District Changes?

HJfan2

[quote name="pirate68" post="710184" timestamp="1258416776"]
[quote author=HillGuy link=topic=62240.msg709729#msg709729 date=1258390545]
GCM Pats..Why do you think Dayton is a better candidate to move into 20-4A?  I think BH is actually a little closer (I-10 vs HWY 90).  I know the majority of BH fans/parents I know would prefer to be in 20-4A...not just for football, but for the better overall competition  in all sports. 

Isn't GCM going move up?

Note to any mods reading:  might be a good idea to create a "sticky" thread with official enrollment numbers of area schools.  This topic is sure to get BIG soon as we approach Feb realignment!
[/quote]I never understood why they always put Dayton in with us instead of BH? If BH were to move to 20-4A it would make an already tuff baseball district brutal.Probably the tuffest in the state.
[/quote]

It would make a good baseball district, but there is some very good competition south near Corpus.  Football would be fun and very interesting for all.  Volleyball would be much improved.  Worse part of it all is playing near Orange.......Just Kidding Koop.  ;D ;D

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is one consistency I have noticed with the UIL, they tend to try and not screw a team multiple times in a row.  Case in point.  Dayton got boned when they had to move to 20-4A, lets be honest, must have sucked for them.  These past two years, Livingston had to grab their ankles.  Next realignment, I would not expect either team to get stuck in 20-4A.  It will most likely be Barbers Hill, or (assuming the normal craziness from the UIL) a team like GCM or Baytown Lee.

I went to Humble, moved after my sophmore year in 2000. The district was huge their, my graduating class was like 1100. Now they are building schools their like it is going out of style. Why are they doing this? I know eventually it may get costly for these schools. They are getting taxes from the same area, I don't see how the state okays this. I loved the school when it was that big. Back then we were good at all sports, now I don't hear much about them. We were in the playoffs in the 3 major sports for guys every year. I think they should spread out where they are building these school. When I was in Humble, the city of Humble and Atascosita both had Middle Schools then combined for HS. The athletes we had then were some beasts.

[quote name="Gametime23" post="710356" timestamp="1258429230"]
I went to Humble, moved after my sophmore year in 2000. The district was huge their, my graduating class was like 1100. Now they are building schools their like it is going out of style. Why are they doing this? I know eventually it may get costly for these schools. They are getting taxes from the same area, I don't see how the state okays this. I loved the school when it was that big. Back then we were good at all sports, now I don't hear much about them. We were in the playoffs in the 3 major sports for guys every year. I think they should spread out where they are building these school. When I was in Humble, the city of Humble and Atascosita both had Middle Schools then combined for HS. The athletes we had then were some beasts.
[/quote]

Well that is simple, its called growth and they have not got much choice but to expand, as all 5 of there schools will be much 4A and 5A sizes. You have to put them somewhere and there is no space left to expand HUmble HS.

Yes I know it is called growth, but why continue to build schools when they r all 4a. I went to a 4a after I went to Humble, the whole HS was the size of my graduating class at Humble. If it could support about 5000 kids then why can't it now. I drove down the Beltway the other day, ear Wilson Rd and see a school going up there. I think it was a new hs, that is what 6-7 miles from Humble High. That does not make any sense to me to build these schools and them all be 4a. Combine 3 of them and be a 5a. Waste of tax payer money. Someone said b4 that no one is moving into that part of Humble for Humble High to stay 5a, well you can't build on top of houses lol. If it continues like this and Humble does go 5a they will eventually shut down. The school is so large it would cost to much to keep maintained and up to date.

[quote name="oldrock" post="704874" timestamp="1258037320"]
They split up Dayton and Crosby 4 years ago.  They are almost as close as Cleveland and Tarkington.
[/quote]

Tarkington is at best a 5 minute drive from the city limits of Cleveland whereas it takes me at least twice that much time (going the speed limit) to get from Dayton to Crosby. They had a weird decision to make because Huffman and BH both went up and are equal distance to Dayton so someone from BH or Dayton was going to get shafted and it was the Broncos.

But the guy who said when has the UIL ever made much sense hit the nail on the head.

[quote name="Gametime23" post="710638" timestamp="1258471624"]
Yes I know it is called growth, but why continue to build schools when they r all 4a. I went to a 4a after I went to Humble, the whole HS was the size of my graduating class at Humble. If it could support about 5000 kids then why can't it now. I drove down the Beltway the other day, ear Wilson Rd and see a school going up there. I think it was a new hs, that is what 6-7 miles from Humble High. That does not make any sense to me to build these schools and them all be 4a. Combine 3 of them and be a 5a. Waste of tax payer money. Someone said b4 that no one is moving into that part of Humble for Humble High to stay 5a, well you can't build on top of houses lol. If it continues like this and Humble does go 5a they will eventually shut down. The school is so large it would cost to much to keep maintained and up to date.
[/quote]

Only Humble will end up as a 4A school, Atascocita, Kingwood, Park and Summer Creek will all be in 5A.

[quote name="HillGuy" post="709729" timestamp="1258390545"]
GCM Pats..Why do you think Dayton is a better candidate to move into 20-4A?  I think BH is actually a little closer (I-10 vs HWY 90).  I know the majority of BH fans/parents I know would prefer to be in 20-4A...not just for football, but for the better overall competition  in all sports. 

Isn't GCM going move up?

Note to any mods reading:  might be a good idea to create a "sticky" thread with official enrollment numbers of area schools.  This topic is sure to get BIG soon as we approach Feb realignment!
[/quote]

According to mapquest Dayton is 50 miles and 1 hour from Beaumont and Mont Belvieu is 55 miles and 54 minutes from Beaumont. So it's pretty much the same.

So shaft the school (Humble) who has been there for years and give numbers to other schools. Boy I know the administration can't be happy. Like I said b4, they do that to Humble and within 10 years they will shut the school down. How do you take so many kids out of a school. So happy to be in small town America bc I would go nuts if I was there.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="Gametime23" post="711253" timestamp="1258519405"]
So shaft the school (Humble) who has been there for years and give numbers to other schools. Boy I know the administration can't be happy. Like I said b4, they do that to Humble and within 10 years they will shut the school down. How do you take so many kids out of a school. So happy to be in small town America bc I would go nuts if I was there.
[/quote]

Some districts get "Katy-envy". That's when you desire to be the Superintendent of a large, successful school district with multiple high schools. (The whole, size matters argument).  Overcrowding can be alleviated by simply building 9th grade campuses. That is the largest group of students at every high school.

I'm afraid that most of you dont understand how a school district works.  They dont build schools to address the current population of that school.  They build schools, espeically high schools, based on their projections of what the population of that school will be.  In the Humble ISD, they built Summer Creek HS to alleviate some of the population overcrowding that already exists, plus the amazing amount of overcrowding that will be created in the years to come for Atascocita HS.  Currently, all the students that live in the Summerwood and Fall Creek subdivisions go to AHS.  That is a huge area for [u]young[u][/u][/u] families.  The elementary schools in those areas are full as they can be.  It is true that families are moving out of the school zone for Humble HS, so they may be stuck being a 4A for years to come.  However, although schools like Kingwood Park and Summer Creek (which will only have fresh-juniors next year) are currently 4A, they will soon be huge 5A schools.  I'm sorry for the Humble grad that longs for the glory days of Humble HS, but times change and the population boom is happening in the suburban areas of Humble, therefore those schools will now be the big 5A's.  AHS currently has a great head coach and I would expect them to do great things in the future.  SCHS's head coach is the former OC from Northshore, so I would expect them to do great things in the future as well.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="aaronjm75" post="711463" timestamp="1258562570"]
I'm afraid that most of you dont understand how a school district works.  They dont build schools to address the current population of that school.  They build schools, espeically high schools, based on their projections of what the population of that school will be.  In the Humble ISD, they built Summer Creek HS to alleviate some of the population overcrowding that already exists, plus the amazing amount of overcrowding that will be created in the years to come for Atascocita HS.  Currently, all the students that live in the Summerwood and Fall Creek subdivisions go to AHS.  That is a huge area for [u]young[u][/u][/u] families.  The elementary schools in those areas are full as they can be.  It is true that families are moving out of the school zone for Humble HS, so they may be stuck being a 4A for years to come.  However, although schools like Kingwood Park and Summer Creek (which will only have fresh-juniors next year) are currently 4A, they will soon be huge 5A schools.  I'm sorry for the Humble grad that longs for the glory days of Humble HS, but times change and the population boom is happening in the suburban areas of Humble, therefore those schools will now be the big 5A's.  AHS currently has a great head coach and I would expect them to do great things in the future.  SCHS's head coach is the former OC from Northshore, so I would expect them to do great things in the future as well.
[/quote]

I know exactly how GCCISD works. They do not plan for the future, they plan for the past. By the time they make a decision, it's implementation is outdated. The overcrowding at Sterling could have easily been eliminated years ago by building a 9th grade campus.  They could have fixed the problems at RE Lee by making it a Magnet/Career Center and possibly building a new school (like they have done) in the area of growth in Baytown. GCCISD did not need a 3rd high school.

[quote name="Gametime23" post="711253" timestamp="1258519405"]
[/quote]

No one is moving into that area anymore, look at it its overcrowding and changes the last 15 years. Movement has been to Atascocita area and Kingwood Park. Plus you have to be nuts to think theu are going to shutdown Humble ever, much less in 10 yrs.

[quote name="rapayne" post="710932" timestamp="1258495090"]
[quote author=Gametime23 link=topic=62240.msg710638#msg710638 date=1258471624]
[/quote]

Only Humble will end up as a 4A school, Atascocita, Kingwood, Park and Summer Creek will all be in 5A.
[/quote]

Not according to the people at Kingwood Park and at the main offices of Humble ISD, accoriding to people at both locations I have spoken with bKingwood, SC and Atascacita will be their 5A's while Humble and KP will be 4A. At least that is what they are planning for.

[quote name="HJfan2" post="704371" timestamp="1257971642"]
I heard a rumor cleveland was getting moved to navasotas district and HJ was filling clevelands spot.
[/quote]

Not true, go to Cleveland ISD's web site, it clearly states that we will be staying in our bracket, however, I do see this happening next go around because Cleveland could use another High school and elementry school, our class rooms are full!

[quote name="aaronjm75" post="711463" timestamp="1258562570"]
[/quote]

Aaron,
Kingwood Park has their first senior class this year. My niece is part of it. Their numbers in October show they should still stay at the 4A level.

[quote name="Lightning/Eagle" post="711627" timestamp="1258578110"]
[quote author=aaronjm75 link=topic=62240.msg711463#msg711463 date=1258562570]
[/quote]

Aaron,
Kingwood Park has their first senior class this year. My niece is part of it. Their numbers in October show they should still stay at the 4A level.
[/quote]
I knew that, I was trying to say that Summer Creek will only have freshman thru juniors

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder