WO-S 20 Silsbee 13 Final/Comments

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, away with the trash. I believe we played a not so good game tonight. I also believe that Silsbee is what they say they are. They are a great team, and very fast. I think they(Silsbee) are somewhat underrated. We will see come playoff time, I hope yall do well.

It was great to meet you Silsbee guys tonight, and SHS 84 you have an awesome player in your son. You have every reason to be proud!

Congrats on a great game Silsbee!!! Thanks for giving us real competition. That will come handy in a few weeks.

Awesome job WOS, keep it up!!!!!!

Shake hands??? Shake Hands???

Guys' date=' you lost. Game over. I respect Silsbee, but shake hands?? Sounds pretty rediculous for you to say something like that.

:D[/quote']

Did anyone ever see that Allen Iverson interview where he says practice about ten times? This kinda reminds me of that. If you have no convictions in the name of class or respect I just dont know how to argue with you.

Guest GoStangs

Both teams flexed their muscles at different times of the game. At the beginning of the game, Silsbee had a great KO return and just moved the ball at ease to score their first TD. About 20 seconds later, thanks to a great KO return by Earl Thomas, WOS scored to tie it up. It seemed like the entire game was like that -- punch, counterpunch. Silsbee had a few great runs and several big plays throughout the night, and WOS would turn around and have a few big plays of their own.

I was surprised that Silsbee threw the ball as much as they did; on the other hand, I thought WOS should've thrown it downfield a few more times than they did. Both teams made big plays on defense and special teams, and both teams made their share of mistakes. The 3 picks by the WOS defense were huge, but the two lost WOS fumbles were pretty big turns in the game for Silsbee. Each team had costly penalties (I think both had a TD called back against them), but oftentimes made big plays to overcome their miscues. Talentwise, both teams showed a lot of potential, and if they can improve between now and the playoffs, both can do well in the postseason.

Man, from COOP all the way down the line. The more I read on the more I wanted vomit. Why? The longer the thread went on the theme became apparent. Silsbee plays best, WOS plays worst game but pulls out hte win. What bad sportsmanship. No-one made the same statements about Silsbee's win over H-F ... that just brought doubters out.

But what I saw from the sidelines was a Silsbee team bringing WOS back to earth a bit. The mistakes are not happening in isolation, there happening in between the crunch and the slamming of bodies.

From COOP on down, gives the Tigers credit and stop trying to diminsh the game by bad mouthing the Tiger's effort by saying that WOS did not play well.

If it had been the other way around, and Silsbee was undefeated and ranked 4th at and WOS was not ranked all we would be hearing would be about how Coach Hooks is such of defensive genius for having stopped the Tigers ... get real and give Silsbee and their staff some respect for having prepared for the game and the kids for having the motivation and focus to execute.

WOS fans are sounding more anf more like Yankee fans to me and ya'll know how little respect I have for Yankee Fans. Whiners even when winning.

I just read through this whole thread and there are some mixed up folks on both sides. It was a great game that came down to the 4th quarter. It is ridiculous to say WOS was merely having a "bad night etc" and Silsbee was just having their "best night". WOS was having that "bad" night based on what Silsbee was doing to them. Silsbee forced some turnovers and pt some good licks on a few folks. Both teams took advantage of each other's mistakes. The refs did make bad calls but they were on both sides. WOS is extremely fast and well coached. In order to run with them you keep their offense off of the field. Silsbee's offense did that most of the night. To stop Silsbee you stop the dive option and WOS did that when it counted the most, with 2 minutes remaining. To put this in perspective Silsbee was at WOS's 8 yard line with 2 minutes to go. Unfortunately for us Tiger fans WOS got the int. and ended the drive. It would have been great to go into O/T but it didn't happen. In the end I left the game pleased with what our kids accomplished. Nobody absolutely nobody (with the exception of a few homers) gave Silsbee any chance. I read all week how this was going to be a huge blow out. It didn't happen. If anything this game should put to the rest how "overrated" Silsbee is. There may be 3 other teams in this area who can play WOS this close and none are in 3A.

my hats off to both teams BUT both wo-s and silsbee need to work on the little things that make good teams better teams.all week i have told alot of you that this was going to be a close game and some of you told me how funny that was for me to say that.i look at the little things that make big things happan and last night i saw wo-s meet up with a very well coached silsbee football team with alot of class and i like that.silsbee played thire hearts out and never gave up on themself and it will payoff at the end. as 4 wo-s NO IT was not the best game you have played this year but silsbee had alot to do with that you just cant hide that part its true and it happned we all saw it so live with it ok.i keep reading how great a game it was it was not a great game (JUST ME THINKING THIS OK)the mustangs SHOT themself in the foot to ment times THE HOLDING HAS GOT TO STOP thire was to meny times the mustangs hurt themself becouse of the little things that killed your drives and you just cant do that so i say this to you i am a big big mustang fan always have and always will be end of the story PS mustangs PLEASE hold on to the football my old heart can stand much more of that he he

Guest GoStangs

Okay, unless I'm mistaken, most of the "blowout" predictions came from people not from WOS. If you want to see what I felt leading up to this game, pull up my previous posts here, on WOS.com, and on the 3ADL. I knew Silsbee would match up well against WOS simply because their strengths match the WOS weaknesses. They did what a good team does and took advantage of it.

On the flip side, WOS did what good teams do, also. They saw some chinks in the Tiger armor and went after it. This was almost certainly two playoff teams going at it last night, and like most playoff games, this one was close. It came down to who made the last great play, and fortunately for WOS, they were able to make a huge defensive stand at the end of the game, cause a turnover, and take the win. It was far from a perfect performance by either team, but it was still an exciting game.

Changing the subject a bit...

If Silsbee would've been able to score to make it 19-20, do you think they would have went for one or two?

Hey Skippy,

The same can be said of the Tigers with regard to the little things. Both teams came to play and as for the penalties on both; sometimes that is a matter of the referee squad and how close they choose to make certain calls.

In the end, this is what I take away from the Silsbee effort. They are better than they might realize ... I hope the kids see that and take away from the game the confidence that, except for a few preventable mistakes, they could have beaten the 4th ranked team in the state.

As a Tiger fan, let's hope that what they nearly accomplished gives them the motivation to work as hard as they did this past week in practice and work on executing error free ball one quarter at a time. If they do that and rise to the level of talent they have, then these kids can accomplish something that will have meaning for the rest of their lives.

Hard work, discipline, teamwork, focus and execution, and we might be watching SHS TigerBall deep into the playoff season. Chin up kids, and feed off of that hunger in your belly.

Win, loose or draw, we are all proud of you because when you give 150% there is nothing of which to be ashamed. Do that for the next several weeks & months, and for the rest of your lives and you will all be winners!!!

PS: BC at 2:30; A&M at 6:00

Go Eagles! Go Aggies!

NO NO NO! Not with that kicker, why would you. He is almost a guarantee tie at the momment. He just had a bad kick the first TD. Ive been there. After that he was great.

A district game, you go for the tie.......pre-district...well go for two.

In my mind, the right call would be to go for one ... too much downside for a team not to go for the tie at that point. What pro team would go for two at that point and risk losing the game on a low odds move.

That puts pressure on the Mustangs and could you imagine the intensity of the home crown had they tied it up and they went into overtime. Just would have added to the drama, the rivalry, and the story line.

My Vote: going for one!

Guest GoStangs

I don't think it's a no brainer, and I wouldn't have been surprised at all if they would've went for two. You've got to try to win the game at some point, and with about two minutes left in the game or in OT, you're going to need to make a big play if want to win it. If there was a bunch of time left, that's one thing, but at the end of a big game, there's no reason to take it into OT if you think you can win it in regulation.

Silsbee is every bit as good as I expected they would be. Please rememeber that almost all of the blowout predictions were made by non-WO-S posters. I'm not surprised by the outcome. Silsbee's team definitely has my respect, both now and before the game was played.

I'm really suprised at the talk of no handshakes during the coin toss. That is totally unlike WO-S. If this truly did occur, the coaches will address this. The WO-S coaches are serious and strict about instilling good sportsmanship in their team. It's always been that way.

Enjoyed meeting SilsbeeD, AggiesAreWe, and SHS 84 last night. Y'all are good people. I hope to see the Tigers make a deep run in the playoffs. The WO-S faithful will be pulling for you.

Silsbee is every bit as good as I expected they would be. Please rememeber that almost all of the blowout predictions were made by non-WO-S posters. I'm not surprised by the outcome. Silsbee's team definitely has my respect' date=' both now and before the game was played.

I'm really suprised at the talk of no handshakes during the coin toss. That is totally unlike WO-S. If this truly did occur, the coaches will address this. The WO-S coaches are serious and strict about instilling good sportsmanship in their team. It's always been that way.[/quote']

I find it very hard to believe we would act like that. I promise you that if the coaches knew, well you dont want to know!!! :shock:

I don't think it's a no brainer' date=' and I wouldn't have been surprised at all if they would've went for two. You've got to try to win the game at some point, and with about two minutes left in the game or in OT, you're going to need to make a big play if want to win it. If there was a bunch of time left, that's one thing, but at the end of a big game, there's no reason to take it into OT if you think you can win it in regulation.[/quote']

Come on now GS, why would you go for two??? You have the best kicker in the area. Get the tie and try to win in overtime.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami