Warren Warriors

redfan

[quote name="TTB" post="767781" timestamp="1267287526"]
deweyville ten run ruled them in the hemphill tourn. I heard Deweyville even pitched a freshman
[/quote]

and that's all I have to say about that ;D

o.k......let me rephrase......

I think Warren will have a better season than they had last year.
who pitched for Warren in the Deweyville game?
I know their senior pitched in the earlier game

Well the pitcher in the Deweyville game was Brett Aulbaugh.  He has not played in a few years and threw a full game tuesday so he did not have his best game by any means.  Him and the other senior Sloan Wilson will be the two main starters this year.  Warren definately has a much better chance this year.  They played well in the tournament this past weekend, however about half of the traveling varsity squad is freshman and things are a little rough right now as they try to mesh the new players with the ways of the team.  I see things getting much brighter in Warrens future.  The newton tournament should be a good challenge for this squad.

• 2 weeks later...
Warren has no chance at all this yr.. they have too many freshman that have not played enough baseball to cope with the varsity baseball skill level. and their #1 sloan wilson is left-handed but he cant chunk near good enough to handle some of the powerhouses in their district. Don't get your hopes up.

[quote name="utbb12" post="774997" timestamp="1268284026"]
Warren has no chance at all this yr.. they have too many freshman that have not played enough baseball to cope with the varsity baseball skill level. and their #1 sloan wilson is left-handed but he cant chunk near good enough to handle some of the powerhouses in their district. Don't get your hopes up.
[/quote]

they lost 3-2.......but he seemed to do pretty good against Kountze the other night

I was at the game... and Warren had Kountze 2-0 through 6, stumbled a few times ine the top of the 7th, and let Kountze come all the way back and take the lead. It was a good job of Kountze to take advantage of mistakes by Warren, but Warren lost the game by beating themselves, not Kountze beating them. Warren had a chance to tie and possible take the lead in the bottom of the 7th, but couldn't come through, Kountze did a better job of shutting the door after they attained the lead. I'm not saying Warren is a huge threat out there, but if their team shows up ready to play, they'll surprise people. I was also at the Corrigan game.... don't know what happened to them in that game, but their outfield looked different.... anyone know what happened there?

Thats odd because i think with only one loss in district anyone has a chance ! ! !  :o

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder