Know of any Select Football teams?

Guest diehardbaseballmom

Guest diehardbaseballmom
I am interested in finding any local select football teams for my 15 year old sons friend. His passion is football and would like to stick with it year round. Any ideas??

Guest diehardbaseballmom
okay...maybe I worded it wrong...not play year round but for more for fun nothing too rigorous. Even if its just a fun league and not competitive. He's an excellent football player and I guess is going through withdrawal :)  He is doing off season work outs which is fine, he would just like to find some game play experiences.

[quote name="zeroturn" post="731076" timestamp="1260926864"]
yes work on speed strenth agility no one should play football year around to much on body..............go to camps
[/quote]
I agree.
Best advice to this kid is to hit the weight room and off season program in the current school he goes to and get in better shape for the next season. Select football may have something positive to offer, but IMO this kid will learn more by going through a tough off season workout regimen and picking the brains of the high school coaching staff at his school as well as going to the high level camps held at many of our colleges here in the state. Have him start asking the guys who are going to be calling the shots what they need him to improve on and what he can do to do that. Unlike baseball or track, football is a sport still where the kids are going to get noticed by what they do on Friday nights, he needs to develop the physical skills necessary to carry out the plays and defenses being called. I know of a couple of kids who went to camps over a few seasons in the spring and summer and developed and grew in strength and those coaches remember them and kept an eye on them. Those kids then signed somewhere. But as we all know, not everyone gets to go to the next level.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami