LU vs. Louisiana College

Lazeek

Guest coachacola
At least Nabors showed up to play.  He had 16 points and 23 rebounds! He would have scored over 20 points but he was only 4-11 from the free throw line.

[quote name="coachacola" post="727354" timestamp="1260414057"]
At least Nabors showed up to play.  He had 16 points and 23 rebounds! He would have scored over 20 points but he was only 4-11 from the free throw line.
[/quote]

Nabors wasn't special, don't let the numbers lie. E.B. put in some solid minutes and Milk Harris is the real deal.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="727389" timestamp="1260416311"]
You are suppose to beat Louisiana College by 30 and never trail in the game, much less with 4 minutes left in game!!!

PATHETIC!!!!
[/quote]

You know, I've read this board for a while, but I really haven't ever posted.  

I'm sorry, but what I saw tonight was pathetic.  No energy (except for Nabors, and, to some extent, Harris and Custer at the end of the game), no urgency, no intensity.  I agree, Aggies, a Division III team should be dispatched by 50 if you try, 25 if you spend the second half getting the end of bench playing time.  To be in a game with a team like that until 2:00 are left is an embarassment to the program.

I hope beyond hope that I get to eat some crow, but I can't see this team winning more than one or two conference games this year the way they're playing.  I've been a season ticket holder for 15 years and don't know if I've ever been more pessimistic.  I know the team is young, but good God, this is a DIII team!

[font=Courier]If not for 23 (Harris), Lamar would have lost. He is the best player - BY FAR - on this team.

If this is the tallest team in Lamar history, they are scared to dunk. They missed TONS of underneath the basket shots against a much smaller La College team, who lost to McNeese State by 37.

Yes, this Lamar team is very young, but they need a lot of work.

The crowd/atmosphere needs much help. Same ol' same ol'.[/font]

my take-nabors isnt 100%.he seems to be favoring that leg.when harris started driving to the goal he looked good.miles needs to work on his defense.custer gave us a spark down the stretch.nwevo is still nwevo.we need hall back to have any chance in conference or harper has to step it up.our juco's were less than impressive.

A win is a win, plus a lot of younger guys got good playing time last night.     
I still say this though... It does not seem as though this team wants to win games... They have rolled over in most of our away games (many of which we had good leads in) and have tried to give away our home wins.  I think they are sloppy and undisciplined and lack heart.

I sure hope they can turn it around but my doubts grow more day by day.. 

Harris finally stepped up toward the middle of the second half and took control. He was a non-factor before then. It looked like he decided to take control as a team leader and began to drive to the basket and make things happen. And Roc and staff began to feed off of that and ran the offense through him in isolation (it worked).
Nabors was his usually jumpin jack self, but his rebound numbers were aided also by his poor shooting, or actually by the whole teams poor shooting. Shoot bad and you have more opps for offensive rebounds!
Coy is still rough around the basket on offense, but he did a very good job of redirecting those easy baskets that #41 was getting before Coy got in the game down the stretch. Coy had several blocks, but it was his presence as a big man that helped most.

This team has got to find a dependable outside shooter or they will not win a game in the SLC!

Guest coachacola
It's a good thing they have over a week to prepare for their next game.  I think all that traveling and losing has taken a toll on the team.  Up next for LU are the Ragin Cajuns, who beat Louisiana College 90-68 back in November then lost their next game to a NAIA school.  They were winless against D1 teams until they beat SHSU Saturday night in Huntsville by 10.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder