Dayton vs. Brenham Predictions?

KFDM COOP

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="dayton" post="721538" timestamp="1259685487"]
[quote author=rollinac link=topic=63088.msg721532#msg721532 date=1259684974]
Haha  :P :P :P  I've kept my player critical comments to a minimum this year!!!  I would prefer X Baldwin in the backfield with Ploch and Fowler in the slot and Frank on the outside.  I know we feature the slot receivers but having that burner outside could really open things up underneath for Ploch and Fowler.  But I always will defer my opinions to CS because he sees the guys everyday in practice and has weighed all the options and will put the best team on the field.  The way Frank is going he may rush for 1,000 yards after never taking a snap at running back during the entire regular season!!  Not to mention that Delasbour is a stud at rb as well when he doesn't fumble and we haven't seen him there since the Crosby game.  [b]That being said the limiting of the two way player has really paid off lately.[/b]
[/quote]

During those tough stretches where the defense can't get off the field that has been huge in my opinion... and will be going forward.... hopefully farther forward than Dec. 5  ;D

Frank has a little more tackle breaking ability than Baldwin in my opinion.
[/quote]

Yea he does but I like the patience of Baldwin and he has more moves than a Jack Russell on a sugar high.  He always seems to find the hole.  Jitterbug #1 hasn't been there in awhile....did he fail?  Frank also has a little more top end speed but Baldwin has been lights out on D since he stopped playing O.

It depends who's running the ball...Dobbins had 240 yards against us, but Montgomery only had like 260 yards total and completed 2 passes.  Somehow we shut Gilbert down when we played Huntsville.  Angleton ran on us, cuz well, they're Angleton...They will get rushing yards on anybody.  I heard PNG could run the ball and we held them to like 50 yards.  The Waller game was a fluke and all their yards came from 2 70+ yard runs.  Other than that, they didn't do anything.  If teams run, expect 8 or 9 in the box.
[/quote]

Yea 8 or 9 in the box and we're scoring 100.  I don't expect that but I am interested to see if there's 5 or 6 in the box....5 we run, 6 we throw for the most part.  Schlottman's ball-handling on the play action scares me a little...F-wood always kills us with play action and we usually get burned once or so a game...great thing about this year is it's only once and then we adjust or don't bite on the fakes.

[quote name="rollinac" post="721764" timestamp="1259704485"]
It depends who's running the ball...Dobbins had 240 yards against us, but Montgomery only had like 260 yards total and completed 2 passes.  Somehow we shut Gilbert down when we played Huntsville.  Angleton ran on us, cuz well, they're Angleton...They will get rushing yards on anybody.  I heard PNG could run the ball and we held them to like 50 yards.  The Waller game was a fluke and all their yards came from 2 70+ yard runs.  Other than that, they didn't do anything.  If teams run, expect 8 or 9 in the box.
[/quote]

Yea 8 or 9 in the box and we're scoring 100.  I don't expect that but I am interested to see if there's 5 or 6 in the box....5 we run, 6 we throw for the most part.  Schlottman's ball-handling on the play action scares me a little...F-wood always kills us with play action and we usually get burned once or so a game...great thing about this year is it's only once and then we adjust or don't bite on the fakes.

It will depend what's on the field....we'll audible when we need to.  I think we've shown that we can make adjustments when needed, as do y'all.
[/quote]

LOL, Rollinac, I see you working, don't bite Cub fans. I have seen your posts before and you really aren't the trash talking type. You usually just have good sound takes. You are trying to get someone to start talking trash, and we don't do that, we let our play do the talking. Everybody can throw last year out the window, these are two different teams. Good luck to the Broncos, and please, keep thinking our defense is slow.

[quote name="jhanel" post="721842" timestamp="1259714211"]
I would like to thank Mr. Toups and The Houston Chronicle for the video and pictures. I would not have been able to make the video without them!  Believe!!!!!!   Dayton vs Brenham!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwB8vEbQwbs
[/quote]
GREAT JOB!
Pretty cool seeing how others can use my work and give it even MORE POWER!

[quote name="cubfan12" post="721825" timestamp="1259712936"]
LOL, Rollinac, I see you working, don't bite Cub fans. I have seen your posts before and you really aren't the trash talking type. You usually just have good sound takes. You are trying to get someone to start talking trash, and we don't do that, we let our play do the talking. Everybody can throw last year out the window, these are two different teams. Good luck to the Broncos, and please, keep thinking our defense is slow.
[/quote]

Aw c'mon man I'm the fishing guide....get the bite and then hand it off to be reeled in ;).  Everyone has the village idiot just gotta find him/her ;).  A little good natured banter never hurt anyone.  Haha and who ever said we thought the Brenham defense was slow??

[quote name="jhanel" post="721842" timestamp="1259714211"]
I would like to thank Mr. Toups and The Houston Chronicle for the video and pictures. I would not have been able to make the video without them!  Believe!!!!!!   Dayton vs Brenham!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwB8vEbQwbs
[/quote]
Great video JH. Your starting off good on here! Keep 'em comin!

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="722165" timestamp="1259732141"]
It just sounds like they are being underestimated...
[/quote]

Brenham's mom is being underestimated!!! :D :D

J/K.... I just asked [i]everyone's[/i] opinion on team speed. Heck, you guys were fast on defense last year. You're a year more experienced this year.... I've talked to a lot of folks and all of them seem to consider Brenham the favorite in this game. [color=purple]We believe [/color] in our team though.

Decade Of Dominance- (1999-2009) Over the last 10 years, either Brenham or Dayton has won Region 3 D2, including 4 out of the last 5.  In 2 out of the last 5, the 2 teams have played each other in the regional final.(08' & 09')  Both teams have also been state finalist in the last 10 years.

Brenham- 02' state finalist & 05' semi finalist.
Dayton- 07' semi finalist & 08' state finalist.

Haha, like you said, just a little playful banter. Seriously, this is going to be another in a long line of great playoff games this year. This region is more balanced than ever, with plenty of teams that are or were capable of competing with any in the state. I've said it many times, when teams are this comparable, the one that makes the fewest mistakes and gets the breaks usually comes out on top. I still think it was funny when you said I was talking with "some Waller moms in my office". That was pretty good,  :D : I wish all of our opponents would get their scouting reports from the players moms.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="cubfan12" post="722242" timestamp="1259765356"]
Haha, like you said, just a little playful banter. Seriously, this is going to be another in a long line of great playoff games this year. This region is more balanced than ever, with plenty of teams that are or were capable of competing with any in the state. I've said it many times, when teams are this comparable, the one that makes the fewest mistakes and gets the breaks usually comes out on top. I still think it was funny when you said I was talking with "some Waller moms in my office". That was pretty good,  :D : I wish all of our opponents would get their scouting reports from the players moms.
[/quote]

Most "moms" will give you an honest assessment. Unless of course you're talking about their "baby".

Should be a great game in Katy this week. All I can think about is all that extra practice both teams underclassmen continue to get each year. You rarely ever see an inexperienced playoff team make a deep run. But, we all gotta start somewhere.

Best of luck to the Broncos and Cubs.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="722244" timestamp="1259765761"]

Should be a great game in Katy this week. [b]All I can think about is all that extra practice both teams underclassmen continue to get each year.[/b] You rarely ever see an inexperienced playoff team make a deep run. But, we all gotta start somewhere.

[/quote]

that's a huge advantage year to year, IMO

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83