you are...

LCM is a good team, a VERY good team and getting better. YES you were as good as Nederland last night but not better. If you were better it would have not been so close. Neither team had an "OFF NIGHT" last night. I think both teams played about as good as they are capable and the chips fell in our favor for a change in a close game. It could have gone either way.

I will agree with you that Nederland is "Not that good" overall. Nederland teams of the past would have hammered LCM last night. LCM was only able to muster 12 points against a struggling Nederland defense, but in contrast your defense was able to shutdown a fantastic Nederland running game which is a credit to them. This may be the best 2 back running game we have EVER had and you did a better job than anyone else has done against it all year.. We just dont have the passing game to go with it to spread a defense and you shut it down.

Our district is relatively weak this year. Dayton is the same Dayton they were last year and the year before and so is Central. But with Nederland and PNG being down this year it gives an illusion of parity among strong teams... Really LCM and Lumberton and Vidor are not better than usual,, Nederland, Ozen and PNG are just worse teams than usual so far. I know you cant understand that but I have been studying these teams for years and its true. 22-4A wont get out of region 3 this year mark my words. They always have to go through the LaMarque and Brenham level of teams who are just better. Unless they are down too we none of us are going far becuase we just are not playing on a State Champion level. None of us are including Dayton who can only run. Teams who are totally 1 dimensional NEVER go far in the playoffs and Dayton is 1 dimensionsal. I cant tell you how many times Nederland has come up against these ALL WORLD running backs and ranked teams and beat the crap out of them because all they can do is run.

If Dayton can pass they MIGHT make a run, but if they cannot and WE (LCM and Nederland)cannot,,, IF we get in we will not get far. LCM cant run and Nederland cant throw.. That means you are just another good footbal team that cannot put it all together in 1 season.

I'll bite....

No' date=' that situation obviously wasn't working for Nederland so NISD made a change.

However, when we began winning games we didn't start mouthing off about how invicible we were either. After ten years of consecutive playoff appearances, our fans have earned the privilege of touting their team as one of the best in the Golden Triangle since the Mid 90's. You can't argue that point. It is what it is.[/quote']

I didn't know the FANS played the game, way to earn that privilege. How about the kids and players earned that, not the fans.

Mid-County fans are full of crap. Before district play every single one of you said that your team was great this year, why jump ship when a couple of good teams beat you??? Teams are getting better, face the facts, it happens all the time. I'm not saying that Ned. and PNG are bad teams, it is just that other teams are getting better and you cannot blow them out like you used to do. Stop the crying saying that "They are not as good as they usually are this year", because they have the just as much talent, other teams are establishing their programs and catching up to you. Get over it.

Mid-County fans are full of crap. Before district play every single one of you said that your team was great this year' date=' why jump ship when a couple of good teams beat you??? Teams are getting better, face the facts, it happens all the time. I'm not saying that Ned. and PNG are bad teams, it is just that other teams are getting better and you cannot blow them out like you used to do. Stop the crying saying that "They are not as good as they usually are this year", because they have the just as much talent, other teams are establishing their programs and catching up to you. Get over it.[/quote']

You really dont get it.. This whole post is going to sound condescending but its really not.. I am more than just a Nederland fan and have seen more HS football than I care to admit over the last 10-12 years.

You need to take one year and go follow LaMarque and see what REAL talent in 4A is. You have NO idea what real talent is and I mean that as respectfully as I can put it.. I have been closely following Texas High School Football for over a decade and although I am just a fan I dare say that there is anyone on this board that is as analytical about all of Texas HSFB except for maybe GoStangs or SFA85 that I am aware of. They probably know more X's and O's than me but I know talent, the fundamentals and what makes a great team. I watch games and I mean a LOT of them. Not just the Bulldogs but during the playoffs I spend my Fridays and Saturdays watching playoff games, anything there is within a 4 hours I am there no matter who is playing. Dome setting are my favorite because I can see sometimes 4 games in a day with a bonus game on Friday night..

Trust me when I say,,, 22-4A is weak.. Nederland, LCM and PNG are just mediocre, Central and Dayton are viable playoff hopefuls but are in NO way serious contenders for getting out of Region 3 unless the whole region and state is down..

In over a decade of seriously watching HS football I have seen few teams that are really "that good". PNG 1999 was THAT GOOD. WOS, Bay City, Callallen and Nederland of 2000 were THAT GOOD. Texas City 1999 was THAT GOOD, Garland 1999 was THAT GOOD, Lufkin, Aldine Eisenhauer in the late 90's, Ennis, Stephenville in the 90's and early 2K.. THOSE were State Champion level teams.. What you are seeing right now in 22-4A is parity amongst the mediocre.. If Vidor were even 3/4 of what it took to be a state champ, they would have waltzed through this district like Brad Pitt in a nightclub full of drunk women and had their way with all of us including Dayton which is also mediocre because they are 1 dimensional.

re Dayton, Nederland played a team from Montgomery a couple of years ago and came in as a slight underdog against them because they had to immortal running back who had 4000 yards a game was 9' tall and weighed 1600 pounds and ran a 3.5 40 and was being recruited by god himself to play for the Angels football team up in heaven(no disrespect, just making a point).. He was suppsed to be that good. You know what? We KILLED them because all they could do was run up the middle.

People, you need to get real.. Im telling you this district is WEAK and we have a long way to go. You all ned to get outside of this district and go watch some games and you will see what I am talking about.. If all you ever see is Vidor and the local talent, then with all due respect you saying your perspective is limited is a monumental understament.

Mid-County fans are full of crap. Before district play every single one of you said that your team was great this year' date=' why jump ship when a couple of good teams beat you??? [b']Teams are getting better, face the facts, it happens all the time. I'm not saying that Ned. and PNG are bad teams, it is just that other teams are getting better and you cannot blow them out like you used to do. Stop the crying saying that "They are not as good as they usually are this year", because they have the just as much talent, other teams are establishing their programs and catching up to you. Get over it.

Ive seen a lot better Vidor sqauds than what I witnessed last night, including last years team. and trust me, if any of the formentioned teams mikeast spoke of were in this current district, theyed be blowing everyone out just like they did back then. I believe that to be true...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder