****Kevin Barbay new Warren Head coach****

I wish Coach Barbay the best.I don't think the folks in Warren will set the bar too high.The truth is he could do a great job and not win a district game before the next realignment on the football field.I hope he will concentrate on some of the other programs as well because they have all been down recently.

if his name was KEVIN THOMAS you think he'd know as much about football????? prolly not..... sounds like rebel4christ is a lil jealous of the hire to me, ::) talking to some of the warren players they dnt even expect to win district next year much less aa STATE TITLE, most of the athletes are just excited about bringin a new offensive scheme to the game, the kids just wanna win more than one or two district games, i dnt think thats expectin to much AT ALL, im really excited to watch some of their games next year,  great hire warren HANDS DOWN!!

When you look at the district schedule who would you expect them to beat?More than 2 district wins?If they win 2 district games next year Kevin Barbay is coach of the year.Newton,Anahuac,EC,Woodville,Buna,Hardin,Kountze I'm not sure Mack Brown could win more than 2 games in this district.

Speaking as a Warren Alum and big supporter for all Athletic programs at Warren, I would like to welcome Coach Barbay.  Hopefully his youth will bring energy and excitement to all programs.  A positive, can do attitude, can be infectious and I hope it spreads to all of our youth.  All it takes is for one person to change the culture for these kids.  A winning attitude and tradition has to start somewhere and I believe now is as good as ever.  I hope all the kids that did not play last year for whatever reasons, re-visit the idea and give this new a coach a chance and comes out for sports.  Once the community meets Coach Barbay, they will be excited as I am.

ramsey ran the same offense for the whole 8 years he was there at warren, just bringin a new offense to the table is gonna help warren out ALOT, i think their defense will be very solid with the two returning ends (56) and (87).. and number 2 in the secondary, along with number 10 in the middle, warren will have a really good chance at winning some district games in my opinion, as long as the kids believe in themselves, they could hire TONY DUNGEY and it wouldnt do them any good if the athletes themselves didnt believe, it all starts with them..... but talkin to some of the players their sprits seem to be high, guess we'll see when week 0 rolls around, good luck warren and welcome coach Barbay

Guest ~old_wildcat~
[quote name="FBfan" post="782081" timestamp="1269566044"]
ramsey ran the same offense for the whole 8 years he was there at warren, just bringin a new offense to the table is gonna help warren out ALOT, i think their defense will be very solid with the two returning ends (56) and (87).. and number 2 in the secondary, along with number 10 in the middle, warren will have a really good chance at winning some district games in my opinion, as long as the kids believe in themselves, they could hire TONY DUNGEY and it wouldnt do them any good if the athletes themselves didnt believe, it all starts with them..... but talkin to some of the players their sprits seem to be high, guess we'll see when week 0 rolls around, good luck warren and welcome coach Barbay
[/quote]

Being a "Barbay" don't make you a football coach no more than going to McDonald's makes you a hamburger..But I do believe that tradition and carrying on the family legacy does play a part..No Barbay coaching football would want to be the "one" that didn't make it coaching.And this will and drive to win does make a difference..If Warren will give the young man time,I'm sure They will see the results..I wish Him & Warren all the best...JMO

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami