Lamar schedules football games at Hawaii, at Oklahoma State and at Texas A&M

[quote name="TexasTerror" post="794227" timestamp="1272077183"]
[quote author=AJ25 link=topic=68971.msg794151#msg794151 date=1272070677]Keep bringin' em on Texas Terror and hating on the fact that our stadium will immediately be a better facility than yours' at Sam. Sorry bud.[/quote]

You sure you are from Lamar? Your reading comprehension skills are very comparable to the UNLV fans on this board!

Never was talking smack, just showing you the 'elite' FCS facilities.
[/quote]Cranky ain't we. Is it cramps or LU passing up SHSU in baseball.

[quote name="mffl" post="794251" timestamp="1272078733"]
They are not right at ground level, They are on the concourse level at Montagne I believe.
[/quote]

Kinda wonder how good looking these things will be. They have 4 months or so to get them up and completely finished. Any word on when the turf will be put down? It's usually a 3 month process to complete, I believe. Good thing the turf company and the construction company are completely different employees, so it won't slow down the athletic complex one bit. Does anyone have any updated pictures of the outside of the stadium?

[quote name="AJ25" post="794232" timestamp="1272077483"]I'm not from Lamar but Lamar is my hometown school. And Montana is an exception, they have been pushing to move to FBS for years.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure about that? If Montana wanted to go FBS, they could have by this point. They have explored it numerous times and would rather be the top dog in FCS than some middle of the pack WAC team.

[quote author=AJ25 link=topic=68971.msg794232#msg794232 date=1272077483]And Texas Southern won't sell 5,000 tickets a game, their stadium is the Dynamos stadium. This stadium is actually Lamar's.[/quote]

We'll see...

[quote author=UNLV link=topic=68971.msg794252#msg794252 date=1272078820]Cranky ain't we. Is it cramps or LU passing up SHSU in baseball.[/quote]

Baseball is about winning in the postseason...

And quite frankly, we're a basketball school at Sam. Thought you guys at UNLV er Lamar were too...??? If you were, perhaps your AD would have fired Roc instead of begging him to resign. Good ole Roc told BT to fire him if he wanted him out and Tubbs was not willing to do so.

[quote name="TexasTerror" post="794337" timestamp="1272113523"]
[quote author=AJ25 link=topic=68971.msg794232#msg794232 date=1272077483]I'm not from Lamar but Lamar is my hometown school. And Montana is an exception, they have been pushing to move to FBS for years.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure about that? If Montana wanted to go FBS, they could have by this point. They have explored it numerous times and would rather be the top dog in FCS than some middle of the pack WAC team.

[quote author=AJ25 link=topic=68971.msg794232#msg794232 date=1272077483]And Texas Southern won't sell 5,000 tickets a game, their stadium is the Dynamos stadium. This stadium is actually Lamar's.[/quote]

We'll see...

[quote author=UNLV link=topic=68971.msg794252#msg794252 date=1272078820]Cranky ain't we. Is it cramps or LU passing up SHSU in baseball.[/quote]

And quite frankly, we're a basketball school at Sam. Thought you guys at UNLV er Lamar were too...??? If you were, perhaps your AD would have fired Roc instead of begging him to resign. Good ole Roc told BT to fire him if he wanted him out and Tubbs was not willing to do so.
[/quote]A basketball school. But you're 0-2 in the tourney. Neither your men or womens team can't win where it counts. HAHA...0-2.

[/quote]A basketball school. But you're 0-2 in the tourney. Neither your men or womens team can't win where it counts. HAHA...0-2.
[/quote]

And to be honest, since the 80's neither have we...

I still don't understand why so many of our fans try to use our success from before the time when the college athletes of today were even born as a way to talk about how great we are?  ???

[quote name="LumberCard" post="794403" timestamp="1272124070"]

[/quote]

And to be honest, since the 80's neither have we...

I still don't understand why so many of our fans try to use our success from before the time when the college athletes of today were even born as a way to talk about how great we are?   ???
[/quote]Because if Terror can brag about 5 years ago or 10 years ago, why 20 or 30 or 80. Todays teams brag about how many national championships won
in school history. They don't limit themselves to 7 years. SHSU had a streak of success. What kind of sense does it make to limit our bragging rights to SHSU
streak of success years. When LU is back on top and SHSU is at the bottom, do you think they will limit their bragging rights to our success years?

[quote name="TexasTerror" post="794337" timestamp="1272113523"]
[quote author=AJ25 link=topic=68971.msg794232#msg794232 date=1272077483]I'm not from Lamar but Lamar is my hometown school. And Montana is an exception, they have been pushing to move to FBS for years.[/QUOTE]

We'll see...

[/quote]

Either way, you've pulled two stadiums that're better than Lamar's.. You pull the team that probably competes for the National Championship every year, and you pulled the stadium that a team was lucky enough to be allowed to play in only because the school doesn't have enough money to build a decent one theirselves.

I hope they design those luxury boxes to where they can expand around them. That's really the best place for a large section of new seating when they get ready for the FBS move. They should really put a bowl down there. That would make the stadium look like a big time program's IMO. If only multi-million dollar donations grew on trees ...  :-\

If you haven't taken a look at the cam in a while check it out. The brick looks really good on the Athletic Center, and now the stadium columns and bathrooms/concession stands match it. Still a massive pile of dirt on the field so I'm guessing it will be a while before turf project starts.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124