Texas State

[quote name="YouCanUseaMint" post="842530" timestamp="1284063109"]
[quote author=HoopInsider_Cooper link=topic=72367.msg839642#msg839642 date=1283661022]
[font=Courier]SW Texas State still want to play with the big boys? Houston could have scored 150 on them.[/font]
[/quote]

I love the trash talk from a start-up program.. You're right, they could have scored 150; they have an incredible offense and a Heisman candidate QB. What did you expect?
[/quote]

That guy is a UH alumni and fan.  And I doubt they could have hung 150 myself.  Didn't see the game or talk to anyone, maybe they could have gotten a few more scores but 150 is a a bit inflated.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="YouCanUseaMint" post="842530" timestamp="1284063109"]
[quote author=HoopInsider_Cooper link=topic=72367.msg839642#msg839642 date=1283661022]
[font=Courier]SW Texas State still want to play with the big boys? Houston could have scored 150 on them.[/font]
[/quote]

I love the trash talk from a start-up program.. You're right, they could have scored 150; they have an incredible offense and a Heisman candidate QB. What did you expect?
[/quote]

That comment came from a UH alumnus (HoopInsider). I don't think we are trash talking about any program.

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="837126" timestamp="1283479572"]
This will get your fired up UNLV!  Just saw on the Texas State Football site where they have announced a 13,500 seat expansion to Bobcat stadium that will start after the 2011 season.  It will bring that stadium capacity to about 28-29k.  Looks like they are getting ready for a move to FBS football.  Lamar needs to be getting their expansion plans "construction ready" in case they need to move quickly.
[/quote]

what in the worlds does texas st need with more seating?? they could give tickets away for free and still have 75% left

[quote name="puddin tane" post="844655" timestamp="1284233601"]
[quote author=NorthoftheBorder link=topic=72367.msg837126#msg837126 date=1283479572]
This will get your fired up UNLV!  Just saw on the Texas State Football site where they have announced a 13,500 seat expansion to Bobcat stadium that will start after the 2011 season.  It will bring that stadium capacity to about 28-29k.  Looks like they are getting ready for a move to FBS football.  Lamar needs to be getting their expansion plans "construction ready" in case they need to move quickly.
[/quote]

what in the worlds does texas st need with more seating?? they could give tickets away for free and still have 75% left
[/quote]

So they'll look attractive to a FBS conference.  I was lurking on the message board and they are expecting maybe 12K for their home opener today.

[quote name="puddin tane" post="844655" timestamp="1284233601"]
[quote author=NorthoftheBorder link=topic=72367.msg837126#msg837126 date=1283479572]
[/quote]

[/quote]

They did give away season tickets to all their graduates for a while(not sure if they still do)...it was in an effort to increase attendance and I think to make em feel better about being face raped on fees in an effort to fund the programs move to fbs...still have a half empty stadium every week...

[quote name="kingkat99" post="844709" timestamp="1284235765"]
[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=72367.msg844655#msg844655 date=1284233601]
[/quote]

[/quote]

They did give away season tickets to all their graduates for a while(not sure if they still do)...it was in an effort to increase attendance and I think to make em feel better about being face raped on fees in an effort to fund the programs move to fbs...still have a half empty stadium every week...
[/quote]

[i]They did give away season tickets to [u]all their graduates[/u] for a while[/i]
all 3 of em?  GO BIG RED

[quote name="YouCanUseaMint" post="845444" timestamp="1284305975"]
Where is all of the hate coming from? Sure we don't have the best attendance, but we aren't going to get into an FBS conference with a top-rate FCS stadium.

Trust me, I wish we could get more than 13,700 for a Division 2 team, but we aren't there yet. Though, a positive note is that all but one of our premium suites are sold.
[/quote]

you want [b]LOVE[/b] on a Lamar board? that will come right after a group hug with Slam Houston and pigs flying.....

Guest wildcat58
I cant for the life of me figure out the stupid subject of lamar going FBS. For what? We have had no football for 21 years, now we are back with a great FCS! facility and some good local talent. We can recruit and take athletes from Mcneese and SFA and other schools and in a few years have an opportunity to establish a solid program at the FCS level. We could maybe become like Montana, Appalachian St,and Richmond and have a annually ranked team. In doing so we could have continued local excitement, success, and a full stadium, and compete for a real FCS championship settled on the field.I love texas football at all levels and understand somewhat the desire to play at a higher level , but to what end?  Your dreaming if you think lamar could ever recruit well enough to challenge any big schools. What is the purpose of playing on a FCS level and bringing big schools in to play here.yeah that would be great  TCU 68 Lamar 3,  Texas ATM 51 lamar 10,  Uof H 65 lamar 16  baylor 47  lamar 13, yeah that would be great fun. Hey look at us , look what we did, we went FCS and brought in big name schools for all to see, and in our first three years we went 5-31-0. We beat 2 FBS teams and UL monroe, North tx, and Ark state. wow! now the area fans we could have made happy being a solid FCS team now do not care to support a losing program. Complaints begin, meetings are held,football is to expensive and BOOM right back to 1989. No football. Be glad we are back let us prosper at this level in the SLC. Go Big RED.

[quote name="wildcat58" post="846008" timestamp="1284347380"]
I cant for the life of me figure out the stupid subject of lamar going FBS. For what? We have had no football for 21 years, now we are back with a great FCS! facility and some good local talent. We can recruit and take athletes from Mcneese and SFA and other schools and in a few years have an opportunity to establish a solid program at the FCS level. We could maybe become like Montana, Appalachian St,and Richmond and have a annually ranked team. In doing so we could have continued local excitement, success, and a full stadium, and compete for a real FCS championship settled on the field.I love texas football at all levels and understand somewhat the desire to play at a higher level , but to what end?  Your dreaming if you think lamar could ever recruit well enough to challenge any big schools. What is the purpose of playing on a FCS level and bringing big schools in to play here.yeah that would be great  TCU 68 Lamar 3,  Texas ATM 51 lamar 10,  Uof H 65 lamar 16  baylor 47  lamar 13, yeah that would be great fun. Hey look at us , look what we did, we went FCS and brought in big name schools for all to see, and in our first three years we went 5-31-0. We beat 2 FBS teams and UL monroe, North tx, and Ark state. wow! now the area fans we could have made happy being a solid FCS team now do not care to support a losing program. Complaints begin, meetings are held,football is to expensive and BOOM right back to 1989. No football. Be glad we are back let us prosper at this level in the SLC. Go Big RED.
[/quote]

Good post, I would not mind Lamar staying FCS a while and competing in the playoffs year in and year out and who knows maybe a National Title.  Think about it, since the SLC now is the sponsor or whatever there are for the FCS National championship game so the NC game is in Frisco just think of all the Lamar fans that would be able to make the drive up to watch the game.

I cant for the life of me figure out the stupid subject of lamar going FBS. For what? We have had no football for 21 years, now we are back with a great FCS! facility and some good local talent. We can recruit and take athletes from Mcneese and SFA and other schools and in a few years have an opportunity to establish a solid program at the FCS level. We could maybe become like Montana, Appalachian St,and Richmond and have a annually ranked team. In doing so we could have continued local excitement, success, and a full stadium, and compete for a real FCS championship settled on the field.I love texas football at all levels and understand somewhat the desire to play at a higher level , but to what end?  Your dreaming if you think lamar could ever recruit well enough to challenge any big schools. What is the purpose of playing on a FCS level and bringing big schools in to play here.yeah that would be great  TCU 68 Lamar 3,   Texas ATM 51 lamar 10,   Uof H 65 lamar 16  baylor 47  lamar 13, yeah that would be great fun. Hey look at us , look what we did, we went FCS and brought in big name schools for all to see, and in our first three years we went 5-31-0. We beat 2 FBS teams and UL monroe, North tx, and Ark state. wow! now the area fans we could have made happy being a solid FCS team now do not care to support a losing program. Complaints begin, meetings are held,football is to expensive and BOOM right back to 1989. No football. Be glad we are back let us prosper at this level in the SLC. Go Big RED.

[/quote]

this is the smartest post that ive seen so far concerning Lamar football... 8)

[quote name="puddin tane" post="845961" timestamp="1284345669"]
[quote author=YouCanUseaMint link=topic=72367.msg845444#msg845444 date=1284305975]
Where is all of the hate coming from? Sure we don't have the best attendance, but we aren't going to get into an FBS conference with a top-rate FCS stadium.

Trust me, I wish we could get more than 13,700 for a Division 2 team, but we aren't there yet. Though, a positive note is that all but one of our premium suites are sold.
[/quote]

you want [b]LOVE[/b] on a Lamar board? that will come right after a group hug with Slam Houston and pigs flying.....
[/quote]
Slam Houston? Lol. Why do you care what goes on at Prison U again?

[quote name="WOS95" post="846228" timestamp="1284381583"]
[quote author=wildcat58 link=topic=72367.msg846008#msg846008 date=1284347380]
I cant for the life of me figure out the stupid subject of lamar going FBS. For what? We have had no football for 21 years, now we are back with a great FCS! facility and some good local talent. We can recruit and take athletes from Mcneese and SFA and other schools and in a few years have an opportunity to establish a solid program at the FCS level. We could maybe become like Montana, Appalachian St,and Richmond and have a annually ranked team. In doing so we could have continued local excitement, success, and a full stadium, and compete for a real FCS championship settled on the field.I love texas football at all levels and understand somewhat the desire to play at a higher level , but to what end?  Your dreaming if you think lamar could ever recruit well enough to challenge any big schools. What is the purpose of playing on a FCS level and bringing big schools in to play here.yeah that would be great  TCU 68 Lamar 3,   Texas ATM 51 lamar 10,   Uof H 65 lamar 16  baylor 47  lamar 13, yeah that would be great fun. Hey look at us , look what we did, we went FCS and brought in big name schools for all to see, and in our first three years we went 5-31-0. We beat 2 FBS teams and UL monroe, North tx, and Ark state. wow! now the area fans we could have made happy being a solid FCS team now do not care to support a losing program. Complaints begin, meetings are held,football is to expensive and BOOM right back to 1989. No football. Be glad we are back let us prosper at this level in the SLC. Go Big RED.
;D

[/quote]

[/quote]

[quote name="77" post="846262" timestamp="1284384699"]
[quote author=WOS95 link=topic=72367.msg846228#msg846228 date=1284381583]
[quote author=wildcat58 link=topic=72367.msg846008#msg846008 date=1284347380]
;D

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote] Amen

I cant for the life of me figure out the stupid subject of lamar going FBS. For what? We have had no football for 21 years, now we are back with a great FCS! facility and some good local talent. We can recruit and take athletes from Mcneese and SFA and other schools and in a few years have an opportunity to establish a solid program at the FCS level. We could maybe become like Montana, Appalachian St,and Richmond and have a annually ranked team. In doing so we could have continued local excitement, success, and a full stadium, and compete for a real FCS championship settled on the field.I love texas football at all levels and understand somewhat the desire to play at a higher level , but to what end?  Your dreaming if you think lamar could ever recruit well enough to challenge any big schools. What is the purpose of playing on a FCS level and bringing big schools in to play here.yeah that would be great  TCU 68 Lamar 3,   Texas ATM 51 lamar 10,   Uof H 65 lamar 16  baylor 47  lamar 13, yeah that would be great fun. Hey look at us , look what we did, we went FCS and brought in big name schools for all to see, and in our first three years we went 5-31-0. We beat 2 FBS teams and UL monroe, North tx, and Ark state. wow! now the area fans we could have made happy being a solid FCS team now do not care to support a losing program. Complaints begin, meetings are held,football is to expensive and BOOM right back to 1989. No football. Be glad we are back let us prosper at this level in the SLC. Go Big RED.
[/quote]The samething was said when football was dropped. LU dropping football means more money for basketball therefore LU can become this
big time basketball school and the community will come out in support. The very same logic. BTW, Lamar beat national ranked Baylor, but lets forget that and
pretend it away so we can focus on your fake " baylor 47  lamar 13".

Think small, win nothing.

[quote name="UNLV" post="846292" timestamp="1284386738"]Think small, win nothing.
[/quote]

UNLV, two things continue to amaze me on this board: your unfounded disdain for TexasTerror and your obsession with Lamar Football's status.  Wildcat58 comes along and makes a well-justified post about how Lamar needs to advance with caution, and as usual your reply brings nothing to the table other than Lamar's biggest football success that happened 30 years ago.  You obviously have no understanding of things like feasibility studies.  I, for one, am glad that the leadership of Lamar responsible for bringing football back does not have your "we just need to . . ." attitude--LU would likely be bankrupt with a lot of people asking where the justification was for doing what they did. 

So, I'll ask you the same.  Whereas you haven't really ever provided backing to support your reasoning, please now provide us with some justification regarding LU's capacity to move up to FBS.  I'm looking for your financial estimates as well as your expectations of income and expectations of our results on the field after the move, in particular.  Let us decide if your criticisms for us not doing it match how easily you think it can be accomplished.  And please response with something more than your typical one or two sentence diatribe.  If you rather choose to attack me in your post, I'll assume you cannot provide these justifications. 

I cant for the life of me figure out the stupid subject of lamar going FBS. For what? We have had no football for 21 years, now we are back with a great FCS! facility and some good local talent. We can recruit and take athletes from Mcneese and SFA and other schools and in a few years have an opportunity to establish a solid program at the FCS level. We could maybe become like Montana, Appalachian St,and Richmond and have a annually ranked team. In doing so we could have continued local excitement, success, and a full stadium, and compete for a real FCS championship settled on the field.I love texas football at all levels and understand somewhat the desire to play at a higher level , but to what end?  Your dreaming if you think lamar could ever recruit well enough to challenge any big schools. What is the purpose of playing on a FCS level and bringing big schools in to play here.yeah that would be great  TCU 68 Lamar 3,   Texas ATM 51 lamar 10,   Uof H 65 lamar 16  baylor 47  lamar 13, yeah that would be great fun. Hey look at us , look what we did, we went FCS and brought in big name schools for all to see, and in our first three years we went 5-31-0. We beat 2 FBS teams and UL monroe, North tx, and Ark state. wow! now the area fans we could have made happy being a solid FCS team now do not care to support a losing program. Complaints begin, meetings are held,football is to expensive and BOOM right back to 1989. No football. Be glad we are back let us prosper at this level in the SLC. Go Big RED.
[/quote]Excellent...hits the nail right on the head!

You can count me in the "think big" crowd.  I am ecstactic the program is back and all the support it is receiving.  I hope that the support stays at near this level during the next few years where it will be up and down.  I also hope that LU will work hard to improve and grow the program to national heights in the FCS level we are now while always being in tune to the potential to elevate it to the top if the opportunity presents itself.  That is the key, always wanting to better your self but being smart about it.  I am excited we won our first game, but surely would rather be playing North Texas, La Tech, Ark State et al at home than the Webber International's down the road.  And using the logic of previous posts on the board, maybe coach Woodard needs to cancel some of the games that have been scheduled for the future.  We are reaching out to far I guess.

[quote name="SabineRavine" post="846325" timestamp="1284389086"]
[quote author=UNLV link=topic=72367.msg846292#msg846292 date=1284386738]Think small, win nothing.
[/quote]

UNLV, two things continue to amaze me on this board: your unfounded disdain for TexasTerror and your obsession with Lamar Football's status.  Wildcat58 comes along and makes a well-justified post about how Lamar needs to advance with caution, and as usual your reply brings nothing to the table other than Lamar's biggest football success that happened 30 years ago.  You obviously have no understanding of things like feasibility studies.  I, for one, am glad that the leadership of Lamar responsible for bringing football back does not have your "we just need to . . ." attitude--LU would likely be bankrupt with a lot of people asking where the justification was for doing what they did. 

So, I'll ask you the same.  Whereas you haven't really ever provided backing to support your reasoning, please now provide us with some justification regarding LU's capacity to move up to FBS.  I'm looking for your financial estimates as well as your expectations of income and expectations of our results on the field after the move, in particular.  Let us decide if your criticisms for us not doing it match how easily you think it can be accomplished.  And please response with something more than your typical one or two sentence diatribe.  If you rather choose to attack me in your post, I'll assume you cannot provide these justifications. 
[/quote]One of those LU leaders said it very clear, I-AA/FCS will not work in Beaumont. I know I know, lets pretend he didn't said it and go back to dreaming
about big success and filled stands at the Lamar vs Kingsville game.

As I expected UNLV you delivered . . . two sentences.  And avoided the question I asked regarding your justifications.  

So, to make it simpler for you, for the first round I will frame my questions so that you can simply reply and fill in under each.  This is regarding your justification for our need to quickly move up to FBS.  I am curious to see your rationale, or whether you have thought those out.  

Expected average home attendance each year over the next five if we stay in FCS.  You can use SELU as a good comparson if you need a model.

Expected average home attendance each year over the next five years if we go FBS (were we to begin play in 2012).

Expected annual operating cost if we move to FBS (including travel).  You can list the difference between the current (FCS) budget if you'd like.

Expected annual [i]increase[/i] in revenues expected if we move to FBS.

Expectation of the biggest non-conference team you expect we will host IN BEAUMONT each of the first five years of FBS.

FBS requirements we will currently need to address in order to officially be eligible for FBS, and how long (months) it will take to make those adjustments.  

Expected enrollment increase if Lamar becomes an FBS program.

Expected season record of LU football over the first five years if we go FBS (list expected FCS season record next to each in parentheses)

These are basic questions from any feasibility study, with a couple added specific to the sport.  Please be prepared to justify your answers.  This is only for you, UNLV, so I'm hoping others don't reply with their estimates.  You are highly critical of others who want to take a slower, rational approach.  As a result, I would just like to see the logical basis for your obsession with Lamar moving up to FBS as quick as you want.

Just for the record, I am not against LU moving up. I just want TXST to be one of the last teams to make the move (for selfish reasons). We are in a similar boat here in San Marcos in that if we want to raise the level of prestige of Texas State, we can't keep playing marginal FCS football. Not sure about Lamar, but we have shown in FCS, having more money will not give you more wins. Texas, California, and Florida are all football states with many FBS programs, which is why you don't see consistent top-rate FCS programs out of these three.

My beef with many on here is it seems like you want to transition NOW. All I am saying is this stuff takes time. At all times, even outside of expansion season, Lamar needs to be doing EVERYTHING it can to make itself pretty for the dance. Upgrade your facilities, increase your budget, work on community support, etc. Once you are done with construction for one project, don't let the momentum stop. Announce another project and quickly find funding.

To those who are against the move, you all have very good points on why this does not make sense. Will revenues increase? They could, but probably not. Will travel expenses increase? Absolutely - especially if the WAC is your preferred destination. Could you become the next ULM? You very well could, even more so if you don't do something about increasing your budget. But at the end of the day, if your goal is to see healthy FBS/BCS programs play on your turf (which will have an extreme boost to school pride and identity), you are out of luck.

[quote name="SabineRavine" post="846369" timestamp="1284392695"]
As I expected UNLV you delivered . . . two sentences.  And avoided the question I asked regarding your justifications.  

So, to make it simpler for you, for the first round I will frame my questions so that you can simply reply and fill in under each.  This is regarding your justification for our need to quickly move up to FBS.  I am curious to see your rationale, or whether you have thought those out.  

Expected average home attendance each year over the next five if we stay in FCS.  You can use SELU as a good comparson if you need a model.

Expected average home attendance each year over the next five years if we go FBS (were we to begin play in 2012).

Expected annual operating cost if we move to FBS (including travel).  You can list the difference between the current (FCS) budget if you'd like.

Expected annual [i]increase[/i] in revenues expected if we move to FBS.

Expectation of the biggest non-conference team you expect we will host IN BEAUMONT each of the first five years of FBS.

FBS requirements we will currently need to address in order to officially be eligible for FBS, and how long (months) it will take to make those adjustments.  

Expected enrollment increase if Lamar becomes an FBS program.

Expected season record of LU football over the first five years if we go FBS (list expected FCS season record next to each in parentheses)

These are basic questions from any feasibility study, with a couple added specific to the sport.  Please be prepared to justify your answers.  This is only for you, UNLV, so I'm hoping others don't reply with their estimates.  You are highly critical of others who want to take a slower, rational approach.  As a result, I would just like to see the logical basis for your obsession with Lamar moving up to FBS as quick as you want.

[/quote]I don't have time to answer your questions now, maybe tonight. However I do expect all numbers to go up in FBS.
5 years from now playing FCS, I expect average 10k home average attendance playing non-conference Incarnate or Mississippi college.
5 years from now playing FBS, I expect average 25k home average attendance playing non-conference Baylor or Oklahoma st.

The FBS door is open now, in 5 years that door maybe closed. Why is that so hard to undrertstand?

[quote name="YouCanUseaMint" post="846381" timestamp="1284393561"]To those who are against the move, you all have very good points on why this does not make sense. Will revenues increase? They could, but probably not. Will travel expenses increase? Absolutely - especially if the WAC is your preferred destination. Could you become the next ULM? You very well could, even more so if you don't do something about increasing your budget. But at the end of the day, if your goal is to see healthy FBS/BCS programs play on your turf (which will have an extreme boost to school pride and identity), you are out of luck.
[/quote]Why do you not use this to oppose Texas st moving up?

I don't see it as UNLV being critical in any way of the tremendous progress that has been made in bringing fooball back.  When Coach Gilliagan says this is the biggest event on campus in his tenure here, that is pretty solid as to how big this is.  And I think that LU should be greatly commended for at least starting at the FCS level instead of DII which some on this board advocated when the effort was first starting to happen to bring it back.  I sense a degree of hostility that in my opinion is out of bounds for someone who I think just want's LU to be big time.  Obviously, Ravine your points on feasibility studies are well taken and I know that I do not (nor do I believe UNLV does) advocate leaping blindly, but I also think that this study should be done soon with the changing landscape of college athletics.  I think that discussions with the major Alumns/Supporters should be held in confidence to see if LU were afforded an the chance to move to a BCS conference in the future would the funding be there to take that step.  If it is out of the reach, then so be it.  All the while, we can continue the great strides we are currently experiencing bringing it back and the fans can enjoy and support it.  I just don't agree with the thinking that we "can't so lets don't even try" position and from all that I have read from your friend UNLV, I think he feels the same.  

[quote name="UNLV" post="846413" timestamp="1284397120"]
[quote author=YouCanUseaMint link=topic=72367.msg846381#msg846381 date=1284393561]To those who are against the move, you all have very good points on why this does not make sense. Will revenues increase? They could, but probably not. Will travel expenses increase? Absolutely - especially if the WAC is your preferred destination. Could you become the next ULM? You very well could, even more so if you don't do something about increasing your budget. But at the end of the day, if your goal is to see healthy FBS/BCS programs play on your turf (which will have an extreme boost to school pride and identity), you are out of luck.
[/quote]Why do you not use this to oppose Texas st moving up?
[/quote]
Because if you read the first paragraph, I don't think Texas, California, or Florida can produce an FCS team like App St. and I would like to see name opponents come to Bobcat Stadium which ain't happening at FCS.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• We'll see. I don't trust us. 
    • Starting pitching has been shaky the last few weeks due to some injuries outside of Hagen Smith.  He goes tomorrow, so y’all should be fine 
    • Manchin may get it but any mention of the radical left that wanted to get rid of the filibuster and end almost 220 years of history because the Democrats are mad?  The House and Senate are obviously different legislative bodies with entirely different election processes and rules for a reason. The House can vote on laws with a simple majority vote. The Senate put rules in place that it would make it much tougher to pass laws. Laws should be difficult to pass. The Senate is often the holdup of the right and left. It takes 60 votes to break the filibuster so any law will almost certainly require agreement at least in part, from opposing sides of an issue. Because they can’t get laws passed, the radical left is like a baby having a tantrum and wants to change over 200 years of history and make it potentially ridiculously easy to pass laws. I have seen current poll maps and it is possible for the Republicans to sweep into complete power in November but by the tiniest margin. That would possibly mean that a single vote margin in both houses could enact what you might call the radical right laws. There would be nothing that the Democrats could do to stop any legislation whatsoever if the left (they are all radical, minus Manchin) got their filibuster rule changed.  That is where the current filibuster comes into play as any new law would require several Democrats to agree with the majority Republicans and vice versa.  Do you want the potential for your radical right to have free rein as the radical left wants by killing the filibuster or is the radical left just as (if not more) dangerous? Let’s see if we have a history in this area? Oh yeah, the Democrats changed the rules in the Senate to allow federal judges to not have to overcome the filibuster. Obama was not getting his federal judge nominations passed and being angry, they changed the rules instead of nominating more moderate justices. They were warned that it would come back to bite them. They didn’t care and chose the nuclear option to change the rules. Oops! Any guess how Trump got all of his Supreme Court nominees passed against strong Democrat opposition? The Democrats got rid of the filibuster for federal judges after another tantrum   So when you are so worried about the radical right, are you equally concerned in what the radical left is always doing by changing rules and history which were put into place just for situations like we are in? So while Manchin gets it, what about his other 50 colleagues (49 + Harris)?  What concerns you more, Abbott and Paxton or the Democrats who want to make it to where if the Republicans do take over, they can go wild… at least in your mind? 
    • MODS please remove that ISD twitter link! I had no idea it would copy the whole posting. I only highlighted the portion about the venue change. Sorry about that!
  • Topics