Dayton keys to success

Guest whoabroncos09
[quote name="Hawkeye" post="874117" timestamp="1287005926"]
[quote author=ricko link=topic=74273.msg874069#msg874069 date=1287001567]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=74273.msg873937#msg873937 date=1286992624]
We've already played 3 early games vs.09 playoff teams and those were big,atheletic,fast teams w/plenty of skilled players and a bench full of good reserves.Now we're seeing the true results of those losses that ko'd the Broncos from the rankings temporary.The good thing almost every skill position has another year.Nobody @ the local 4a area gets more out of less than Coach Jerry Stewart who most yrs has less than 20 seniors while many others field 28-43
[/quote]

This is the thing that scares me the most about Dayton.  I don't believe for a split second that their team this year is better than last years team.  Yet, I think if Brenham matches up with them in round 2, I think it will be the toughest game the Cubs have in 4a all season, including Montgomery.  Those kids in Dayton are just so well coached, it doesn't matter if they have a team of worldbeaters, they can still play with anyone on the field.  I was surprised they lost to Angleton, I expected them to shut Diggs down, but hey, the kid is a beast.  There's no doubt in my mind the Broncos win out until they face Brenham in round 2. How the Cubs handle the Montgomery offense will let me know how that Brenham v. Dayton will turn out.
[/quote]

Dayton is a better team this year. [b]The defense is the best in years.[/b] The offense was slow to start but are hitting their stride. Diggs did not beat Dayton. Turnovers beat Dayton. He never "went off" for any real gains. There were a couple of 3rd & longs he converted but other than that, not much.

I feel the same way about Brenham. I think most Dayton fans know they are a well run outfit. Should be a great game...again. But, like someone said earlier, we both have to make it there first.
[/quote]

Who isnumber 50? I hear his name at the games and I've never heard of him before. He seems to be having some good stops. And I think he is the one who recovered the fumble for a touchdown last week?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="whoabroncos09" post="874132" timestamp="1287007146"]
[quote author=Hawkeye link=topic=74273.msg874117#msg874117 date=1287005926]
[quote author=ricko link=topic=74273.msg874069#msg874069 date=1287001567]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=74273.msg873937#msg873937 date=1286992624]
We've already played 3 early games vs.09 playoff teams and those were big,atheletic,fast teams w/plenty of skilled players and a bench full of good reserves.Now we're seeing the true results of those losses that ko'd the Broncos from the rankings temporary.The good thing almost every skill position has another year.Nobody @ the local 4a area gets more out of less than Coach Jerry Stewart who most yrs has less than 20 seniors while many others field 28-43
[/quote]

This is the thing that scares me the most about Dayton.  I don't believe for a split second that their team this year is better than last years team.  Yet, I think if Brenham matches up with them in round 2, I think it will be the toughest game the Cubs have in 4a all season, including Montgomery.  Those kids in Dayton are just so well coached, it doesn't matter if they have a team of worldbeaters, they can still play with anyone on the field.  I was surprised they lost to Angleton, I expected them to shut Diggs down, but hey, the kid is a beast.  There's no doubt in my mind the Broncos win out until they face Brenham in round 2. How the Cubs handle the Montgomery offense will let me know how that Brenham v. Dayton will turn out.
[/quote]

Dayton is a better team this year. [b]The defense is the best in years.[/b] The offense was slow to start but are hitting their stride. Diggs did not beat Dayton. Turnovers beat Dayton. He never "went off" for any real gains. There were a couple of 3rd & longs he converted but other than that, not much.

I feel the same way about Brenham. I think most Dayton fans know they are a well run outfit. Should be a great game...again. But, like someone said earlier, we both have to make it there first.
[/quote]

Who isnumber 50? I hear his name at the games and I've never heard of him before. He seems to be having some good stops. And I think he is the one who recovered the fumble for a touchdown last week?
[/quote]50 Matt Barton Senior OT, DT

[quote name="Broncofan65" post="874321" timestamp="1287025380"]
Hey Hill1970, that water tower in Dayton is full of purple cool-aid and we are enjoying drinking it. We bleed purple here in Dayton, Go Broncos......... Oh by the way, you must be jealous, would you like some purplr cool-aid? Oh, the Hill is for real, just for you.  ;) ;D
[/quote]
Once again don't let my user Id fool you, I have nothing to do with Barbers Hill.
I hope that you keep drinking that tainted kool-aid, because Crosby will shut down the Donkeys again this year.

[quote name="hill1970" post="874441" timestamp="1287063277"]
[quote author=Broncofan65 link=topic=74273.msg874321#msg874321 date=1287025380]
Hey Hill1970, that water tower in Dayton is full of purple cool-aid and we are enjoying drinking it. We bleed purple here in Dayton, Go Broncos......... Oh by the way, you must be jealous, would you like some purplr cool-aid? Oh, the Hill is for real, just for you.  ;) ;D
[/quote]
Once again don't let my user Id fool you, I have nothing to do with Barbers Hill.
I hope that you keep drinking that tainted kool-aid, because Crosby will shut down the Donkeys again this year.
[/quote]

really?

Crosby 39 Baytown Lee 27
Crosby 31 Houston C.E. King 28

impressive wins there  ::)...if you allow almost 30 points in each of those two games...dayton will have their way with that defense...

Merka can't play all 22 positions...

[quote name="hill1970" post="874543" timestamp="1287070210"]
Crosby plays down to the level of their competetion. [b]TRUE[/b]

The only team they will shut out will be Dayton, but look at the bright side y’all can still make the playoffs after a loss to Crosby. [b]HAHAHAHAHA!!!! [/b]
[/quote]

Crosby plays down to the level of their competetion. The only team they will shut out will be Dayton, but look at the bright side y’all can still make the playoffs after a loss to Crosby.
[/quote] Really?plays down to the level of their competition?
[move][b][color=purple]DAYTON BRONCO STAMPEDE PLAYS DOWN TO THE LEVEL OF THE CROSBY KITTIES AND GIVES THEM 54 REASONS WHY THE HILL IS FOR REAL ON OCT.29TH BE THERE 8) [/color][/b][/move]

Just ask the smokin infantile how that works

Crosby plays down to the level of their competetion. The only team they will shut out will be Dayton, but look at the bright side y’all can still make the playoffs after a loss to Crosby.
[/quote]

I see why you're here now...just to fire it up...

you almost hooked me...but I'm too busy...

[/quote]hill1970, why don't you go to your walmarts and keep hassling the people in purple shirts? you all seem good in doing that!!!!!!  :D :D

I haven't been able to make it to a game this year due to my work schedule BUT I think that they need to use and abuse ol'Delasbour.  He looks like a beast on the highlights and seems to have the running game down when he doesn't fumble or blow the play.  Dayton has always been able to work the spread and the running game would definetely make it that much better.  Also, if we can keep  Mr. Wadzek under 200 "uh's" during a football broadcast we've got a pretty good shot... 8)

Guest whoabroncos09
[/quote]

This is actually really funny. Thanks for making my day man.

[quote name="whoabroncos09" post="875120" timestamp="1287118908"]
[quote author=hill1970 link=topic=74273.msg874543#msg874543 date=1287070210]
[/quote]

[/quote]does anyone know where dayton is ranked in the houston area or where i can find the houston area rankings?

[quote name="broncos92" post="875137" timestamp="1287123337"]
[quote author=whoabroncos09 link=topic=74273.msg875120#msg875120 date=1287118908]
[/quote]

[/quote]does anyone know where dayton is ranked in the houston area or where i can find the houston area rankings?

[/quote]

Dayton isn't ranked.

[quote name="broncos92" post="875137" timestamp="1287123337"]
[quote author=whoabroncos09 link=topic=74273.msg875120#msg875120 date=1287118908]
[/quote]

[/quote] The closest Dayton came was when we played Galena Park and the Chronicle had them as one top ten Houston area best teams and we beat them 52-23 . Most rankings are bogus anyway !

[quote name="jayhawk" post="875177" timestamp="1287144246"]
[quote author=broncos92 link=topic=74273.msg875137#msg875137 date=1287123337]
[/quote]

[/quote] The closest Dayton came was when we played Galena Park and the Chronicle had them as one top ten Houston area best teams and we beat them 52-23 . Most rankings are bogus anyway !
[/quote]

They were #10 though, and the chronicle is off alot.

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="875232" timestamp="1287150185"]
Wow BrenhamFan. I know you're trying to "keep it real" but what gives? I think it's pretty well known that if Dayton and Brenham get the chance to tango this year, Dayton will be the underdog. No need to hammer that home.
[/quote]

I'm just saying that the shut outs, are more impressive than beating an overrated GP team.  I'm not meaning to take shots at Dayton or anything.  I have alot of respect for coach Stewart's program over there.  I apologize if you took that the wrong way.  Good luck tonight by the way.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="875261" timestamp="1287152779"]
[quote author=Hawkeye link=topic=74273.msg875232#msg875232 date=1287150185]
Wow BrenhamFan. I know you're trying to "keep it real" but what gives? I think it's pretty well known that if Dayton and Brenham get the chance to tango this year, Dayton will be the underdog. No need to hammer that home.
[/quote]

I'm just saying that the shut outs, are more impressive than beating an overrated GP team.  I'm not meaning to take shots at Dayton or anything.  I have alot of respect for coach Stewart's program over there.  I apologize if you took that the wrong way.  Good luck tonight by the way.
[/quote]

Hawkeye.... you seem a little touchy this morning. You had coffee yet?? Don't worry, nothing a little Friday Night Lights won't fix.  ;)

Fan, you do a good job of posting objectively.  8)

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="875261" timestamp="1287152779"]
[quote author=Hawkeye link=topic=74273.msg875232#msg875232 date=1287150185]
[/quote]

[/quote]
No need for apologies. Everything you said is true. Just noticed a different tone (than I'm used to from you) in your last few posts concerning Dayton. I figured your adrenaline is pumping a little hard this morning getting ready for the Bears!  ;) Good luck to you guys too.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder