WOS JR. WHITE (STJFL) VS SILSBEE JR. MAROON (LONESTAR) PREDICTION

KDM 2

[quote name="Stangs92" post="716845" timestamp="1259075590"]
Also want to say the Silsbee coaches made no excuses and did not once think about quitting. They were some stand up guys and want their kids to come up playing top competition.
[/quote]

I agree, I never heard them whine once. 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="td" post="716776" timestamp="1259065716"]
[quote author=Sloe link=topic=62451.msg716612#msg716612 date=1259030787]
after finding out about the weight difference and age. this game should not have been played. JMO
[/quote]

It was very obvious that they either had or picked up kids that weighed more than 85 pounds. They were very unorganized and my guess is that is from picking up kids that weren't use to playing with them. No way the win the super bowl being that unorganized. I think they had 6, 12 men on the field calls. You can say what you want. The kids they had were every bit as big as our kids. Not one person as just come on and said good job Mustangs. But that is what I expected. Thanks to our coaches. Great job preparing our kids. Not just for this game but all season. It was total domination just as it has been each and every week these kids have hit the field this year. Congrats to the Mustangs.
[/quote]
If I get on here and say good job WOS, then I piss off an entire league (LoneStar) and you know how political I am.

But seriously, from someone who got a taste of your team up close.  You guys were simply awesome.  Players, Coaches, Everyone.  You know how good you are, but I am sure it is still nice to hear others agree with you.

I hope that ya'll bring it and knock the crap out of those Big City teams. 

Go Stangs!!!  Good Luck.

[quote name="daddy23" post="717275" timestamp="1259122094"]
[quote author=td link=topic=62451.msg716776#msg716776 date=1259065716]
[quote author=Sloe link=topic=62451.msg716612#msg716612 date=1259030787]
after finding out about the weight difference and age. this game should not have been played. JMO
[/quote]

It was very obvious that they either had or picked up kids that weighed more than 85 pounds. They were very unorganized and my guess is that is from picking up kids that weren't use to playing with them. No way the win the super bowl being that unorganized. I think they had 6, 12 men on the field calls. You can say what you want. The kids they had were every bit as big as our kids. Not one person as just come on and said good job Mustangs. But that is what I expected. Thanks to our coaches. Great job preparing our kids. Not just for this game but all season. It was total domination just as it has been each and every week these kids have hit the field this year. Congrats to the Mustangs.
[/quote]
If I get on here and say good job WOS, then I piss off an entire league (LoneStar) and you know how political I am.

But seriously, from someone who got a taste of your team up close.  You guys were simply awesome.  Players, Coaches, Everyone.  You know how good you are, but I am sure it is still nice to hear others agree with you.

I hope that ya'll bring it and knock the crap out of those Big City teams. 

Go Stangs!!!  Good Luck.

[/quote]Heck i'll say it congrats Mustangs and i did coach in the Lonstar league . coached my son in stjfl when he was coming up.always had a good time Again good luck Mustangs make setx proud

Thanks. I think my point got lost in my post somewhere. I've tried to make sense of it but it only sounds more confusing. In the end it really isn't important.

Everyone have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I'm lucky enough to get to go to the deer lease with at least one of my boys and maybe both after we give Thanks at lunch.

[quote name="td" post="717378" timestamp="1259152456"]
Thanks. I think my point got lost in my post somewhere. I've tried to make sense of it but it only sounds more confusing. In the end it really isn't important.

Everyone have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I'm lucky enough to get to go to the deer lease with at least one of my boys and maybe both after we give Thanks at lunch.
[/quote]

Have a Great Trip.

Happy Thanksgiving to All!

• 1 month later...
[quote name="Stangs92" post="716665" timestamp="1259035620"]
They actually had some nice sized kids on their team. The size difference was not there to be honest with ya. They had some nice sized running backs also. What I don't understand about Lonestar is u can be 10 years old and only 85 pounds but you can be an 86 pound 10 year old and get whipped on by a bigger 12 year old,and from what I hear some 7th graders. Why is that acceptable?
[/quote]

Their best back was 8 years old, Mc Cain and he weighed 70 lbs. what games were you at? look nobody is making excuses they whipped Silsbee just as I said they would.
WOS looked great but, they were as big as our seniors with there 10 year olds and thats fine cause thats how STJFL is built nothing wrong with that but don't bash us cause we don't do it.
The reason is simple, we need 3 year age brackets to have enough kids we are smaller most of us anyway, STJFL is awesome and I love what you are doing, but it just doesn't work for us crap, and we have been playing with larger ten year olds in seniors for ten years now as did some of your towns when we started STJFL. When will all of the hard fellings and animostiy die?
As far as the seventh graders they are 12 for the 900th time we feel that 12 is 12. We play 12 year olds to fill out teams reguardless of the rumors no one ever has more that 4 or 5 unless there is some freak year somewhere but they still are 12 .
I personally have not held a gun to anyone and made them play in Lonestar if you don't like 12 there are other options.
Again I like STJFL and have alot of friends over there and look forward to the day we can get along and work together.

[quote name="captainclaude" post="738845" timestamp="1262722608"]
[quote author=Stangs92 link=topic=62451.msg716665#msg716665 date=1259035620]
They actually had some nice sized kids on their team. The size difference was not there to be honest with ya. They had some nice sized running backs also. What I don't understand about Lonestar is u can be 10 years old and only 85 pounds but you can be an 86 pound 10 year old and get whipped on by a bigger 12 year old,and from what I hear some 7th graders. Why is that acceptable?
[/quote]

Their best back was 8 years old, Mc Cain and he weighed 70 lbs. what games were you at? look nobody is making excuses they whipped Silsbee just as I said they would.
WOS looked great but, they were as big as our seniors with there 10 year olds and thats fine cause thats how STJFL is built nothing wrong with that but don't bash us cause we don't do it.
The reason is simple, we need 3 year age brackets to have enough kids we are smaller most of us anyway, STJFL is awesome and I love what you are doing, but it just doesn't work for us crap, and we have been playing with larger ten year olds in seniors for ten years now as did some of your towns when we started STJFL. When will all of the hard fellings and animostiy die?
As far as the seventh graders they are 12 for the 900th time we feel that 12 is 12. We play 12 year olds to fill out teams reguardless of the rumors no one ever has more that 4 or 5 unless there is some freak year somewhere but they still are 12 .
I personally have not held a gun to anyone and made them play in Lonestar if you don't like 12 there are other options.
Again I like STJFL and have alot of friends over there and look forward to the day we can get along and work together.
[/quote]

Captain, I think you stepped off of the deep end. 92 was simply asking questions that he didn't know the answer to and thats why he asked. He didn't accuse anyone of anything or bash Lonestar for anything. He simply didn't know the answers nor did I for that matter. I think you had a flash back to the  days  when there were hard feelings between STJFL and Lonestar. Maybe there still are some but not with 92 or myself. Good luck next season.           

[quote name="td" post="739278" timestamp="1262789134"]
[quote author=captainclaude link=topic=62451.msg738845#msg738845 date=1262722608]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Captain, I think you stepped off of the deep end. 92 was simply asking questions that he didn't know the answer to and thats why he asked. He didn't accuse anyone of anything or bash Lonestar for anything. He simply didn't know the answers nor did I for that matter. I think you had a flash back to the  days  when there were hard feelings between STJFL and Lonestar. Maybe there still are some but not with 92 or myself. Good luck next season.           
[/quote]
Sorry if I took it the wrong way I just get tired of the crap on 12 year olds when for some reason they are supposedly stronger than a kid that failed and is in the sixth grade now I see that there are some proposals for 13 year olds to play against 11 year olds. How is that okay for a teenager who has reached maturity to play an 11 year old and we get it for a 12 year old to play a 86 lbs and bigger 10 year old.?.
As far as the other I was against this game because of the eight and nine year old running backs on Silsbee's team so I did not understand the comment about nice size kids when our 10 year olds are 85 and under and his backfield didn't even have a 10 year old in it.
And I am not making excuses WOS is awesome I just did not think they matched up well enough to play without serious injuries and thank the good Lord I was wrong they were only a few minor injuries.
Good luck to you also I hope we all have a great year next season.

[quote name="captainclaude" post="742245" timestamp="1263239728"]
[quote author=td link=topic=62451.msg739278#msg739278 date=1262789134]
[quote author=captainclaude link=topic=62451.msg738845#msg738845 date=1262722608]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Sorry if I took it the wrong way I just get tired of the crap on 12 year olds when for some reason they are supposedly stronger than a kid that failed and is in the sixth grade now I see that there are some proposals for 13 year olds to play against 11 year olds. How is that okay for a teenager who has reached maturity to play an 11 year old and we get it for a 12 year old to play a 86 lbs and bigger 10 year old.?.
As far as the other I was against this game because of the eight and nine year old running backs on Silsbee's team so I did not understand the comment about nice size kids when our 10 year olds are 85 and under and his backfield didn't even have a 10 year old in it.
And I am not making excuses WOS is awesome I just did not think they matched up well enough to play without serious injuries and thank the good Lord I was wrong they were only a few minor injuries.
[/quote]

I think maybe there were some kids brought in. The kids we played weighed more than 85 lbs. The other reason I thought that was they had way too many "too many men on thefield" calls. They seemed very unorganized and I attributed that to the fact that they may have brought some kids in to play with them. Which was perfectly fine because that's what was agreed upon.

Again Good Luck.

[quote name="td" post="742296" timestamp="1263243820"]
[quote author=captainclaude link=topic=62451.msg742245#msg742245 date=1263239728]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

I think maybe there were some kids brought in. The kids we played weighed more than 85 lbs. The other reason I thought that was they had way too many "too many men on thefield" calls. They seemed very unorganized and I attributed that to the fact that they may have brought some kids in to play with them. Which was perfectly fine because that's what was agreed upon.

Again Good Luck.
[/quote] They were, and they did bring some kids in but it was off the Jr. white team thats where the QB came from when they tried to throw the ball which wasn't a good idea. lol

[quote name="captainclaude" post="742606" timestamp="1263308760"]
[quote author=td link=topic=62451.msg742296#msg742296 date=1263243820]
[quote author=captainclaude link=topic=62451.msg742245#msg742245 date=1263239728]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Again Good Luck.
[/quote] They were, and they did bring some kids in but it was off the Jr. white team thats where the QB came from when they tried to throw the ball which wasn't a good idea. lol
[/quote]

That's good to know. I knew they had to be better organized as a team than to have that many calls for a silly penalty.

We taught our kids that if it was in the air it was meant for us. They bought into it and believed it and boy did they go after the ball if it was put in the air.

• 1 year later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin