WO-S 20 Silsbee 13 Final/Comments

I swear if I hear how wo-s played there worst game tonight about dropped balls turnovers...etc I am going to freak. Someone said yalls turnovers where earned? Im sry but i dont get how ours wasnt either. I guess hitting the ball out of the qb's hand while hes about to pass is not earned =/. I dont want to hear crap about momentum changers because that happen to both teams tonight. Silsbee also had penalites that killed drives and other little stuff such as under throwing a wide open rec. Tam if you represented wo-s your self...everyone would'nt like you imo (you can reply back with I dont care with what people think about me blah blah blah), but you dont. I met some guys from wo-s tonight and they were some good guys. I dont think wo-s got "lucky" but I will say this. When bevil was going down on third down he was behind the 1st down marker for about 3 yards then he fumbled. It bounced right into the chest of a one of the wo-s guys and he got the first down by about 2 yards. Now if he would of went down with out fumbling silsbee would of got another chance from about the 50 with about 1:45 left but that didnt happen. None the less good game to wo-s and good luck in the playoffs.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man it sure must be hard carrying around such big ego's, but you WOS fans have earned it through the years ( alot of great teams ). It wasn't the usual we stomped someone tonight game for you guys was it? I'd probably be trying to reassure my self as well. I'm really proud of both teams. I was glad to be there. I met some of you tonight after the game and it's nice to have a face now to go along with some of the names. I had to poke a little fun at you guys, no disrespect intended.. Didn't get to meet you tam, but I still like ya...... :wink:

Man it sure must be hard carrying around such big ego's' date=' but you WOS fans have earned it through the years ( alot of great teams ). It wasn't the usual we stomped someone tonight game for you guys was it? I'd probably be trying to reassure my self as well. I'm really proud of both teams. I was glad to be there. I met some of you tonight after the game and it's nice to have a face now to go along with some of the names. I had to poke a little fun at you guys, no disrespect intended.. Didn't get to meet you tam, but I still like ya...... :wink:[/quote']

lol I like you too. :D Nobody invited me to the meet and greet afterwards...I would have came over.

I just don't get it . I have not read a post were it says Silsbee is the better team. If there is one let me know. I have read where it says Silsbee is a bettter team than WO-S is use to playing. And I'll say this again, WO-S played bad because Silsbee was there, Silsbee lost because WO-S was there.

Wet field both teams had to play on it, Refs both teams had them. Call it like it was a GREAT GAME!!!!

The word of the night was, without a doubt........RESPECT. Before the game, at the coin toss, the WOS captains refused to shake the hands of the Silsbee captains. This showed a lack of respect and a total absence of class. Both teams played great football, and the outcome could have gone either way. I don't see any way to argue that point? Either team could've walked off that field with a victory. Alot of people seem to have forgotten those post that read " WOS will be ready for Silsbee" and now reverted to "WOS played their worst game of the year". Silsbee showed their true colors tonight, and have proved that they will not be taken lightly. Crying shame these teams won't meet again. I hope that tonight Silsbee earned the respect of WOS, but more than anything I hope Kvilleballa doesnt have the heart to post for a week. Silsbee wins out in district 21-3A and makes a big dent in the playoffs.

Guest GoStangs

Really? From where I was sitting, it looked like everyone shook everyone's hands or were at least cordial to each other. I know after the game, both teams shook each other's hands, too.

I don't think the outcome could have gone either way tonight. It went the way it went, and that's about all you can say. To argue anything else is really stretching it.

That was exactly as it appeared. At the coin toss, probably 25-30 minutes before the game, the Mustang captains waved off the Silsbee captain's attempts to shake hands. Totally disrespectful and without class. Although it is widely agreed that these guys play is championship caliber, their attitude is not. Hope it catches up with them in the long run, too bad it wasnt tonight.

Guest GoStangs

The coin toss at midfield just prior to the game is what I saw. Everyone looked like they shook each other's hands. As for anyone's attitudes, let's not start throwing stones, please. It's a shame you all lost the game, but you did. I'm sorry someone may have done something to hurt your feelings, but it's time to move forward.

Gostangs,

When both teams return from their locker-rooms and the referee and the captains retake the field for the formal announcement ( if you will ) of the result of the coin toss, all was cordial. I am speaking of the actual coin toss, they didnt shake hands. I hope that Coach Hooks was the one with the integrity to tell his players to shake hands.

Guest GoStangs

The could've, should've, would've stuff is interesting to talk about, but it goes both ways. I'm just saying what happened tonight is the only thing that anyone can say with certainty, and it went WOS' way in this game. That's not taking anything away from the Tigers' efforts -- they played great. In the same respect, WOS did what they needed to do to win and prevailed tonight in what will be a memorable game.

92' date='

That was exactly as it appeared. At the coin toss, probably 25-30 minutes before the game, the Mustang captains waved off the Silsbee captain's attempts to shake hands. Totally disrespectful and without class. Although it is widely agreed that these guys play is championship caliber, their attitude is not. Hope it catches up with them in the long run, too bad it wasnt tonight.[/quote']

Tough loss tonight SHSenior07, get ready for next week. You still have 4 weeks to go. Whatever happened, good or bad, leave it there and take the game performance with you. Easier said than done I know.

Your teams got the attention it deserved tonight by most of the posters on this forum. You got my respect for sure.

Tigers Rule.

Well first i would like to say what a great game it was. I was ready for that district game that your on the edge of your seat. WOS was pretty low key tonite. They were not executing routes like they usually do. I was really impressed with the silsbee offense. They were clicking, but i think any team would with that size and speed. If silsbee was consistent, they would be a force to reckon with. On defense the mustangs looked great i tought. We were able to make plays and execute very well. On some plays we looked a little rusty, but hey that line was "huge." Both defenses played great, ut WOS had the better breaks.

And about all that blowout stuff, you cant judge it by other games. Sure people were saying that WOS would blow the tigers out, but when the field is wet and in those conditions every team is even. When the field is nice a muddy it is just the battle of the trenches. All the team speed and firm grips on the ball goes out the window.

Good Job Stangs and great effort Tigers!!

Oh ok, much opposition to this statement. Then, as much as i hate to do so, I' d like to point out that I have a particular insight into the matter that I'm assuming many of these other members do not. As i said, at the coin toss, the Stang captains waved off the advance of the Tiger captains to shake hand.

Guest GoStangs

Gostangs' date='

When both teams return from their locker-rooms and the referee and the captains retake the field for the formal announcement ( if you will ) of the result of the coin toss, all was cordial. I am speaking of the actual coin toss, they didnt shake hands. I hope that Coach Hooks was the one with the integrity to tell his players to shake hands.[/quote']

I didn't see the actual coin toss, so I can't say what happened. No need to harp on it, though. Both teams played well, though not mistake-free, and I thought it was a pretty clean game, overall. Hopefully, they'll go far in the playoffs this year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83