west orange stark @ friendswood @ Deer Park

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="skipper" post="834901" timestamp="1283177878"]
lol :) .kicker your young kicker look good friday cant wait to see him  on FG. by the way kicker , what have you got his range down to now
[/quote]

Surely you are posting this in jest?!

I don't see why its ridiculous to predict a FW blowout.  WOS will not beat FW this year.  Any fan outside of of WOs would not think that is an absurd prediction.  I realize there is tremendous pride over there which is why some are taking offense to the outlandish predictions.  Ill tell you now that they are in store for offensive fire power they haven't seen.

[quote name="rjn75" post="835104" timestamp="1283194946"]
I don't see why its ridiculous to predict a FW blowout.  WOS will not beat FW this year.  Any fan outside of of WOs would not think that is an absurd prediction.  I realize there is tremendous pride over there which is why some are taking offense to the outlandish predictions.  Ill tell you now that they are in store for offensive fire power they haven't seen.
[/quote]

What you are saying may be true but this is not our first rodeo.We have seen teams with as much fire power you are talking about.Won some,lost some.

[quote name="GUNHO" post="835155" timestamp="1283201060"]
[quote author=rjn75 link=topic=71184.msg835104#msg835104 date=1283194946]
[/quote]

What you are saying may be true but this is not our first rodeo.We have seen teams with as much fire power you are talking about.Won some,lost some.
[/quote]

I agree. An unequalled tradition, amazing talent and outstanding coaching staff = WIN!  ;)

[quote name="w" post="835062" timestamp="1283192192"]
[quote author=skipper link=topic=71184.msg834901#msg834901 date=1283177878]
lol :) .kicker your young kicker look good friday cant wait to see him  on FG. by the way kicker , what have you got his range down to now
[/quote]

Surely you are posting this in jest?!
[/quote]

Skipper did you go to the wrong game. ??? ??? ???

Let me say there are clearly some 40 plus year old former WO-S players who were the real deal back in the 80s.  

Let me also say -- and I suspect almost everyone else in SETX will smile when they read this (but not admit it) -- that it's time to stop living on those old memories and dreams like they mean something on Friday, or this year, or next year.  

As folks from Dayton and Central have learned before you (and those teams are light years better than WO-S), that light you see coming at you is the REAL Mustangs, and the don't stop for road kill.   ;D

p.s.  Would some of you SETX folks give me some bad karma votes.  I am almost at 200 now!!  ;D

[quote name="FriendswoodFan" post="835319" timestamp="1283215981"]
Let me say there are clearly some 40 plus year old former WO-S players who were the real deal back in the 80s. [/quote]

2003 Kerry Franks (Texas A&M)
2004 Tommy Chavis (Missouri)
2005 Deon Beasley (Texas)
2006 Earl Thomas (Texas)
2006 Jacoby Franks (Texas Tech)
2009 Trey Franks (Oklahoma)
2009 James Haynes (Oklahoma)
Present- Mark Roberts (Houston)

Looks like we still have some players that are "the real deal". Again, lack of knowledge.  

[quote author=FriendswoodFan link=topic=71184.msg835319#msg835319 date=1283215981]
As folks from Dayton and Central have learned before you (and those teams are light years better than WO-S)[/quote]

We are 9-3 against Central and 3-0 against Dayton... light years??? LOL

There you go FF! Helped you with your karma. Its the least I could do after all the work you all have put into this thread. This will be a fun re-read on Saturday morning! Good luck to the Mustangs!
I'm pulling for WOS, but I wouldn't bet on them. I will bet that this will be a great game!

[quote name="Gasilla" post="835352" timestamp="1283218360"]
[quote author=FriendswoodFan link=topic=71184.msg835319#msg835319 date=1283215981]
Let me say there are clearly some 40 plus year old former WO-S players who were the real deal back in the 80s. [/quote]

2003 Kerry Franks (Texas A&M)
2004 Tommy Chavis (Missouri)
2005 Deon Beasley (Texas)
2006 Earl Thomas (Texas)
2006 Jacoby Franks (Texas Tech)
2009 Trey Franks (Oklahoma)
2009 James Haynes (Oklahoma)
Present- Mark Roberts (Houston)

Looks like we still have some players that are "the real deal". Again, lack of knowledge.  

As folks from Dayton and Central have learned before you (and those teams are light years better than WO-S)[/quote]

We are 9-3 against Central and 3-0 against Dayton... light years??? LOL
[/quote]

Gassy, gassy, gassy - stop living in the past!! Enjoy today!! Because Friday will be rough! Get your facts straight yourself, ever find that post I deleted? Tip - because I did not!!

[quote name="Homer" post="835460" timestamp="1283225443"]
fwstangs, you have no class.  You sound like someone who is not real used to winning and just goes crazy when it finally happens. ::)
[/quote]

And how exactly did I show no class vs Gassy who puts down folks and calls them Morons? How do I sound like some one who is not used to winning?? Now if taking the fictional users name and poking fun with it means I have no class, then there are a bunch of no class posters!

First, I don't really see where Gasilla is living in the past, and he has never once posted that WO-S would beat Friendswood.  I think for ya'll to guarantee a blowout is kind of crazy.  Everyone knows fwd is good this year, but you never know what can happen on a Friday night.  Barring injury, this game will do nothing but make WO-S a better team, but everyone knows fwd is supposed to win.  A big 4A that went several rounds deep last year returning a very good QB vs. a 3A team that lost out in the 1st round last year.  I know this, WO-S will fight tooth and nail for 48 minutes Friday night, and if you let them hang around, ......

I will also say that I have a strong feeling if fwd wins Friday ya'll will be on here hammering all the WO-S posters, and if ya'll lose you prolly won't be back till next year.  Meanwhile the WO-S people will be here even if it is ya'lls predicted blowout.

That would be a sore loser with no class, and what I was referring to, but hopefully you will have the opportunity to prove me wrong!! ;D

Good luck to both teams and hopefully it will be an injury free game on both sides!!

I will be back regardless of the outcome and I'm predicting a fW rout.  I'm not solely a fW fan but I do support them since I live in the area.  If fW was playing Katy my thought would be Katy would handle fW without issues. I would predict that in a Katy football forum.  Once again don't let us e hurt your fragile feelings.  Its not an outrageous prediction outside of West Orange.  I glanced at the week 1 pickem discussion and noticed how many folks picked WOS.  That's terriffic but most are thinking with their hearts and not their head.  If they were actually going to win something I suspect there would be far less WOS answers.

[quote name="Homer" post="835557" timestamp="1283258147"]
First, I don't really see where Gasilla is living in the past, and he has never once posted that WO-S would beat Friendswood.  I think for ya'll to guarantee a blowout is kind of crazy.  Everyone knows fwd is good this year, but you never know what can happen on a Friday night.  Barring injury, this game will do nothing but make WO-S a better team, but everyone knows fwd is supposed to win.  A big 4A that went several rounds deep last year returning a very good QB vs. a 3A team that lost out in the 1st round last year.  I know this, WO-S will fight tooth and nail for 48 minutes Friday night, and if you let them hang around, ......

I will also say that I have a strong feeling if fwd wins Friday ya'll will be on here hammering all the WO-S posters, and if ya'll lose you prolly won't be back till next year.  Meanwhile the WO-S people will be here even if it is ya'lls predicted blowout.

That would be a sore loser with no class, and what I was referring to, but hopefully you will have the opportunity to prove me wrong!! ;D

Good luck to both teams and hopefully it will be an injury free game on both sides!!
[/quote]

So you are predicting how I will behave and you do not know me. Believe me, after the Lake Travis thumping we came back and took our lumps. After Nederland beat us in baseball, I took my lumps.  First - I did not predict we would win in a blow out, I feel we will win just like Gasilla feels WOS will win. Where I reacted was when he kept pulling up the past peformance of a great WOS program. It is a great program with much more historical success than FW, we all know that. But that has no bearing on this game. I have also posted several times that we are glad our coach scheduled this game vs a good program. Did you see those postings? In addition the vast majority of the blowout predictions are from fellow SETX posters! There are a couple FW fans predicting that, more power to them! In addition, I do not think 21 point is a blow out to an explosive team, we never felt good about our lead vs Angleton because Diggs can score on any play! All of this is in good fun, and I posted that to Gasilla on some WOS forum that was just started back up. Anyhow - looking forward to a good game, all these predictions based on scrimmages, past performance, etc, mean nothing Friday and we all know that, we just have to talk about it before the game!!

PS - this post is where Gasilla got things stirred up - took our points about what we thought our strengths were and proceeded to tell us he is tired of that crap and brought up the past!! He also told me I make excuses - see the line about Dayton having the benefit of facing WOS in their first action and that Dayton played 3 more games last year - excuse. So - yes I am on him because we are accusing each other of doing the same thing the other is doing, kind of like politics - all good fun!!

[i]You know, I've been reading all you FW folks posts and I was thinking the same thing... I wish I had a dime for every team that has come into a game talking about how they would outsize us and out depth us... It don't matter, we face that crap all the time. And regardless of what happened in our scrimmage against Dayton, unless you FW people have had your head stuck in the sand for the last 20 yrs (inlcuding one FW pounding back in 2000), you should know that predicting a 20+ point blowout is foolish. Dayton had the benefit of getting us in our first action against another team this year. You won't have that benefit. They also played 3 more games than we did last year which makes a difference. Just make sure you guys don't disappear after all these lofty predictions... Oh yeah, you guys have also made it abundantly clear that you are 6-0 against Dayton... Dayton has never beaten us in a real game either...[/i]

i know fw likes to pass the ball a lot and does a good job at it... and so far this year wos has show they have some pretty good lock down cb... and some good safeties... i think this game will be a good test for fw passing game and a good test for wos pass defence.. should be interesting.

im going for wos but i thing fw wins this one 35 to 24

[quote name="fbfan09" post="835609" timestamp="1283263293"]
i know fw likes to pass the ball a lot and does a good job at it... and so far this year wos has show they have some pretty good lock down cb... and some good safeties... i think this game will be a good test for fw passing game and a good test for wos pass defence.. should be interesting.

im going for wos but i thing fw wins this one 35 to 24
[/quote]

I have heard good things about the WOS secondary - and that will change a game, lockdown corners are hard to find!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    xyurnnsw
    Newest Member
    xyurnnsw