Game 7 Predictions

[quote name="evadalerebel4life" post="813425" timestamp="1276810293"]
La wins , enough said Kobe is Mr.Clutch and hes not gonna be beat . along with all the rest of the roster. the lakers right now are the dream team i dont care wat nobody says.
[/quote]

If Kobe is truly the Messiah(as so many of you believe) why has he not already "taken over the game"?

Congrats to the Lakers.  For those of you who continue to believe Kobe Bryant is the only player on the court, I would say that tonight he had very little to do with the victory.  Listening to Ron Artest speak at the end of the game, how articulate and impressive he was when he thanked his psychiatrist and those in his "hood" for making his performance possible.  What a well spoken and thoughful player.  Oh well, at least he didnt attack someone in the stands and did not try to promote a rap album.

Guest JoesBros
Getting outrebounded definetley hurt the Celtics. Plus it seemed like they couldnt buy a shot in the 4th quarter. Congrats to the Lakers and Im not a Kobe fan but he is a good player. Go Rockets  ;)

[quote name="wos08" post="813504" timestamp="1276842338"]
I haven't seen anyone here claim Kobe doesn't have a team. 

Obviously no one wins a championship by themself
[/quote]

I'm not talking about here...I'm talking about in the media. A lot of the media acts like they wouldn't be very good without Kobe...I disagree...still a playoff team without him. Might be a 7 or 8 seed...but the boys around him can play some ball.

[quote name="Rizon" post="813493" timestamp="1276833786"]
Kobe definately did not win it on his own tonight. He has a great team around him...I don't see why a lot of people don't see that. They have three 7 footers...that's rediculous. Their defense was great tonight. Anyone who doesn't see how important Kendrick is to the Celtics...we saw it tonight.
[/quote]

bynum and gasol are the only 2 seven footers that play.

and Lamar Odom is 6'10" (at least) and plays the 3 position.  The have the tallest lineup in the league.  Kobe definitely does not do it by himself.  Why he gets compared to Jordan I will never know.  As much as he tries to emulate the best, he's not close. 

The difference in the game was LA shooting 37 free throws and Boston only 17.  Really???  That's how a game 7 NBA championship is decided?  That's pathetic.  LA clearly got all of the calls down the stretch in the 4th quarter.  Every time Gasol touched the ball, they blew the whistle and rewarded his flops. 

[quote name="Aces_Full" post="813599" timestamp="1276881335"]
and Lamar Odom is 6'10" (at least) and plays the 3 position.  The have the tallest lineup in the league.  Kobe definitely does not do it by himself.  Why he gets compared to Jordan I will never know.  As much as he tries to emulate the best, he's not close. 

The difference in the game was LA shooting 37 free throws and Boston only 17.  Really???  That's how a game 7 NBA championship is decided?  That's pathetic.  LA clearly got all of the calls down the stretch in the 4th quarter.  Every time Gasol touched the ball, they blew the whistle and rewarded his flops. 
[/quote]

so wat u are sayin is jordan won championships by himself , as in he had a sorry team ?

No, what I am saying is that Jordan won championships with teams that were not as talented as Kobe's Lakers.  And I am saying that comparing Kobe to Jordan is asinine.  Jordan way way better.  Hell, Bird and Magic were better than Kobe.  And I am also saying that the Celtics got screwed by the refs last night.  It's nearly impossible to overcome a 37 to 17 difference in free throw attempts. 

[quote name="stevenash" post="813491" timestamp="1276833604"]
Congrats to the Lakers.  For those of you who continue to believe Kobe Bryant is the only player on the court, I would say that tonight he had very little to do with the victory.  Listening to Ron Artest speak at the end of the game, how articulate and impressive he was when he thanked his psychiatrist and those in his "hood" for making his performance possible.  What a well spoken and thoughful player.  Oh well, at least he didnt attack someone in the stands and did not try to promote a rap album.
[/quote]

He did mention some song he recorded...he's good at basketball but other than that he's garbage...he probably doesn't know what the hood looks like just trying to get somebody to buy one of his garbage tapes

[quote name="Aces_Full" post="813667" timestamp="1276896211"]
No, what I am saying is that Jordan won championships with teams that were not as talented as Kobe's Lakers.  And I am saying that comparing Kobe to Jordan is asinine.  Jordan way way better.  heck, Bird and Magic were better than Kobe.  And I am also saying that the Celtics got screwed by the refs last night.  It's nearly impossible to overcome a 37 to 17 difference in free throw attempts. 
[/quote]

Ya, that Scottie Pippen guy was a total scrub.

[quote author=Bucof2010 link=topic=70595.msg813681#msg813681 date=1276902158]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=70595.msg813491#msg813491 date=1276833604]
[/quote]

He did mention some song he recorded...he's good at basketball but other than that he's garbage...he probably doesn't know what the hood looks like just trying to get somebody to buy one of his garbage tapes
[/quote]

The amount of hate in this thread is astounding.  He doesn't know what the hood looks like?  He grew up in Queensbridge, but thats nothing compared to where these internet warriors grew up at

Did I say that Pippen was a scrub?  Good exaggeration.  Would you rather have Pippen, Horace Grant, BJ Armstrong, and Bill Cartwright,or Gasol, Odom, Bynum, Artest, and Fisher???

The Lakers also had a deeper bench.  Just stating the obvious in that Jordan was the better player by far.  Congrats to Kobe.  He is the current best player in the league, but he is not Magic, Bird, or Jordan good. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder