Houston Yates vs Memorial IF

im sure this is the impossible nobody could do it but i wud take the titans over the lions on a neutral court....  Memorial has 4 guards that are physical with the ball and can shoot the 3 ball. shaquille white is the best of them and  # 21 the little guy plays hard noise defense and if u dont have the ball dont looked to get it. only thing i give the lions is depth of course they are 15 deep and inside memorial has some beast in jamarcus jones and wendell pierce who plays the wing but he is long and runs the floor well. whoever would win this game would win by 5 to 8 pts

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they may not beat them but it would be less than a ten pt game... Yates is at there best when they get turnovers on the break and i seen memorial guards they wont have many turnovers.. and when the titans slow it down and swing the ball the lions got to foul or go man and who will hold the bigs inside or shaquille white lol cmon this would be a game.

I watched Yates destroy the previous Alabama 5-a state champ.I think you hit the key with depth.When Yates brings their second group in they don't miss a beat and the pressure is relentless.Young is one of the best 3 ball shooters I've seen in a while and his range is just sic.I don't see this one being a single digit ballgame.If both clubs play their best Yates by at least 15.

We lost by 15 to westbury. Yates beat westbury by 30. I think we have a pretty good chance because we love to go up tempo. As soon as the ball is out the net we we're going up the floor with it, not giving them time to set up in the press. We would have to deny Peters the ball the whole game and we could because we go 12 deep.  They only beat us by 30 last year, but we r so much better, but so r they. ;D

[quote name="The GOAT" post="748919" timestamp="1264370310"]
[b]We lost by 15 to westbury. Yates beat westbury by 30[/b]. I think we have a pretty good chance because we love to go up tempo. As soon as the ball is out the net we we're going up the floor with it, not giving them time to set up in the press. We would have to deny Peters the ball the whole game and we could because we go 12 deep.  They only beat us by 30 last year, but we r so much better, but so r they. ;D
[/quote]

That's two different Westbury's. PAM played Westbury Christian, the #1 ranked private school in the state. Yates played Houston Westbury, just another 4A public school in the inner city, Yates district foe.

Westbury Christian is much better than Houston Westbury.

Yates by 20.  Pam has good guard play.  They are quick and aggressive (maybe a little smallish)  The big guys are athletic, and they have 3 or 4 of them, but they are pretty raw.  I like the PAM team a lot.  They handled Brook easily.  But, I just don't see them scoring enough to keep up with Yates for 4 quarters.    JMO

I personally think this would be a good game for the first 3 minutes. After that Yates would show why they are a top five team in the nation (not #21 in the state for 5-a). Yates has played some of the best teams, and some of the best tournaments in the nation for high school already this year and have yet to lose to anybody. So in the end i would say Yates wins easily by 60.

[quote name="bulldogbasketball" post="749043" timestamp="1264383844"]
I personally think this would be a good game for the first 3 minutes. After that Yates would show why they are a top five team in the nation (not #21 in the state for 5-a). Yates has played some of the best teams, and some of the best tournaments in the nation for high school already this year and have yet to lose to anybody. So in the end i would say Yates wins easily by 60.
[/quote] Bulldog you kinda ticked me off with your statement are you a kelly or nederland bulldog. I hope you say kelly because we SPANKED nederland by 40 ;D ;) already. Anyway, we can do some things to disrupt their flow, I think we matchup well and our bench is long enough to compete, O yeah we like to pressure the ball too. ;)

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="749317" timestamp="1264442074"]
I have not seen either team play this year, but I'm sure Yates would win by 30 vs Memorial...
[/quote] than how could you be so sure ive seen both seen Yates and katy seven lakes which Yates won 94 to 88 and memorial vs brook and north shore i know basketball win i see it Memorial would come within 15 on a neutral court only because they have 4 or 5 guards that handle the ball well and are physical

[quote name="TopDawG52" post="749353" timestamp="1264447585"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=65148.msg749317#msg749317 date=1264442074]
I have not seen either team play this year, but I'm sure Yates would win by 30 vs Memorial...
[/quote] than how could you be so sure ive seen both seen Yates and katy seven lakes which Yates won 94 to 88 and memorial vs brook and north shore i know basketball win i see it Memorial would come within 15 on a neutral court only because they have 4 or 5 guards that handle the ball well and are physical
[/quote]Thanks, DAWG and they will get after you exspecially if we get going early,you'll be down big in a hurry.
Don't get me wrong, I've seen yates play, and they're the real deal, but that's our style of play too.  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics