Crosby vs. Montgomery/Crosby Wins and faces Pearland Dawson next week!!!!

7mary3

Congrats Coogs......way to represent the better of the two districts out of 20-4A and 19-4A.  Guess we now know who had the better district.  ;) ;)  So when Dayton wins in a few hours I guess the Golden Triangle will finally admit they were not as good as our district.... 8) 

Now as for Dawson, well I wish you the best, but man they are a whole different football team than what either of the two above districts have seen.  Very big, very fast, and very athletic.  My good friends son is an offensive lineman for Dawson and I call him tiny......for not so good a reason.  ;D

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="bh89-2" post="714816" timestamp="1258849183"]
Congrats Coogs......way to represent the better of the two districts out of 20-4A and 19-4A.  Guess we now know who had the better district.   ;) ;)  So when Dayton wins in a few hours I guess the Golden Triangle will finally admit they were not as good as our district.... 8) 

Now as for Dawson, well I wish you the best, but man they are a whole different football team than what either of the two above districts have seen.  Very big, very fast, and very athletic.  My good friends son is an offensive lineman for Dawson and I call him tiny......for not so good a reason.   ;D

[/quote]

GCM had the privilege of having their behinds spanked by Dawson for 2 years. They are the real deal! Crosby will have to have one heck of a game.

51, was the one hurt fyi prayers for him. (ankle is what i believe i saw him rubbing)

Cougars like to play dangerous i guess...

As for Dawson, this line tonight was giant tbh...

They had a great RB and a VERY good QB he threw 3-4 absolutely perfect passes tonight.

Honestly tonight the bombs we gave up were more earned than us giving them up absolutely perfect  receptions.

Great game, we'll be moving on to rd 3.

One last note... a question for Motgomery... Those Coogs hit hard don't they =P

C-Talk, without a doubt, the Cougars brought the wood to the fight. Very solid hits, all clean football. Crosby should be proud, your QB Merka made some very clutch yardage. And he controlled the ballin the third qtr to run off a ton of time. The secret to stopping Leroy Dobbins is to keep him off the field, and Crosby did that very well. Trench made the game saving play, because we've scored a ton of points with that very play. It's tough to defend and Trench knocked it out of the park slapping that ball down, when the game was on the line. We just came up a couple of yards short.

Dawson is going to be tough, but if you bring the fire to them as you did us, it should be a great game. The have a quarterback that will scramble, and if he doesn't have a receiver open quickly, he will take off, you need to put a spy on him. They have a solid all purpose back, but is stoppable, just watch the Friendswood films. Pressure on the QB and contain on the outside, they will run a counter and misdirection play on you. Crosby offense should be in good shape with their speed, and a hurry up offense seems to confuse Dawson. They have situational players for third down and short yardage.

Good luck to you and hope the "51" player wasn't hurts to badly, it looked like the QB rolled up his ankle on the short yardage play. Hopefully not ligament damage and it's just a deep sprain.

Good and classy post Mr Barnes and you guys have a good team. Your MLB family are very close friends of ours Paul N and he along with many of your kids will be back. Nice post.

[quote name="Mark F Barnes" post="715024" timestamp="1258856863"]
C-Talk, without a doubt, the Cougars brought the wood to the fight. Very solid hits, all clean football. Crosby should be proud, your QB Merka made some very clutch yardage. And he controlled the ballin the third qtr to run off a ton of time. The secret to stopping Leroy Dobbins is to keep him off the field, and Crosby did that very well. Trench made the game saving play, because we've scored a ton of points with that very play. It's tough to defend and Trench knocked it out of the park slapping that ball down, when the game was on the line. We just came up a couple of yards short.

Dawson is going to be tough, but if you bring the fire to them as you did us, it should be a great game. The have a quarterback that will scramble, and if he doesn't have a receiver open quickly, he will take off, you need to put a spy on him. They have a solid all purpose back, but is stoppable, just watch the Friendswood films. Pressure on the QB and contain on the outside, they will run a counter and misdirection play on you. Crosby offense should be in good shape with their speed, and a hurry up offense seems to confuse Dawson. They have situational players for third down and short yardage.

Good luck to you and hope the "51" player wasn't hurts to badly, it looked like the QB rolled up his ankle on the short yardage play. Hopefully not ligament damage and it's just a deep sprain.
[/quote]

Good information thanks your kids played well nothing toi hang thier heads about great game, i just want that kid whoo was talking massive smack earlier this week to get on these boards and eat some darn crow...

O and who needs a balanced offense gl 348 rushing yards! 4tds between 2 players.

Good information thanks your kids played well nothing toi hang thier heads about great game, i just want that kid whoo was talking massive smack earlier this week to get on these boards and eat some darn crow...

O and who needs a balanced offense gl 348 rushing yards! 4tds between 2 players.
[/quote]

That kid probably got his computer taken away from him from coming on here and talking trash. Parents might be teaching him how to make a tin can and string phone right now as we speak. ;D ;D ;D

Well I wasn't privy to seeing any punches, Logan Ross (#20) is a good kid, not usually mouthy either, not trying to stir the pot any, the next one might think twice. Logan is training for MMA in the local Dojo. He holds his 2nd Dan in his discipline Tang Soo Do specifically, but he's level headed and saves that sort of thing for the ring. He he trains with my son who moves up to varsity next year. None the less, no harm no foul as far as I'm concerned. I'm a big fan of Kevin Flanigan and if there was any wrong doing he will address it, he runs a tight ship.

Passing and good ball control will beat Dawson, keep their offense off the field and their secondary back on their heels. Be opportunistic, and capitalize at every break. I appreciate the kind words, but it really is no leap of faith, nor does it take a lot of effort, to show a little class, and take your losses as well as your wins. But still thanks again for the kind words. Best of luck Crosby Cougars, play hard, be safe, and always remember this. Every day counts, but only one night matters, and that's game night, but don't take the word game too seriously, because believe me, it's more than just a game.

Best wishes and God bless you all.......

It's hard to question the coaching, because they keep winning. But everyone I talked to after the game had the same comments. Three things that stuck out. One was we went for it when we should have punted. Two, why not have 2 men deep on kick offs that are suspected onside kicks. And THREE, drop back your secondary so that you [b]do not get beat deep[/b]. Do not want to be negative and the coaches know way more than I do, but it just seems too obvious. Maybe someone else can explain. Either way the guys came up big and it was a great win. I have a new name for them, Cardiac Cougars!

[quote name="COUCH TATER" post="715248" timestamp="1258862850"]
It's hard to question the coaching, because they keep winning. But everyone I talked to after the game had the same comments. Three things that stuck out. One was we went for it when we should have punted. Two, why not have 2 men deep on kick offs that are suspected onside kicks. And THREE, drop back your secondary so that you [b]do not get beat deep[/b]. Do not want to be negative and the coaches know way more than I do, but it just seems too obvious. Maybe someone else can explain. Either way the guys came up big and it was a great win. I have a new name for them, Cardiac Cougars!
[/quote]

We need to ahve a seperate post for this subject, but what happens is we play a cover-2 which leaves open the middle i wish the staff would mix in a cover three package to take advantage of teams scouting.

If they want to keep advancing they are going to have to make some adjustments in that secondary. With that said, they have done a h&ll of a job thus far. To advance I believe they are going to have to change things up a little. You have to "dance with the one that brung you" but I think you're going to have to add a wrinkle in the offensive and defensive scheme to advance further. To watch their first game of the year and where they are now is quite amazing.

Wow....what a game, all the way to the last second!!! I was there in all my purple enjoying the game!
Congratulations...and no kidding about the new nickname (Cardiac Cougars)..that is the kind of game that gives me a massive headache- boy am I glad it was not a repeat come 7pm, just don't think I could have handled 2 in one day  :P

Keep it rolling Crosby!

[quote name="COUCH TATER" post="715300" timestamp="1258865928"]
If they want to keep advancing they are going to have to make some adjustments in that secondary. With that said, they have done a h&ll of a job thus far. To advance I believe they are going to have to change things up a little. You have to "dance with the one that brung you" but I think you're going to have to add a wrinkle in the offensive and defensive scheme to advance further. To watch their first game of the year and where they are now is quite amazing.
[/quote]

They introduced a wrinkle this week if you didn't notice, but id like to see the defense change coverages more often... itd be good for the team.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder