skipper

• 4 weeks later...
[quote name="Leftover Cheese" post="745642" timestamp="1263833774"]
Humble's Xavier Maxwell:
6'2 175, 4.4 Speed

WR/DB/KR/RB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzL1SMP3KNk&feature=channel
[/quote]

98% of the time he lined up at WR...played RB two plays, and was the KR.

We will probably not miss him much as you'd think, for some reason or another i have a feeling that JaCory Ben and Dominque Stewart will have great years...Also Kyle Tucker is going to be a Star WR...He is potentially the best WR we have at 6'1-6'2 170lbs...Kid has a big frame to pack on the lbs... He is a better athlete then his brother, and will probably end up being bigger...His Brother was 6'2 210lbs as a Senior and ran a legit 4.5...Kyle is faster and has more worth ethic then Cody...Kid is going to be a beast.

Tucker will also probably end up being the QB for the 2011 season since we lost Javelle Allen to Prosper HS.

[quote name="HUM398" post="745742" timestamp="1263849929"]
[quote author=Leftover Cheese link=topic=63830.msg745642#msg745642 date=1263833774]
Humble's Xavier Maxwell:
6'2 175, 4.4 Speed

WR/DB/KR/RB

[/quote]
We will probably not miss him much as you'd think, for some reason or another i have a feeling that JaCory Ben and Dominque Stewart will have great years...Also Kyle Tucker is going to be a Star WR...He is potentially the best WR we have at 6'1-6'2 170lbs...Kid has a big frame to pack on the lbs... He is a better athlete then his brother, and will probably end up being bigger...His Brother was 6'2 210lbs as a Senior and ran a legit 4.5...Kyle is faster and has more worth ethic then Cody...Kid is going to be a beast.

Tucker will also probably end up being the QB for the 2011 season since we lost Javelle Allen to Prosper HS.
[/quote]

2 things. i thought stewart was a senior. And Javelle Allen to prosper?

[quote name="Leftover Cheese" post="745743" timestamp="1263850143"]
[quote author=HUM398 link=topic=63830.msg745742#msg745742 date=1263849929]
[quote author=Leftover Cheese link=topic=63830.msg745642#msg745642 date=1263833774]
Humble's Xavier Maxwell:
6'2 175, 4.4 Speed

WR/DB/KR/RB

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Stewart is a Junior...He was our biggest surprise in our last game against Nimitz...

From what i understand even the coaching staff was a little bit surprised on how good this kid really is...He is incredibly fast, and with some polish will be a huge threat at SE...  I think the coaching staff will work him in more at RB as well...

as far as Javelle Allen, he has transferred to Prosper HS (3a).  His father had a job offer as i understand, and he will not be with us anymore.  Which is ok, it okay...As Talented as Javelle Allen was, he was more suited for a Pro-Style offense..  Kyle Washington will offer a great set of tools for the Humble offense...the 6'3 SR to be has perhaps the strongest arm of all the QB's this past season, and is most definitely more fit to be a Spread QB.  He has a quicker release then any QB we have had start for us since Jerrod Johnson...which works to our favor since we love our Razor and Bubble screens.

Kirbyville will miss
Dustin West- G 1st team all state
Jamichael Ervine- LB/RB 1st team all district on both sides of the ball, willy ray smith award finalist
Josh Harris- LB 1st team all district
Chris Ezidore- DE/TE 1st team all district defense
Fred Rhodes- RB/WR/CB 1st team all district on both sides of the ball
Dillon Peel- G 1st team all district
James Fowler- CB 4 interceptions on the season 2nd team all district

[quote name="HUM398" post="745967" timestamp="1263873215"]
[quote author=Leftover Cheese link=topic=63830.msg745743#msg745743 date=1263850143]
[quote author=HUM398 link=topic=63830.msg745742#msg745742 date=1263849929]
Humble's Xavier Maxwell:
6'2 175, 4.4 Speed

WR/DB/KR/RB

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Stewart is a Junior...He was our biggest surprise in our last game against Nimitz...

From what i understand even the coaching staff was a little bit surprised on how good this kid really is...He is incredibly fast, and with some polish will be a huge threat at SE...  I think the coaching staff will work him in more at RB as well...

as far as Javelle Allen, he has transferred to Prosper HS (3a).  His father had a job offer as i understand, and he will not be with us anymore.  Which is ok, it okay...As Talented as Javelle Allen was, he was more suited for a Pro-Style offense..  Kyle Washington will offer a great set of tools for the Humble offense...the 6'3 SR to be has perhaps the strongest arm of all the QB's this past season, and is most definitely more fit to be a Spread QB.  He has a quicker release then any QB we have had start for us since Jerrod Johnson...which works to our favor since we love our Razor and Bubble screens.
[/quote]
If you were to create a lineup for offense and defense what would it be?

[quote name="Leftover Cheese" post="746460" timestamp="1263952907"]
If you were to create a lineup for offense and defense what would it be?
[/quote]

Returning starters in *

Offense:

QB- Kyle Washington (6'3 170lbs)
RB- Trey Owens (6'2 210lbs)*-DNP in 2009, Started 2008
WR- JaCorik Ben (6'0 170lbs)*
WR- Kyle Tucker (6'1 175lbs)
SE- Dominque Stewart (5'9 170lbs)*
SE- D. Smith (6'0 180lbs)
LT- Jeffery Whittaker (6'3 230lbs)*
LG- Earl Smalls (6'2 270lbs)
C- Spencer Drake (6'1 250lbs)*
RG-Richard Avalos (5'10 270lbs)- I have never seen him play, but im told he is very aggressive and the favorite for this position
RT- Cody Cross (6'1 240lbs)

Note:  The QB spot is going to be interesting; Kyle Washington, Kyle Tucker, and Marcus Ray will compete for the spot.  Of the three Kyle Washington possess the strongest arm, Marcus Ray is the most Elusive, and Kyle Tucker is somewhere in the middle.  Though, the coaching staff seemed to favor Kyle Washington over Marcus Ray...IMHO, i think it was due to his arm motion.  He has a slow release, but the ball zips.  The Wide out position is going to see a lot of rotation, we have a ton of talented guys that could step up.  Chaz Davis is a guy to look out for, and as well as Darius Lynch at the SE...he Played RB last year, but both J. Holiday and Tre Owens are better suited for the position...Trey Owens was out most of the year with a Knee injury.

Defense:

DE- Kyndal Hill (6'5 210lbs)*
DT- Paul Boyette (6'3 265lbs)*
DT- Kenneth Brown (6'2 330lbs)*-DNP 09, Started 08
DE- Mark Armstead ( 6'1 220lbs)
LB- Charles Woods (5'11 175lbs...4.4 40)*
LB- A lot of options, no clear leader for the position.  If i had to choose one, it be JP Henshaw.
Hybrid Backer- Davonta Smith (5'11 185lbs)*
Hybrid Backer- Cliff Thomas (6'0 185lbs)*
CB- Alphonso Harleston (6'2 190lbs)*
CB- Rodney Dickey (5'11 175lbs)
FS- Brison Burris (5'11 180lbs)*

Note: We have 8 returning starters from last years defense returning, i only posted 7 coming back on defense because i am uncertain what they will do with DT/DE Zorell Ezell (6'2 245lbs).  Because Humble runs a 44 Split defense, the assignment of the front 4 is to Disrupt and penetrate with out much assistance from the backers (because we only run two true backers).  The nature of our defense requires two types of DT.  One that demands double teams, The other is the disruptor.  In my mind Kenny Brown is the best DT that fits the mold of the first type, and Paul Boyette the second.  DT Ezell is to light to demand a double team..Brown nearly has 100lbs on Ezell...For me it was a natural choice to go with the stronger bigger DT to take up the blockers while Boyette overwhelms the offensive line with his immense side and speed.  Both Brown and Boyette are very strong, and very fast...so they naturally make the best combo.  Ezell would be a good fit at DE...He would at times require a double team against your tackles..Because he is so quick...more attention is going to need to be addressed to him...However, Mark Armstead has played D-end his entire high school career and posses the tools to be very similar to Ezell just smaller... Ezell can also play OT, so that is a move you may see....After Brown Graduates however, it will be Ezell's show at DT with Paul Boyette playing the role as your gap control DT...of course this is all speculation on my part.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder