Great Job Dewi Hardman

Big Ups to the Lamar Head Soccer Coach

Lamar's Head Soccer coach Dewi Hardman is showing me his hard efforts in recruiting are beginning to pay off by signing a top level soccer player in Angie Guillory. I have had the priviledge of watching Angie play and she is a star amongst stars on a loaded 93 team. There are players on that team that are verbally committed to  Rice, University of Texas, University of Kansas and the University of Houston to name a few.  And to say that our home town Lamar just snagged one of their elite players is saying something to me where the Cardinal Women's soccer program is headed.

Quite frankly I still cannot  believe it!!!!!!

Great Job Dewi!

Guest Newbie
I believe Stefanie Miroballi also signed with Lamar.  She plays with my niece on Clear Lake High School's soccer team.  She has been on the Varsity team for 4 years, a member of last year's 5A runner up team at State, an outstanding midfielder/defender, Captain of her school team, and plays for Albion 92 blue.  Both players should make nice contributions.

[quote name="Newbie" post="777259" timestamp="1268671222"]
I believe Stefanie Miroballi also signed with Lamar.  She plays with my niece on Clear Lake High School's soccer team.  She has been on the Varsity team for 4 years, a member of last year's 5A runner up team at State, an outstanding midfielder/defender, Captain of her school team, and plays for Albion 92 blue.  Both players should make nice contributions.
[/quote]

I heard there was a total of 4 players from Albion, Newbie. That's great news.

Is the girl from Westbrook that signed last year going to play for Lamar this year?  Michele Sladirizt....I know i misspelled her name and for that I apoligize.  I never saw her on the roster last year and figured she was injured or red-shirted.

Guest Newbie
I believe Michelle was injured and was able to get out of her contract before the season started so she never played with them.  She transfered to another school, not sure if she's playing college soccer though.

• 6 months later...
A few games into the season and this team looks like the best since this program has started.  The last game didn't look so hot though.  What gives with all the cards?  Team card?  Was it that bad?
[url=http://www.lamarcardinals.com/sports/w-soccer/stats/2010-2011/lu07.html]Lamar v UTEP recap[/url]

• 2 weeks later...
Lamar has tied the school record for wins in a season with 4, but i expect a few more in conference this year... they've already beaten last years' SLC champion Southeastern Louisiana 1-0 on a goal with 44 seconds left, dropping SLU's record to 7-2-3.  They also beat Nicholl's St 3-0, dropping their record to 6-3-1. 

I heard Kayla Walker(Albion 93) may be joining  the team in the Fall of 2011.  

Dewi needs to do a little shopping in the back yard... He has let a few girls (Chloe, Emily,Caitlyn Stowe) and others slip through the cracks... Although I know he is trying to find the best players available... I still believe these girls could help his current team and as someone else has mentioned give the local parents a reason (their kids) to come watch the game.

• 4 weeks later...
From what I have been told Dewi Hardman willl not pick up players from the Golden Triangle area, which is really ashame. There are truly committed talented girls in this area and he will not even consider them. Rumor is that he does not feel that our area girls are not committed enough.
I would really love to challenge his current soccer team with the 2011 senior girls who do play club soccer for a game. I know the girls would give the Lamar team a run for their money.
I understand that he might have had a bad experience from a local player in the past, but the upcoming girls that have been playing competitively since third or fourth grade. They know the meaning of commitment.

I know this goalie, and she was told that he did not need a goalie for this year, and that he has goalie up until 2013.  This goalie contacted Dewi several times along with her coach contacting him to even get a response from him.
What I am trying to say is that he only goes to Albion he will not go to the Beaumont Select teams. Sladaritz was from Beaumont, but played for a Challenge team and that was at least three years ago.
He has NEVER picked up a girl from a Beaumont Select team, and there are numerous players that are extremely talented. You can come see five of them at tomorrow's Select field as five girls play on the Kelly team.

That's too bad.  I do agree Lamar's two goalies right now are both very good.  If she went there I doubt she'll get much playing time.  She may be as good as they are but those two have both proven themselves and it's hard to mess with a good thing.  I understand he tends to favor Albion players but then again you have to realize he's picking Premier level team players, not just DI players.  The local players that are good enough to play for Lamar I doubt want to go to Lamar.  They have bigger aspirations......

There are girls here that have been offered to play on Albion because they are premier players, but chose to stay with their local team.
I do completely agree that they have bigger aspirations, but I just don't understand why he will not even look at them. It is mainly the principle of it that bothers me.

I see where you're coming from but from the caliber of commitments they already have at this point for next year (all verbals at this point of course) from solid nationally ranked clubs namely, SlammersFC and Real So Cal clubs, I can't really say I blame him. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami