Houston Yates vs Memorial IF

[quote name="The GOAT" post="749384" timestamp="1264451603"]
[quote author=TopDawG52 link=topic=65148.msg749353#msg749353 date=1264447585]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=65148.msg749317#msg749317 date=1264442074]
I have not seen either team play this year, but I'm sure Yates would win by 30 vs Memorial...
[/quote] than how could you be so sure ive seen both seen Yates and katy seven lakes which Yates won 94 to 88 and memorial vs brook and north shore i know basketball win i see it Memorial would come within 15 on a neutral court only because they have 4 or 5 guards that handle the ball well and are physical
[/quote]Thanks, DAWG and they will get after you exspecially if we get going early,you'll be down big in a hurry.
Don't get me wrong, I've seen yates play, and they're the real deal, but that's our style of play too.  ;D
[/quote] Yates 97  Memorial  59

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GOAT, its great to see you supporting your team but Yates would beat Memorial pretty badly. I have seen Memorial play a few times this year and they are really good and have alot of talent. I also saw Yates play on TV and I will tell you that No One can run with Yates. Yates forces turnovers with the press and makes a living off it. Athletic talent and shooters on the whole team. Yates would win by 40+

Memorial is good but be reasonable..

[quote name="dogs1218" post="749469" timestamp="1264466020"]
GOAT, its great to see you supporting your team but Yates would beat Memorial pretty badly. I have seen Memorial play a few times this year and they are really good and have alot of talent. I also saw Yates play on TV and I will tell you that No One can run with Yates. Yates forces turnovers with the press and makes a living off it. Athletic talent and shooters on the whole team. Yates would win by 40+

Memorial is good but be reasonable..
[/quote] ::)

[quote name="palincoln4life" post="749561" timestamp="1264473969"]
I support Memorial to the fullest, only missed like 3 games all yr. But be 4real, [b]it would be at least a 15-25 pt game.[/b] To understand Yates you have to see them in person.
[/quote]

I could very well see Memorial lose to Yates by 15-25, just not 50. I think they are a better team than that.

GOAT i'm a nederland bulldog and yes yall did beat us by 32 and i am not saying that memorial is not the best team in the area (because there is no question that yall are the best in the area) i am just saying after watching yall beat nederland and watching games in the ymbl it's not the same as what i saw from yates on ESPN and in person this yates team is very good and i think they would pick apart memorial which would result in negative attitudes from multiple players and yates would break away

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="749578" timestamp="1264475235"]
[quote author=palincoln4life link=topic=65148.msg749561#msg749561 date=1264473969]
I support Memorial to the fullest, only missed like 3 games all yr. But be 4real, [b]it would be at least a 15-25 pt game.[/b] To understand Yates you have to see them in person.
[/quote]

I could very well see Memorial lose to Yates by 15-25, just not 50. I think they are a better team than that.
[/quote]Obviously Memorial is a donor to this site ::) ::) ::)

ya'll need to recognize.  Yates by 50 over anyone in this area and pretty easily.  Yates is a travelling AAU all-star team guys, made up of the best Houston and California have to offer.  Why would anyone think that a hand piked team outta Houston with its pop. would have a close game with a school team from GT made up of kids who actually live in the school zone.

[quote name="sal" post="749648" timestamp="1264516120"]
ya'll need to recognize.  Yates by 50 over anyone in this area and pretty easily.  Yates is a travelling AAU all-star team guys, made up of the best Houston and California have to offer.  Why would anyone think that a hand piked team outta Houston with its pop. would have a close game with a school team from GT made up of kids who actually live in the school zone.
[/quote]California? Anyway! Moving on, I always tried to figure out with so few schools in the area, why aren't the school here in the area powerhouses?

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="749664" timestamp="1264517669"]
[quote author=sal link=topic=65148.msg749648#msg749648 date=1264516120]
ya'll need to recognize.  Yates by 50 over anyone in this area and pretty easily.  Yates is a travelling AAU all-star team guys, made up of the best Houston and California have to offer.  Why would anyone think that a hand piked team outta Houston with its pop. would have a close game with a school team from GT made up of kids who actually live in the school zone.
[/quote]California? Anyway! Moving on, I always tried to figure out with so few schools in the area, why aren't the school here in the area powerhouses?
[/quote]

Because unlike HISD, most schools in this area actually enforce the attendance zone policies.

[quote]California? Anyway! Moving on, I always tried to figure out with so few schools in the area, why aren't the school here in the area powerhouses?[/quote]

yup, you got it. the truth will set you free.  wise dont have a real estate business on the side for nothin

[quote name="GCMPats" post="749669" timestamp="1264518000"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=65148.msg749664#msg749664 date=1264517669]
[quote author=sal link=topic=65148.msg749648#msg749648 date=1264516120]
[/quote]

Because unlike HISD, most schools in this area actually enforce the attendance zone policies.
[/quote]I keep saying! It's a business

[quote name="sal" post="749682" timestamp="1264520172"]
that "business" is ruining high school athletics
[/quote]No it isn't. High school athletics is moving along just fine. In fact, it's gotten better because of the expanded exposure the athletes are getting now from the various basketball services. It's a different world beyond GT.

how would you know what a different world beyond the GT is?  an occassional trip to Houston mak eyou an expert?  taking the power out of high schools and putting it in the hands of "wanna be" coaches is a big problem don't care where you from especially when those "wanna be coaches" are more worried about themsleves than the kids

[quote name="sal" post="749700" timestamp="1264523028"]
how would you know what a different world beyond the GT is?  an occassional trip to Houston mak eyou an expert?  taking the power out of high schools and putting it in the hands of "wanna be" coaches is a big problem don't care where you from especially when those "wanna be coaches" are more worried about themsleves than the kids
[/quote]oUCH! Kinda sensitive today huh?I'm not disagreeing with you. I said it was a business. And sir, I deal with it more than you know. If I'm not an expert, I'm becoming one. ;)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="749578" timestamp="1264475235"]
[quote author=palincoln4life link=topic=65148.msg749561#msg749561 date=1264473969]
[/quote]

[/quote]Thats all i'm saying no one will beat us by 50 pts, not even yates. Has anyone tried to press  Yates this season?

[quote name="sal" post="749707" timestamp="1264524065"]
Yates -50 dont forget it

and blue "i deal with it more than you know" to
[/quote]Sal, I'm glad to hear this. You and I should be near common ground. On a serious *tip* I'm well aware of these coaches who are trying to befriend the players AND keep parents out of the loop. You and I could probably trade stories on whats going on with the *business* side.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder