*Tournament Central*

Guest JoesBros

Guest JoesBros
Noteables from Day 1: Texas and Texas A&M wins, UL-L beats Rice, Lamar falls hard to TCU, LSU gives up 5 run lead only to come back in the 11th to beat UC-Irvine.

Texas and UL-L face off today, LSU and UCLA play tonight and Lamar hopes to stay alive against Baylor. Lets do all of our CWS talk here!

I haven't done any research on the guy, but was wondering. Garrett Whittles (FIU), what is he? soph, jr, sr? If he is underclass, what is the draft outlook?

If his season ends without a chance to break Ventura's record, does he come back for an attempt or does he take the money and turn pro.  Pretty sure it would all depend where he is drafted and how much $$$.

And every time I hear Robin Ventura, I think of Nolan Ryan  ;D  ;D

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="19bulldog88" post="809458" timestamp="1275747420"]
Finally figured out how to post it

[img]http://chicagosmma.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/ryan_ventura.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

I know Robin wishes he had that notion back.  He didn't do his homework - not knowing that Nolan has/had a working cattle ranch cost him two or three knocks on the head. ;D

[quote name="19bulldog88" post="809454" timestamp="1275746493"]
I haven't done any research on the guy, but was wondering. Garrett Whittles (FIU), what is he? soph, jr, sr? If he is underclass, what is the draft outlook?

If his season ends without a chance to break Ventura's record, does he come back for an attempt or does he take the money and turn pro.  Pretty sure it would all depend where he is drafted and how much $$$.
[/quote]

Wittels is a sophomore and not draft eligible.  He will be back at FIU next season.

[quote name="bulldog6" post="809511" timestamp="1275760743"]
[quote author=19bulldog88 link=topic=70300.msg809454#msg809454 date=1275746493]

[/quote]

Wittels is a sophomore and not draft eligible.  He will be back at FIU next season.
[/quote]

Thanks bulldog for the info.  Another funny story about Nolan. I remember during his retirement ceremony, the Rangers had given him two head of cattle as a gift. One was named "Robin" and the other "Ventura"

Guest JoesBros
LSU falls to UCLA 6-3 and now will have to face UC-Irvine at 2PM tomorrow in a elimination game and the winner of that game will face UCLA at 6 tomorrow evening

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder