WO-S 20 Silsbee 13 Final/Comments

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was a good game with good timing (probably for both teams). It was a hard fought game. As for the overrated-ness...the players are not the ones predicting blowouts. They take each game for what it is.

As for the flags...I don't see where Silsbee has too much to complain about because the only major flag they received was the holding that called back the touchdown. The better team won tonight...not by a blowout, but a win is a win whether it's by 1 point or 99.

Congrats to Silsbee. You are a big and physical team. You played a heck of game and the sportsmanship after the game was nice to see. :wink:

Wow i sure am glad this was a blowout! I think WOS is kind of over-rated myself....They are good but if that was the #4 team in the state then silsbee should make it to the semifinals at least. Silsbee played one of the best games i have seen in a long time. If not for a few penalties and a big 3rd down conversion at the end of the game...who knows!

Great Game by both team and good luck to both in the playoffs!

Anyone think that ref on WOS's sideline was a little "flag happy?

Oh, you got excuses now. I guess you didn't see the turnovers and all the penalties that Wo-s did. This is something they never did before in a game and you still couldn't get it done. Silsbee played a good game, but Wo-s didn't play very well. Silsbee had a good game plan,it just didn't work in the second half.

Well we could say the Refs called a lousy game, and that's why Silsbee lost, or we could say WOS didn't look so good tonight because the field was wet, are it would have been a blow out as predicted, but what I saw were two very good teams, who were very evenly matched. Both with alot of talent in their own right. No excuses here. Both teams should be very proud of their performances tonight. It was one of those games that keeps southeast Texas football fans packing the stadiums year after year. WOS wanted a challenge and they got one. Congrats to the Mustangs for a big win and alot of heart! Silsbee could have just as easily come away with the W tonight, but they definitely earned alot of respect. Good luck to both teams, and Thanx For A Very Exciting Night!!!!!

Question is' date=' was this the best game WOS played this year? They looked kind of shell shocked in the 1st half. Any way great game for both teams.[/quote']

No, not by a long shot...this is the worst game they have played...they don't turn the ball over and and kill their drives with penalties like they did tonight. The Dayton game is definately the best game that they had because it was against a good team and they didn't make turnovers.

Refs? Let's look at penalties: Both teams had a big TD called back. That's even. Otherwise:

penalties:

WO-S: 8 for 58 yards

Silsbee: 4 for 35 yards

Silsbee only had one more turnover than we did' date=' and two of the INTs that we got were EARNED.[/quote']

You know that is every teams favorite excuse is the Refs...let them believe that if it makes them feel better.

Sad people will taint what was a great game with all the excuses. The better team came out on top, but Silsbee gave them a heck of a fight. WO-S didn't play that poorly, but did seem to shoot themselves in the foot a time or two..Silsbee did as well. I think WO-S should pass the ball more often. A lot of weapons. The one thing that really concerns me about WO-S in the playoffs is depth. I don't doubt their conditioning because I know they are in great game shape, but they are thin on backups. I would imagine several JV players will be suiting up before long to get some varisty reps. before the playoffs roll around.

Just because they don't beat Silsbee 62-0 or 54-0 or w/e they have done, they play a bad game...what does a Silsbee team have to do to get some credit and just say WOS got more than they wanted tonight...I mean jeez, was it that they played bad or did Silsbee just shut them down because i wasn't that impressed with their offense, although their RB's are very slippery, but thats it.

Im not making excuses' date=' I was just pointing out that 3rd down conversion that was made at the end of the game. Just a what if.....[/quote']

Yeah, but there was alot of what ifs in this game. Wo-s had alot of chances to score with the screen pass and the ball was dropped, so of course in any game you could look at different things that could have happened that would have made the game go differently. The sign of a good team is when they have a bad game and they still find a way to win and Wo-s was determined that they wasn't gonna lose this game and they made plays in the second half, both on offense and defense.

Great game by Silsbee. I interviewed Coach Magallion after the game and he told me that was the best game Silsbee has played all year. As i said earlier if Silsbee can keep playing that good they will go along way in the playoffs. That was the worst performance all year by WOS, Penalities and turnovers. Good luck to both teams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly - a great team finds a way to win on their worst night. This was a perfect example. It was our worst performance of the year, but we got the W. I'm not discrediting Silsbee - they played a great game. But WO-S wasn't fired up, they were sloppy (matching their turnover total for the year) and they didn't do what was working (passing the ball over the middle). We got the win. Was it our worst game? Yes - either this one or Bay City.

Silsbee has a very good team. Our best game was probably against Dayton. Dayton is a GREAT team this year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder