Best place to eat in Conroe?

Guest Bearball18

Guest jhamilton
[quote name="jake94" post="841330" timestamp="1283888942"]
Margaritas & Peppers on Loop 336 just off of 105. Also on Loop 336 is another Mexican restaurant called Margaritas. Both are very good.
[/quote]

If you go to Margartias get the shrimp cocktail as appeitzer. sp There is aslo a Outback there.

If you want good, really good (& not chain).

Check out their menu:

http://kuntrykatfish.com/

4 miles West of I-45, on Hwy 105
5901 W. Davis
Conroe Texas 77304

Made my first visit Sunday (after hearing about it for years).  Had the blackened catfish.  Excellent.  This is a place where you may have to wait a few minutes just to get seated.  But it is worth it!

Patrons we asked while waiting said everything on the menu is good.  One recommended their "Good Pie".  Tried it.  and it WAS good.

Take Hwy 105 from Beaumont to Conroe, take a right like you are going I-45 North, stay on the access road about 1/2 mile, look on your right for a place called ''Chuy's''. Best Mexican food I have ever had. Order the fajita enchilada dinner with the green sauce. Their jalapeno ranch dip is to die for. Made a special trip and bought over $100 worth of dip for me and some co-workers.

The largest concentration of restaurants in Conroe is located by the stadium at the intersection of the North Loop 336 and I-45.
For a larger selection when you get to the loop in Conroe, head south to I-45 and go down to the Woodlands which is about eight miles south.  You will find any restaurant there that floats your boat along I-45 by the Woodlands Mall.

[quote name="baddog" post="841510" timestamp="1283906046"]
Take Hwy 105 from Beaumont to Conroe, take a right like you are going I-45 North, stay on the access road about 1/2 mile, look on your right for a place called ''Chuy's''. Best Mexican food I have ever had. Order the fajita enchilada dinner with the green sauce. Their jalapeno ranch dip is to die for. Made a special trip and bought over $100 worth of dip for me and some co-workers.
[/quote]

Chuy's is really good, especially that jalapeño ranch! ;)

[quote name="baddog" post="841529" timestamp="1283907002"]
Hey, how did you get the thing over the ''N''?

I've eaten at Margarita's too. Didn't know there was one in Conroe.....mine was in Round Rock. still think Chuy's is better.  ;D
[/quote]
chuy's is definitely better imo. 

[quote autctiohor=baddog link=topic=72624.msg841510#msg841510 date=1283906046]
[/quote]

Actually, Chuy's is just north of Research Forest on the north feeder between Research and 242.  It is just up from the Woodforest Stadium.

The directions above with the previous poster would be Los Cucos in Conroe.  This is a very good option as well. 

[quote name="jake94" post="841330" timestamp="1283888942"]
Margaritas & Peppers on Loop 336 just off of 105. Also on Loop 336 is another Mexican restaurant called Margaritas. Both are very good.
[/quote]

Margaritas on the loop is good but warning, DO NOT have more than one of their margaritas or you will need to get a room and spend the night.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder