Spring Woods 0-5 (0-2) @ #2 Brenham 5-0 (2-0)...Predictions

Just teasing with you Brenham Fan I'm new to the board and a Montgomery/Jasper Fan. Live in Montgomery and have lived in Jasper before. Can't wait till the game in two weeks-hope Dobbins is 100% to make it a good game.
    Spring Woods-7
    Brenham-55 :D

Well welcome and I hope Dobbins is at 100% too.  It's not as much fun playing a team when their star player is hurt.  It will be a great game, i'm sure. (like last year) Are you gonna make the trip to Brenham for it?  If so, get here early....  Small stadium, that only seats 6,000 + a game between 2 of the best 4A teams in the state = packed stadium.  We already have to use 1/3 of the visitors side to fit all of our fans, and another 1/3 for the visiting band. 

I want to go but the crowd will be a mess, Montgomery this year is really selling out so I bet they will have a large traveling crowd. I have not decided yet but like you said better be their early if I go. Looks like the Brenham D is even better than last year. Montgomerys defense will have to play a great game to win, the have given up some yards but have stopped people in Red Zone. Also Stratford is overated also, with Dobbins they could have hung 60 on them.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="866239" timestamp="1286271186"]
Well welcome and I hope Dobbins is at 100% too.  It's not as much fun playing a team when their star player is hurt.  It will be a great game, i'm sure. (like last year) Are you gonna make the trip to Brenham for it?  If so, get here early....  Small stadium, that only seats 6,000 + a game between 2 of the best 4A teams in the state = packed stadium.  We already have to use 1/3 of the visitors side to fit all of our fans, and another 1/3 for the visiting band. 
[/quote]
Brenham Fan,
  Looking for some info on a young man that stepped into the O-line for the Cubs when the starter went down this past Friday.  Josh Miller.  Heard he played big...got details? 

[quote name="Slam14" post="866803" timestamp="1286329219"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=73978.msg866239#msg866239 date=1286271186]
Well welcome and I hope Dobbins is at 100% too.  It's not as much fun playing a team when their star player is hurt.  It will be a great game, i'm sure. (like last year) Are you gonna make the trip to Brenham for it?  If so, get here early....  Small stadium, that only seats 6,000 + a game between 2 of the best 4A teams in the state = packed stadium.  We already have to use 1/3 of the visitors side to fit all of our fans, and another 1/3 for the visiting band.  
[/quote]
Brenham Fan,
 Looking for some info on a young man that stepped into the O-line for the Cubs when the starter went down this past Friday.  Josh Miller.  Heard he played big...got details?  
[/quote]

He played a great game and definatly held his own Friday.  You can't ask for much more than what he provided.  I was impressed.  Adrian Bellard's knee injury has been diagnosed as a mild, grade 1 strain.  He's questionable against Spring Woods, so Miller will probably start.  Bellard could play, but I doubt he will, considering Montgomery's next, and they will prolly use this as an extra week to recover.  I don't know much about Miller though.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="866816" timestamp="1286330495"]
[quote author=Slam14 link=topic=73978.msg866803#msg866803 date=1286329219]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=73978.msg866239#msg866239 date=1286271186]
Well welcome and I hope Dobbins is at 100% too.  It's not as much fun playing a team when their star player is hurt.  It will be a great game, i'm sure. (like last year) Are you gonna make the trip to Brenham for it?  If so, get here early....  Small stadium, that only seats 6,000 + a game between 2 of the best 4A teams in the state = packed stadium.  We already have to use 1/3 of the visitors side to fit all of our fans, and another 1/3 for the visiting band.  
[/quote]
Brenham Fan,
 Looking for some info on a young man that stepped into the O-line for the Cubs when the starter went down this past Friday.  Josh Miller.  Heard he played big...got details?  
[/quote]

He played a great game and definatly held his own Friday.  You can't ask for much more than what he provided.  I was impressed.  Adrian Bellard's knee injury has been diagnosed as a mild, grade 1 strain.  He's questionable against Spring Woods, so Miller will probably start.  Bellard could play, but I doubt he will, considering Montgomery's next, and they will prolly use this as an extra week to recover.  I don't know much about Miller though.
[/quote]
Hey thanks for the insight and details.  Much appreciated. 

This should be for all intents and purposes, a total whitewash.  If the Cub Defense allows a touchdown, I'd be disappointed.

But Montgomery is a different story.  I'm actually a little concerned about Dobbins this year.  If you watched Brenham vs. Waller, in the first half the Cubs had a lot of problems stopping the Waller QB once he got around that outside corner.  Could it be that Brenham just wasn't ready for the wishbone? Possibly.  This is probably the best defense we've ever had.  They are averaging 4.4 points per game.  But if Dobbins gets to the outside, I am not sold that Brenham can stop him.  Either way, this will be one hell of a game.

[quote name="ricko" post="866926" timestamp="1286345630"]
This should be for all intents and purposes, a total whitewash.  If the Cub Defense allows a touchdown, I'd be disappointed.

But Montgomery is a different story.  I'm actually a little concerned about Dobbins this year.  If you watched Brenham vs. Waller, in the first half the Cubs had a lot of problems stopping the Waller QB once he got around that outside corner.  Could it be that Brenham just wasn't ready for the wishbone? Possibly.  This is probably the best defense we've ever had.  They are averaging 4.4 points per game.  But if Dobbins gets to the outside, I am not sold that Brenham can stop him.  Either way, this will be one heck of a game.
[/quote]

Against Waller, it was the QB not HB, and I wouldn't call giving up only one TD a problem.  It will take a split second more cuz Dobbins has to take the handoff, and he won't be under center where he can take off.  The coaches also said they take alot of the blame for the 10 points given up in the 2nd quarter, due to the fact the Waller hadn't done what we had seen on film and planned for.  Fortunatly, we see that offense alot, so we knew what to do.  We just needed to regroup at halftime, and the coaching staff did an excellent job of making sure we did just that.  Your right about Montgomery and Dobbins, and they worry me too.  I'm sure it will be a good game, and we'll give up more points than we usually do, but our defense is just too stout to lose this one.  To beat us, I think they will need atleast 4 TD's and I don't that will happen.  I could be wrong, that's just how I feel about it.  Our offense has been improving every week too, and it being a home game doesn't hurt.  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124