A&M snatches up 2 members from the 4A state champions...

Chance Bolcerek and Ty Schlottmann have both committed to A&M.  These kids are something else.  Ty is a great dual sport athlete and Chance is my pick for 4A player of the year next year.  Check his stats and i'm sure you'll agree that he has a good shot at it.    

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="818599" timestamp="1279314329"]
Chance Bolcerek and Ty Schlottmann have both signed with A&M.  These kids are something else.  Ty is a great dual sport athlete and Chance is my pick for 4A player of the year next year.  Check his stats and i'm sure you'll agree that he has a good shot at it.   
[/quote] Thought they could not sign until Jan.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="BaseBow" post="818683" timestamp="1279362769"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=71050.msg818599#msg818599 date=1279314329]
Chance Bolcerek and Ty Schlottmann have both signed with A&M.  These kids are something else.  Ty is a great dual sport athlete and Chance is my pick for 4A player of the year next year.  Check his stats and i'm sure you'll agree that he has a good shot at it.    
[/quote] Thought they could not sign until Jan.
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure they have only made a "verbal" commitment up to this point.

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/nli/NLI/Signing+Dates/

EARLY SIGNING PERIOD PENALTIES: Prospective student-athletes who will participate in football are prohibited from signing an NLI during the early signing period for another sport. A student who signs an NLI during the early period in a sport other than football will be ineligible for practice and competition in the sport of football during the student's first year of enrollment at an NLI member institution and shall forfeit one season of competition in the sport of football. In circumstances where a student's primary sport is not football, but the student anticipates participating in football, the student should delay signing an NLI until either the football signing period or during the regular signing period for all other sports .

Bolcerek (CF) is a stud.  He hit .549 with 10 HRs and 63 RBI for the Cubs this year.  He was also 28/30 on stolen base attempts, so he should bring both power and speed to the Aggie lineup.  His 73 hits and .549 average were both school records.

Schlottmann (LHPP/OF) was the team's #2 starter behind senior Chase Wellbrook ( signee).  He went 9-2 with a 2.21 ERA and 93 Ks in 69.2 innings pitched.  He lost his first two games of the year and then bounced back to win 9 straight.  Apparently he had an ankle injury during football season that kept him out of preseason workouts and that he battled during the beginning of the season.  He also hit .333 with a HR and 23 RBI.  I'm not sure if A&M is recruiting him strictly as a pitcher or if they are going to give him a look in the outfield as well.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder