Dayton
Livingston
Legacy
Diboll
Huffman

These are confirmed

[quote name="Lefty99" post="853751" timestamp="1285181656"]
This is simply amazing!
[/quote] It is amazing... I hope Dayton has climbed on board and they have just been accidently left off the list.

[quote name="octfeb" post="853756" timestamp="1285181965"]
[quote author=Lefty99 link=topic=73315.msg853751#msg853751 date=1285181656]
This is simply amazing!
[/quote] It is amazing... I hope Dayton has climbed on board and they have just been accidently left off the list.
[/quote]

Given that Jerry Stewart is the coach, I am sure that is what has happened.

[quote name="Kevin Goodwin" post="853769" timestamp="1285183156"]
May God Bless.

The Center Roughriders will be wearing the flying WOS on the back of their helmets for the remainder of the season
[/quote]

Once a Mustang, always a Mustang.  God Bless you, Coach Goodwin!

PER MIKE GEORGE

Dayton has gotten involved in remembering Reggie Garrett.

Jerry Stewart and Dan Hooks go way back and are great friends on and off the field, but Jerry is more private when it comes to something like this and has reacted accordingly. He's been working on this ever since Monday, after all, he's old school.

He knows what kind of "sticker" he wants on the Broncos' helmets Friday night and has ordered them locally.

As the press box announcer, Coach Stewart and I have been working closely to come up with the proper words to say in memory of this valiant young man. Dayton certainly does not want any appearance of exploitation, but like Coach Stewart said, "it's something like this that puts the game in perspective."

So, Dayton will be wearing #12 Friday night and as I see from the list, our opponent, Barbers Hill will be also, and that will be mentioned in our address. We have also set up places at concession stands on each side of the field where fans can make their own donation to a memorial fund that will be turned over to Coach Hooks. We do all this for Reggie's family.

[quote name="Piratefan4life" post="853884" timestamp="1285195541"]
Vidor Junior Football Association will be wearing their 12 helmet stickers starting this weekend...plus we are having all the kids sign a special card and giving it to the WOS football team
[/quote] aww the card is a cool gesture

When I see the outpouring of support like this, it reaffirms something I've always believed about SETX - the Golden Triangle in particular.  We are like one big community of several small towns.  Each one has its own individuality, but there is a common bond among them.  I can remember going to the state championship runs of West Brook, PNG, and WO-S in the last few decades and seeing signs like, "Nederland supports the Mustangs"..."PNG supports the Bruins"..."Bridge City supports the Indians", etc.  We tend to unite and root for each other in the end, and this tragedy has brought out the best in so many people.  It gives me a sense of pride about growing up and being a part of southeast Texas.  Thanks to everyone from the surrounding communities who have given your show of support through the helmet stickers, donations to the scholarship, well-wishes on the message boards, and the prayers.  Everyone associated with WO-S is very grateful for your kindness.  God bless every one of you.  He knows who you are. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder