PNG 9 LCM 0 Final comments

[quote name="RIP09" post="778229" timestamp="1268869817"]
What is the story on Benoit from PNG? I noticed he wasn't in the lineup. If it's injury related I wish him the best.
[/quote]

Rumor has it and [b]its only a rumor [/b] that hasn't been confirmed by me is that Benoit my undergo Tommy Johns surgery. Like I said I received this info 2nd hand.

[quote name="PNGFan" post="778353" timestamp="1268879508"]
[quote author=RIP09 link=topic=67407.msg778229#msg778229 date=1268869817]
What is the story on Benoit from PNG? I noticed he wasn't in the lineup. If it's injury related I wish him the best.
[/quote]

Rumor has it and [b]its only a rumor [/b] that hasn't been confirmed by me is that Benoit my undergo Tommy Johns surgery. Like I said I received this info 2nd hand.
[/quote]

Sorry to hear that and I hope that's not the case. I was very impressed with him last year when he pitched against BH. Whatever the injury I hope he has a full and complete recovery. He'll be in our prayers.

Png

CF Jalali...............0-3
Ss Stone..............0-3
P. Reyenga...........1-3
1B. Rhames..........3-4
3B. Sweetenham...1-4
Rf. Deron..............0-4
2B  Denzlinger......1-4
Dh. Freeman.........2-3
C.  Budwine..........0-0
LF. Gizzi...............1-2

Lcm

2B Vaughn............1-2
Rf Dallas...............0-3
3B Waddell............0-3
Ss Landry..............1-3
1B Waddel.............0-2
Cf Gonzales...........0-3
Dh Blem...............0-3
P. Smith...............0-0
C. Adams..............0-2
LF Burleigh...........1-2

Blake Reyenga pitched a gem. Rhames and Freeman did the most damage for the Indians.

Thanks for all the play by play and updates admin. I guess all you NDN bashers that thought the bears would prevail were way off mark.  Scalp-em INDIANS. LC-M has great group of kids,know a few of them. They will bounce back, so watch out Central.

Guest gladiator2
Don't really understand why LCM did not throw their ace. They will definately be in trouble when he is not pitching. They must not be very deep at pitcher. This has to be one of the smallest team's that LCM has fielded in years.

Reyenga, Indians mow down Bears

Van Wade The Orange Leader

LITTLE CYPRESS — Getting a complete-game shutout from Blake Reyenga and taking advantage of nine hits along with several Little Cypress-Mauriceville miscues, the Port Neches-Groves Indians took down the Bears 9-0 in the District 20-4A opener for both teams Wednesday evening at Gibbens Field. Reyenga allowed just three hits to the Bears (10-5, 0-1) while striking out six and walking three. He forced LC-M into 10 flyball outs as well. Meanwhile, the Indians (8-5, 1-0) benefitted from timely hitting to go along with nine walks issued by Bear pitching along with four Bear errors. LC-M used five pitchers in the contest. The Indians got on the board in the top of the second inning. Hunter Denzlinger, who went 2-for-4, had a tough infield single at third base with two outs. Gerran Freeman, who was 2-for-3 with two runs batted in, followed with a single through the gap between first and second base and Collin Gizzi followed with a walk. Denzlinger was able to score on a bases-loaded walk to Amir Jalali. LC-M starter Kody Smith got out of the inning by getting Austin Stone to fly out to right. Th Bears threatened in the bottom of the third but came up empty. Kevin Adams had a leadoff walk and went to second on a nice sacrifice bunt by Casey Burleigh and then Scott Vaughn walked. Mason Dallas reached after a grounder to short as Vaughn was out and courtesy runner Brylon Douglas advanced to third. Reyenga got out of the frame when third baseman Chris Sweetenham caught a sharp lind drive laced by Ryan Waddell. Austin Stone started off the fifth with a walk and went to second on an error and to third off a Reyenga single to right. Zach Rhame, who went 2-for-4, made it 2-0, driving in Stone with a double to center. Reyenga would score off an error on a pickoff attempt at second to up the Indian lead to 3-0. Rhame eventually scored on a grounder hit by Chris Sweetenham and courtesy runner Tyler LaCour came across home three batters later when a sharp grounder hit by Freeman was mishandled at third base. Casey Burleigh and Scott Vaughn had two-out singles for LC-M in the bottom half of the fifth but were left stranded. The Indians tacked on four more runs in the sixth inning. Rhame had a one-out single to left. Spencer DeRon drew a two-pout walk and Denzlinger singled to load the bases. Freeman came through with a two-run single to left to make it a 7-0 game. Denzlinger eventually scored on an error and Collin Gizzi scored Freeman with a RBI single to right. The Bears will look to rebound Friday when they visit Beaumont Central while the Indians will face MiD-County rival Nederland, which defeated Beaumont Ozen 10-0 Tuesday.

[quote name="bsblmom" post="778813" timestamp="1268962599"]
Hunter Knox has a torn ligament in his arm.
[/quote]So Hunter is out for the entire season ?  That is not good if it is the truth....If it is I hope he recovers,... I spoke with some guys from png they said he failed...What ever it is good luck..

[quote name="BaseBow" post="778965" timestamp="1268995761"]
[quote author=bsblmom link=topic=67407.msg778813#msg778813 date=1268962599]
Hunter Knox has a torn ligament in his arm.
[/quote]So Hunter is out for the entire season ?  That is not good if it is the truth....If it is I hope he recovers,... I spoke with some guys from png they said he failed...What ever it is good luck..
[/quote]
I sure hope it is not a torn ligament. Although I hate to hear he is failing, or anyone for that matters. I know coaches probably hate the rule but I don't. I'd rather my tax dollars go towards kids making the grade vs kids becoming awesome athletes. I would not mind both but when it comes down to it, I want the kids to be great students. Hate the rule or not it is a great policy. Coaches do all they can do to protect their golden children but they can't hide when it comes to failing classes.

Sometimes kids just struggle.  What happens to the kid that is a great student and makes As and Bs but is unfortunate enough to happen to struggle and dispite his greatest efforts comes up short.  There are athletes out there that aren't just screwing around they just have a hard time.  It is unfortunate but don't always assume the "rule" just keeps the slackers off the field sometimes it keeps the ones that are doing their best they just happen to come up short, off the field too.  One rule doesn't fit all. 

[quote name="bsblmom" post="779222" timestamp="1269032737"]
Sometimes kids just struggle.  What happens to the kid that is a great student and makes As and Bs but is unfortunate enough to happen to struggle and dispite his greatest efforts comes up short.  There are athletes out there that aren't just screwing around they just have a hard time.  It is unfortunate but don't always assume the "rule" just keeps the slackers off the field sometimes it keeps the ones that are doing their best they just happen to come up short, off the field too.  One rule doesn't fit all. 
[/quote]

I agree.....especially when it comes to student/athletes taking advanced courses. You also see it happen some in the foriegn language classes.
I think it is a great rule that does , for the most part, what it was intended to do.
JMO.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont