Houston Worthing at Jasper Game Thread/Jasper Wins/Comments

WOSgrad

All in all, any win is a good win. The Bulldogs did play a little better tonight. Still had to many penalties, but showed some signs of improvement there. The O-line from Worthing was BIG on the left side. They scored on their first possession and Jasper kept them out after that. Less mistakes on the offensive side tonight and better tackling by the defense and yes they had a very fast QB and RB. The Dawgs are still young and not there yet. Need to cut down more on penalties and work on execution. Armstrong was strong tonight. Fought for hard yards. Morrisey was good til he suffered an injury and Middleton did fine moving to the Qb spot. They would be fine with him there if Morrisey is hurt. Defense really tackled better and special teams was good. If they keep improving more they will be better. They cannot afford to go backwards. This is a tough schedule Jasper has to tackle. Started with three 4A's and WOS. The boys are playing well considering.

MOST IMPORTANT: THEY ARE NOT QUITTING AND ARE PLAYING WITH EFFORT SO FAR. GOOD JOB ON THAT!   

very ugly win tonight way to many penalties.i would like to see the yards on just jumping off sides. when are these coaches gonna go back to fundamental football.there are no way a d-lineman should jump off sides watch the dang football we had 10 of those.and the qb position should be middletons he moved the offense very well.and the youth still is coming out some one has to step up and be a leader.

You are right on the penalties. Coachin em up should get some of that stuff out of the way. I would also just like to see this offense with Middleton at QB and Morrisey's speed coming out of the tailback position. I personally think it would work better and the offense would blossom. Screens with Morrisey? Oh yes, that would be nice. I will support him at QB though because I am not sure this coach is going to give in to changing anything. Now would be the time and with Morrisey banged up, the opportunity is there to let Middleton go and he may have to go at QB, NOT that I am wishing for Morrisey to be hurt. I pray he is ok, he is a warrior and good player. 

[quote name="Jbdfan" post="844266" timestamp="1284181721"]
You are right on the penalties. Coachin em up should get some of that stuff out of the way. I would also just like to see this offense with Middleton at QB and Morrisey's speed coming out of the tailback position. I personally think it would work better and the offense would blossom. Screens with Morrisey? Oh yes, that would be nice. I will support him at QB though because I am not sure this coach is going to give in to changing anything. Now would be the time and with Morrisey banged up, the opportunity is there to let Middleton go and he may have to go at QB, NOT that I am wishing for Morrisey to be hurt. I pray he is ok, he is a warrior and good player.   
[/quote]We need to run the spread alot more with a two back set and run the option off of that with armstrong and morrisey at the RB and middleton at QB. D-line and the O-line need to wake up but they did ok tonight and these coaches need to wake up I understand you not want to show everything till dist. but you have to open up that PLAYBOOK!!!!!

[quote name="Land95" post="844402" timestamp="1284211435"]
[quote author=Jbdfan link=topic=72786.msg844266#msg844266 date=1284181721]
[/quote]We need to run the spread alot more with a two back set and run the option off of that with armstrong and morrisey at the RB and middleton at QB. D-line and the O-line need to wake up but they did ok tonight and these coaches need to wake up I understand you not want to show everything till dist. but you have to open up that PLAYBOOK!!!!!
[/quote]

Nope, we're going Stack I all the way baby!  ::)

[quote name="JB94" post="844428" timestamp="1284213458"]
[quote author=Land95 link=topic=72786.msg844402#msg844402 date=1284211435]
[/quote]

[/quote]Stack I will have us sitting at home come playoff time >:( >:(

[quote name="Land95" post="844491" timestamp="1284219104"]
[quote author=JB94 link=topic=72786.msg844428#msg844428 date=1284213458]
[quote author=Land95 link=topic=72786.msg844402#msg844402 date=1284211435]
[/quote]

[/quote]Stack I will have us sitting at home come playoff time >:( >:(
[/quote]

I'm afraid so.

[quote name="KFDM COOP" post="844591" timestamp="1284228595"]
What's the problem in Jasper? Young?
[/quote]Young yes but they are getting better each game and the coach's need to get some beef on that D-Line cause we have kids on the line that are 150-175 going up against 6-3 6-4 260 O-Linemen getting pused every were and when that happens your LB can't do there jobs. And that Stack I is ok but you have to mix it up speard the filed [b]OPEN UP THE DARN PLAYBOOK ARE YOU WILL BE AT HOME COME PLAYOFF TIME[/b]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder